Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: unaffected breast tenderness

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Sep 4, 2006 12:53PM

sueincanada wrote:

i had a right mast in dec. lately i have had tenderness in my left breast and underarm.has anyone expierenced this?it comes and goes and is starting to scare me.. im wondering if its a muscle problem or a sympathetic pain..or should i worry? i do still have alot of chest soreness from my mast .expecially since radiation. thanks sue

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Sep 4, 2006 06:41PM Binney4 wrote:

Sue, I'm so sorry for all the troubles you're dealing with. Having been through so much treatment, I'd say you're about due for some relief!

I trust you're still scheduled to see your doc on Wednesday, and you should certainly bring up this problem, plus the stiffness on your surgery side and the back and shoulder achiness. You need some follow-through on this and some answers. It might be that all you need is some Physical Therapy to get everything back in working order, but none of it is anything you should feel shy about getting answers to.

Please come back and let us know what you discover. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday...
Binney

Sep 6, 2006 05:22PM sueincanada wrote:

went to pt today and had so heat therapy and new exercises. going back tomorrow this should help . she says i have some sca tissue formed and surg thinks its from the radiation. Surg also says that i am depressed and need to get out more and stop waiting for the cancer to come back. he is right.told me also to take the paxil that onc perscribed so i will try it and hopefully get moving again..im just so sad all the time its hard to be sore daily and to fight this...as we all know...thanks for listening binney

Sep 6, 2006 07:07PM Binney4 wrote:

Hi, Sue,

I think I answered your post on the next board down earlier today ("For Those Who Have NOT Chosen Reconstruction", only it was posted under Anonymous/unregistered) -- or else there are two of you going through exactly the same thing! I just wanted to add here in case no one mentioned it to you that it takes awhile for Paxil to kick in, so you have to be patient with it. Seems to me it's something like a month -- maybe someone else can post who knows more about it. (When you're down, a month can seem like forever, so post often and let us know how you're doing.) I certainly hope the exercise, anti-depressant, and simple time will help heal all the trauma, and that the physio will really make a difference in the pain and discomfort. Take your time and heal body, mind, and spirit together.

Be well (and stay in touch!),
Binney

Sep 7, 2006 08:58AM AnnaM wrote:

Sue, sometimes it helps to force yourself to go out for a tiny walk a few times each day. Even just a few steps will help change your outlook.

This will sound trite, but laughing helps, too. Maybe you have some funny movies on tape, or maybe you could ask a friend to rent something for you? I read really silly books after my surgery, and that helped get my mind into a different place.

What Binney says about it taking time for the Paxil to work sounds right on target. I have read the same thing.

Finally, you might check into whether your local hospital sponsors support groups. I joined a spiritual support group and we meet once a month. It helps to hear what others who are facing the same issues I am have to say. It's also good to be heard.

Lots of hugs,

Anna
Bilat. MX + DIEP 9/2005, 0/9 nodes and 2/2 nodes; IDC, <1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+; 4x A/C, 4x Taxol and 1 yr. weekly Herceptin

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)