Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: LE little better after mammogram?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Sep 7, 2006 04:56PM

rrs wrote:

I noticed today that my LE was a little better after having mammograms this week. Maybe it squeezed open an new pathway. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Sep 8, 2006 02:44AM inspiewriter wrote:

Cool! Mine is also a bit better after m'gram last week, but I know it's really due to the extra elasticized sleeve I'm wearing at night.

Hope yours stays better!!

Sep 8, 2006 05:55PM rrs wrote:

Actually it is even better today. I had a stomach virus and didn't eat for two days -- maybe that is the reason.

Are we having fun yet????

Sep 8, 2006 06:18PM Binney4 wrote:

Good grief, rrs, I am so sorry -- what a week you've had! If your tummy's up for it be sure to rehydrate yourself. Dehydration caused by stomach upsets (just like taking diuretics) can reduce the swelling temporarily, but it won't reduce the protein content of the lymph fluid that's hanging around between the cells, which makes it thicker and even harder to move. So rehydrating might cause a slight increase in swelling, but it'll make the lymph fluid easier to move and might make the tissue feel a bit softer as well.

I truly hope you have a restful weekend and great good news from the mammo. And ultrasound. And biopsy. Yikes! Got any ativan left?!

Hang in there!
Binney

Sep 9, 2006 11:16AM rrs wrote:

Thanks, Binney. I'm fine now and I've been drinking lots of water. You must have read my long ranting post about my experience. I just got a call from the oncoloist's nurse practitioner (yes, on Saturday!). Everything is OK. Whew!

They will do an MRI in 6 months. And, on it goes!

Never took ativan. Got an Rx for Effexor and never took it. Now I have an Rx for Neurontin to take only at night for hot flashes. I may try it sooner or later. I just hate to talk drugs but probably could have used something this past week.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)