Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

DONATING USED/ NEW LE GARMENTS AND BANDAGE SUPPLIES

hugz4u
hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
edited May 2021 in Lymphedema

I thought I should start this thread instead of posting on the Pathways Magazine thread where I originally posted about donating our Lymphedema supplies and garments that just sit around. I hate to just throw them out, such a waste of money and so now we have finally found a place were they are desperately needed.  A third world country, Haiti.

Due to family illness I was not able to donate my LE stuff for the send off to Haiti last intake. LE is so prevalent there due to mosquito bites that carry a disease called Lymphatic Filariasis that causes disfigurement and intense suffering.  

The next intake to send stuff is for Oct 4/14. Let see if we can get some stuff together. I have tons of stuff that never fit properly including a new custom sleeve that I will donate.

DONATIONS: Send LE garment and LE supplies donations to:

BANDAGES PLUS

ATT: ILWTI Haiti Mission

1701 NW 82nd Ave

Miami FL

They will forward it on to those that go on the mission

Comments

• carol57
    carol57 Member Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2014

Hugz, I have some bandages that a vendor gave me as a sample, and I never needed or used them. Can you post a link to more information on where to send things?

• hugz4u
    edited July 2014

Here is where to send your donations of LE garments for any part of the body. Shapers/compression tees/sleeves/gloves/gauntlets/trunkal garments/ leg garments, etc. Bandaging supplies, even used bandages. Please wash the donations. 

LETS ALL KEEP THIS THREAD BUMPED UP REGULARLY.

Here is the original info I cut and pasted from the PATHWAYS thread. It gives the full run down. 

DONATING OUR OLD/NEW GARMENTS DUE TO AWFUL DISEASE CALLED LYMPHATIC FILARIASIS

Compression tee/shapers/sleeves/gloves/gauntlets/leg garments

Ok guys, Got a reply from International Lymphedema and wound care training institute. They thank us so much for wanting to donate. Sounds excited about us donating ILWTI.

Here is their reply:

"Thank you so much for your email. This is good news! Please collect any donated items which we can courier to Haiti.

We are so thankful to Bandages Plus for not only providing quality compression products throughout the years, but now also partnering with us in this international project. They have been so gracious to help collect items and store them for us until we are ready for a return trip .

Just in the last few days we received grant funding and we are actually going to Leogane, Haiti next week (july 18-21) to formally open the services for Lymphedema patients in the clinic.We are so excited. If you are able to send donations by then that is great, otherwise we will take them back with us in October when we are bringing our first large clinical team as part of the international lymphedema Certificate we offer.

You are also always welcome to join a team to help us treat patients in Haiti, SImply sign up for October if you are interested.

Thank you so much, and please do share this information with your colleagues".

Send donations to:

BANDAGES PLUS

Atten: ILWTI Haiti Mission

1701 NW 82nd Ave

Miami, Fl 33126

http://www.bandagesplus.com

• carol57
    carol57 Member Posts: 1,550
    edited July 2014

Thank you, hugz!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited July 2014

Kinesio tape too?   I had an allergic reaction to it after I bought 2 rolls.

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited July 2014

By the time my old garments no longer have a life with me, they are 'shot'.   When I get new sets, the older ones get recycled into other 'places'.  I keep an older set in each truck (3) so if I have to change tire, work on it, or 'whatever' I can change into it and not ruin my 'new' one while doing 'whatever'. Also have older sets in tack box, gardening box, boat and my tackle boxes.  As I get new sets the older ones get moved around.  By the time they are done, they are usually really stained up and compression is lost due to being out in temperature extremes (-20's to 100's F)   I'll be getting 2 new sets in Sept so will be be doing a better check on the older ones to see if some might be useable.  

Do you know if this Mission is one that also takes prosthesis?  I heard of one but lost the address and I do have a very good pros that would be better helping someone than sitting on the shelf.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    edited August 2014

bump

• hugz4u
    edited September 2014

OK girls, last time I talked about donating new/ used LE supplies and garments I said that they would be taking more donations. I remember that they are going to Haiti in Oct so please wrap up all your ill fitting and whatever LE stuff you don't need and send it off to the above postings address. I have stuff to send and feel really good about helping a third world country that has no money for garments.   GO For IT, help our world be a better place.

• hugz4u
    edited September 2014

Woo Hoo, I got my extra LE stuff together and sent it off for donations. There were donning gloves that came in a pair but I only use the right side one. There were shapers.sleeves, gauntlets and gloves. I stuffed a box full and it only cost 12 bucks to send to Bandages Plus. I know I am going to make someone in Haiti happy and that makes my dayThumbsUp

Come on girls. Laundered wraps and gauze that has a bit of life in it is better than nothing to our fellow LE.ers. Anything that has to do with LE is appreciated.

• hugz4u
    edited September 2014

Time is running out to get those donations in.

Oct 4th to get the stuff send in by then.

Lets make it happen!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited September 2014

bump

• hugz4u
    edited September 2014

Thanks for the bump

Come on girls.get donating. feels so good to help our LE friends in poor countries. time is running out and I don't know when the next intake is.

• bren58
    bren58 Member Posts: 688
    edited October 2014

Great! I have a sleeve that is too short for me. Glad to send it so that someone else can use it.

• Calypso1
    Calypso1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020

I have a compression sleeve for night wear. Very expensive and used only a few times. Does anyone know if the above address is still accepting donations? Or have an alternate?

Thank you, Roberta

• MsPrecious
    MsPrecious Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2020

Hi Calypso1,

Please if you search for this mission and couldn't find them, I won't mind having the garment. I wear LR Caresia to sleep. It's blue color and size is small (My measurements actually is medium but I do go a size down on night garment). I would have loved something that's custom made but I can't afford it, I pay out of pocket. My day sleeve is juzo size II long in case you would like to see if the size will fit.

Thanks in advance.

• Jeanne515
    Jeanne515 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

Did anyone ever find a place to donate used sleeves and gauntlets?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808
    edited February 2021

Dear Jeanne515,

Welcome to the BCO community. We have reached out to the organization noted in the posts above to see if they are still accepting garments, etc. We will keep you and all posted as to what we learn. You also might want to take a look at the Free Cycle Forum. That might have other leads.

The Mods

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited May 2021

Any updates on a place to donate old compression garments?