We are 212,156 members in 82 forums discussing 151,811 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Men can get LE too

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Dec 20, 2015 03:01PM - edited Dec 20, 2015 03:02PM by kareenie

kareenie wrote:

We were at the San Diego zoo and there was a man who had a display and was explaining about the foot bones and teeth of elephants. I noticed he was wearing LE sleeve and glove so I just had to say something to him. We see fellow sleeve wearers out in public so seldom. I held up my sleeve arm and said "Lymphedema shout out." He said yes he had BC 2-1/2 years ago. I said yes I know men get BC too. He taught high school and tries to educate young guys about BC.

Just wanted to share ... thought it was interesting.

ILC 1994 & 2009, Endometrial CA 2005, DES dau, Chemo, Rads, Femara, Prolia, MRM L, ALND, PNSMX R, LE, FG

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 20, 2015 04:13PM ksusan wrote:

Thanks. I had a good conversation about my sleeves with a woman at the airport a few days ago. I'd rather talk with people than try to hide that I'm wearing them.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Dec 21, 2015 03:37AM Traveltext wrote:

I have male friend with LE. He has stage 4 bc. 

I'm trying t avoid this dreaded condition by being super careful about cuts and bites to my left arm since I've had an axillary clearance 

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Mar 3, 2017 04:48PM kareenie wrote:

I just thought I would bump this old thread to top for Cliff to see.

ILC 1994 & 2009, Endometrial CA 2005, DES dau, Chemo, Rads, Femara, Prolia, MRM L, ALND, PNSMX R, LE, FG

Mar 3, 2017 07:28PM Traveltext wrote:

And for Fiddleman who is keeping his LE at bay so that he can keep playing his music.

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)