We are 207,448 members in 81 forums discussing 149,535 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Lymphedema → Topic: Surgery for lymphedema

Topic: Surgery for lymphedema

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Aug 24, 2016 05:46AM

SusanRachel wrote:

Who here has had surgery for your lymphedema? I am having a lymph node transfer shortly and am looking for your experiences.

I couldn't figure out why absolutely nothing was improving/changing my lymphedema until I had the preop MRI. When they injected contrast into my hand to watch the lymphatic flow, the found...nothing. I have zero lymphatic movement. They watched for an extra few hours to make sure, but with no contrast movement, they can't do a bypass. It certainly explains why my LE is so resistant to improvement! When I do something, I do it right.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 7, 2017 05:19AM Lissee wrote:

susan, just wondering if you're seeing results from surgery? I just had lnt surgery last week at USC. My hand and forearm which was swollen almost constantly, now looks almost normal. Did you have additional procedures or treatment after surgery?

Jun 7, 2017 05:28PM - edited Jun 7, 2017 05:32PM by hugz4u

there is a thread especially here or lymphedema surgery, transfers etc. I'll try to bump it up as it has many experiences. We urge you to post your experiences as you are cutting the path for us medically speaking. Much appreciated

Jun 13, 2018 11:35AM MRock wrote:

Hi All,

I just wanted to drop in and say that there has been some activity happened about this topic on this page:

Topic: LVA surgery - bypass surgery - Have you done it?

I hope the link works.

Gentle hugs and great summer vacations to all!

Dx 7/2015, ILC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIC, 32/33 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)