We are 196,348 members in 81 forums discussing 144,710 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Lymphedema → Topic: Large Gloved Lyphedema sleeve ?

Topic: Large Gloved Lyphedema sleeve ?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Oct 26, 2017 08:13AM

trigeek wrote:

Hi all,

One of my friends has developed lymphedema on both arms and hands she is looking for large sized gloved lymphedema sleeves. What is the best place to order a standard one for plus sizes?

Thanks in advance,

Bilateral MX with Recon, DD AC/Taxol Rads,Tamoxifen, oopherectomy, femara, zometa "Live Deliberately !"www.aylin-yeahright.blogspot.com/ Surgery 9/1/2007 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 10/7/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/4/2008 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 6/11/2008 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 26, 2017 09:46AM Moderators wrote:

Hi trigeek,

We're sure others here will be by shortly with some great suggestions, but you may want to check out the main Breastcancer.org site's page on Compression Sleeves and Garments, which lists some popular companies to try!

We hope this helps!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Oct 26, 2017 10:42AM - edited Oct 26, 2017 10:50AM by hugz4u

Welcome Tri, what a precious caring friend you are. It sounds like your friend needs custom fit garments made if your looking for plus sizes. My arms are conical shaped and I can get some off shelf fitting that are ok but not ideal. Custom is the way to go for perfect fit so no tightness or slipping and I get flat knit made because it moves fluid instead of just containing fluid which circular knit does. Flat knit is ugly though.

Off shelf comes in two lengths and a wider top of arm fit. google, brightlifedirect and view their sleeves and gloves. Great return policy, we love their customer service, ask about sleeve choice there to. Decent prices.

Tell us more about your friends LE-lymphedema so we can further help. Do they swell in the trunk, breast to, garments for that to.

I think medi and juzo make a variety of sizes. That said if your friend is bigger because she is swollen then you need a manual lymphatic drainage therapist who is WELL qualified to get the swelling down first before fitting. A massage,OT,PT therapist can do this. Ask how many hours they trained. No weekend course therapists.Vodder method is good and they should be LANA certified. They have to keep their certification up. They will teach and give your friendtools to cope.google stepup-speak out.org to find a therapist in your area. Some girls here made that excellent website for LE.

Hard learning curve but well worth not letting le beast progress which itdoes if not controled proper.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)