We are 204,676 members in 81 forums discussing 148,319 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Lymphedema → Topic: MLD for BMX

Topic: MLD for BMX

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jan 7, 2018 11:36AM

glennie19 wrote:

Hey all,

I had instructions and a handout for doing MLD when I only had the UMX, but now that I'm flat, I know I need to not take the fluid across the chest,, but to send it downwards. My LE therapist has done that on my last couple of visits but I keep forgetting to get a handout/instructions on how to do it.

Anyone have a link that I can get to?? Thanks!!

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/7/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jan 7, 2018 12:58PM Binney4 wrote:

Glennie, here's the U. of Michigan youtube video for bilateral upper extremity. Good one!

Hugs!
Binney

Jan 10, 2018 05:17PM glennie19 wrote:

Thanks, Binney!! Really appreciate it!

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/7/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Jan 10, 2018 08:04PM hugz4u wrote:

I’m sure I asked this before. Do I use the above video if I only had nodes out on one side but dbl masectomy?

My MLD girl doesn’t do what video shows but she clears my neck and collarbone area then non node taken masectomy side first and then affected node side. She does send fluid to inguinals eventually and she does include affected arm at some point and finishes my upper le back.

Jan 10, 2018 08:14PM Binney4 wrote:

Hugz, the point is not to send the fluid across the chest to the other axilla at any point, because of the possibility of overwhelming the compromised nodes there. So many of us have had bilateral surgeries, so both sides are potentially affected, not just the side with the nodes deliberately taken.

LE is sometimes too much to keep in mind, no?!!

Hugs,
Binney

Jan 10, 2018 10:15PM - edited Jan 10, 2018 10:21PM by hugz4u

Binney thx. Well I sure hope my MLD girl realizes that. I'll mention it to her!

Incedently I make my side with nodes the work horse babying my nodeless side. I guess it’s possible to get le there on node side as we have had our girls chopped off and their are always a few nodes missing from our girls. Ugh! Can’t keep up. Crapshoot to

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)