Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

White raised bumps on BC affected arm

Options
nsweeney43
nsweeney43 Member Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in Lymphedema

I have recently noticed that every time I do any type of exercise (most recently shoveling) I develop these raised white hive-like spots on my lymph node affected arm. These spots go diagonally down my arm to the inside of my elbow. I haven’t been affected by lyphedema since my surgery. I did however get cellulitis in this arm and it cleared as soon as I was able to get antibiotics. Any help is appreciated! The first picture is how it looks, the last two pictures I messed with the color settings so the spots were clearer.

Comments

• hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hum that is strange. Looks like welts. Tells me you should see a lymphedema therapist maybe once a month just to watch you and clear your nodes and get education. Having cellulitis makes me want to say be vigilant in the future. Unless you have early stage lymphedema it doesn't go away completely so maybe you have it more than you think. Do keep us posted. We are all learning here. Be well

• lg10
    lg10 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi! I was just looking for posts about this. I had surgery 3 months ago and haven't really worked out since. Yesterday I did a few arm exercises and today I woke up with the exact same "hives" on my inner upper arm. I've massaged them a little and they seem to be disappearing, but I was wondering if you ever got any expert advice on this?

• nsweeney43
    edited May 2018
    Options

I never did, but I can say that now that I’m more active I don’t see the hives anymore. I think I was literally allergic to exercise Winking

• nsweeney43
    edited May 2018
    Options

I still am getting it and I haven’t spoke to my pcp or mo. Please let me know if you figure out what it is!!

• hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited May 2018
    Options

Just thinking here. other than a le therapist adermy or vascular doctor is the “go to" for lymphedema complications. Try that. Make sure they are familiar with lymphedema.

• Stacilyn21
    Stacilyn21 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    Options

Did you ever find out what this is I get it on my arm every once in awhile and forgot to ask doctor about it

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2020
    Options

Stacey - nsweeney hasn't posted since May 2018. Hopefully someone else with chime in with similar issues.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    edited January 2020
    Options

Stacilyn21, welcome to Breastcancer.org! There's a lot of support and information here, we're glad you found us!

MinusTwo is right. Looks like nsweeney43 has taken a break from the boards but if you wish you can try sending her your question via private message. To do this, click on her profile name, and under the information at the top, you'll see the option to send a private message. Sometimes it's easier to connect with another member this way!

Good luck, and please let us know if we can be of any assistance!

The Mods