We are 211,400 members in 82 forums discussing 151,463 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Donning a sleeve in hot humid weather

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2018 07:08PM

withm wrote:

Need some tips on how to get the sleeve on in really hot, sticky, humid conditions with no A/C. This is NOT an easy project. It's like putting on a wet bathing suit when you are wet too. Help!

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jun 29, 2018 08:46PM - edited Jun 29, 2018 08:50PM by LeesaD

Do you have heavy rubber dishwashing gloves with the grippy bits on the end of the fingers? If not maybe you can buy a pair. My lymphedema doctor stocks them and sells them to patients. It's so easy to get the sleeve on using the glove as it grips the fabric of the sleeve and your nails won't pull or rip the sleeve. Hopefully it would work with humidity as well. And funny you should mention the bathing suit analogy as after I got my sleeve and rubber gloves my niece told me she uses rubber dishwashing gloves to get her racing swimsuit on as it grips the suit andshe doesn't rip it as the fabric is so thin and fragile.

Oncotype Score 3, 2/4 Sentinal Nodes micromestasis so pushed for ALND for 'peace of Mind' and surprise found 2/14 positive axillary nodes Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/17/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 5/8/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/1/2017 Hormonal Therapy 9/7/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery 11/16/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 1/29/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)