Join Us

We are 217,544 members in 84 forums discussing 160,622 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Cellulitis

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Nov 8, 2019 03:21PM

Spookiesmom wrote:

I have LE in both arms. I also have edema in my legs from cardiac issues.

On Wednesday a chair jumped out and bit me on my leg. Lots of blood, then oozed clear fluid. Later that night, I started feeling sick. Nauseous. Shivers for an hour. Thought it was the Ibrance.

Yesterday one arm started to hurt, turned an angry shade of red. Uh oh. Was too sick to even call dr, but did today. He called in ab. Love him!!!

My question is, could this nasty cut on leg cause the cellulitis? The skin on that arm isn’t broken anywhere. No bug bites either. And when/how do you know it’s time for ER

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Nov 8, 2019 03:40PM MinusTwo wrote:

So sorry to hear about your wound. I don't know the answer, but it seems to me with leg edema cellulitis might be an issue. Hope the antibiotics work. I probably wouldn't wait much more than 24 hours after starting those before heading to the ER. And darn it - of course it's the weekend. And a holiday weekend at that. Good luck

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)