Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Circaid Reduction Kit

fd1
fd1 Member Posts: 53
edited February 2022 in Lymphedema

I have the Circaid Reduction kit and have been trying to determine how tight to make the velcro straps. Does anybody else have this? If so, to what number do you tighten to? I started at a 1 but didn't see much improvement so went up to a 2. I'm a bit nervous to make it any tighter than that.

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044

fd1 - I don't even know what this is or what it's for.

Could you please to to My Profile and add your diagnosis & treatment to date so everyone can better answer your questions? You'll have to make it public for us to read.

• fd1

It's posted to the Lymphedema forum because it's a lymphedema product. I am hoping to talk to somebody who has it so they will know what it is.

I prefer to keep my info private and it won't help anybody answer this particular question.

• minustwo

fd1 - I asked about your history because,,,, I did google the product but most of the links appear to be for legs. Am I wrong to assume you've had breast cancer and nodes removed that have perhaps effected your arms?

Or in my case the LE is breast & truncal lymphadema so it doesn't look like an option???

• fd1

They make it for arms but not for trunk. It is meant to be used in replacement of the bandaging that occurs in the first phase of treatment.

• minustwo

Interesting. thanks. I hope someone who has used it chimes in.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399

Hi FD1. I don't have experience with the Circaid, but this video might be helpful...

There are some older threads about other brands of velcro wraps, so hopefully someone will see your thread and comment. These look really interesting to me as an easier alternative to wrapping, so I'll be interested in the comments as well. Let us know how it goes.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811

fd1, if you go to the Search function of the left menu and type in "circaid" (without the quotes) as your search term, you'll see every time the word is mentioned in a conversation, and can then check out the thread and may be send those members a private message. Hope this helps you find more answers!

Best,

The Mods

• binney4
    binney4 Member Posts: 1,466

fd1, you'll note that the video above is made for clinicians to fit the sleeve, with the card guide available to help the patient put it on later by herself at home. The initial fitting is done by the therapist, who should also be the one checking the fit at intervals to assure the compression level is right for you. Reducing the swelling of lymphedema is a specialized medical process involving many procedures besides compression, and it takes not only professional supervision but a lot of self-care taught by a therapist familiar with your particular condition--we're all so different! In other words, it's a good idea to take this up with your lymphedema therapist, if you have one. If not, finding someone you trust, who is well-trained and (hopefully) experienced might be a top priority.

On the other hand, we sure are here for you! Please do keep us posted.

Gentle hugs,
    Binney

• fd1

Thanks all! I am currently unable to see a therapist although I know that would have been ideal. I have had CDT many times so I kind of know the drill. The tension that I have been using on the kit is 2 all along the arm except a bit looser on the wrist. It feels similar to the bandaging. I have been using it for two days along with self-MLD and have about a 15% reduction so far which is similar to the results I get the first two days with the therapist. The only issue is the elbow is not draining quite as well, so I was wondering what tensions others might be using, just out of curiosity. Perhaps I'll try uping to a 3 around the elbow.

As a side, I definitely would recommend this product. It's easy to get on and off so you don't have to worry about showering or other activities you might want to do but can't in bandages.