Topic: LYMPHEDEMA TREATMENT ACT

Forum: Lymphedema — Talk with other about how to lower your risk of lymphedema and how to manage it if you've been diagnosed.

Posted on: Nov 13, 2022 04:07PM

Posted on: Nov 13, 2022 04:07PM

mavericksmom wrote:

Breaking News: FULL HOUSE TO VOTE ON THE LYMPHEDEMA TREATMENT ACT THIS WEEK!!!!!

If you have lymphedema and do not get their emails, go to: LyphedemaTreatmentAct.org

It is a very active advocacy group for those with Lymphedema.

They are sending out more information pertaining to this week's vote, but we need all hands on deck, notifying your Representatives in the House to vote YES! I will pass on information as I get it.

PLEASE BE ACTIVE! THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE, IT IS A BILL TO GET CONGRESS TO PASS A LAW TO GET MEDICARE AND EVENTUALLY, MEDICADE AND PRIVATE INSURERS, TO PAY FOR COMPRESSION GARMENTS WHICH IS THE PRIMARY TREATMENT FOR LYMPHEDEMA. My hope is that it will also extend to procedures involving lymph nodes and lymphedema.

Thank you to all!

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (19 results)

Nov 15, 2022 03:08PM - edited Nov 15, 2022 03:09PM by binney4

And lw, I just want to encourage you that those who have been active in getting this legislation passed have by no means become discouraged. They're amazing people, really dedicated to making this happen for all of us, and they're excited to finally be this close to seeing it all come together. Thanks for your help in urging us all to join the fight for garment coverage.

Together we can make a difference!!!
Binney

Nov 20, 2022 06:41PM lw422 wrote:

I hope that everyone will take time this week to contact your SENATOR(S) from your state. The bill has passed the House and needs to be passed in the Senate so that it can be signed into law by the president. I have just called my two Texas senators and left lengthy voice mail messages after sending them emails. Let's get this DONE!

Dx IBC, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Nov 20, 2022 07:07PM harley07 wrote:

My Illinois senators have been contacted. Fingers crossed this is passed.

RAD51D mutation Surgery 11/5/2020 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Dx 11/10/2020, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/20/2020 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 1/8/2021 Hormonal Therapy 2/8/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 21, 2022 10:33AM threetree wrote:

Maverick'smom - I just want to thank you for this post/thread and bringing this issue to everyone's attention. I had heard of efforts to get this done back in 2019, but I had figured they'd gone nowhere. I did go check out the link you posted and signed up for the emails, so I've been watching the progress of this latest effort. No need for me to contact my reps though - they are all "all in". My congressional rep was a co-sponsor of the bill in the house, and I have no doubt that my 2 senators are on board. Thanks again, and fingers crossed.

Nov 21, 2022 10:49AM mavericksmom wrote:

One thing that for me, that felt really great about the vote was that it was definitely bipartisan! Washington officials actually CAN work together. We need to see the same in the Senate on this issue, and more from both house and Senate on important issues that face American citizens, regardless of who is President at the time. I took it as a sign that there is definitely more that unites us than divides us!

So thankful for all officials who voted for this bill! A huge step for those of us who suffer daily with lymphedema!

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 21, 2022 12:39PM lw422 wrote:

I have decided to find out which ones DID NOT vote for the bill, and give them a piece of my mind. What a disgrace.

Dx IBC, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Nov 21, 2022 01:54PM mavericksmom wrote:

There almost always are some who will vote Nay for a bill. I try not to judge them w/o knowing their reasoning and I would rather focus on those who voted for the bill. That said, there were 13 Nay votes and here they are:

Arisona : Biggs

Colorado: Boebert AND Buck

Florida: Gaetz

Georgia: Clyde AND Hice

Montana: Rosendale

North Carolina: Cawthorn

South Caorlina: Norman

Tennessee: Rose

Texas: Roy

Virginia: Cline and Good

Overall, this was a huge success for our fight for lymphedema treatment! Crossing fingers the Senate gets to vote on this before they go on vacation and it passes the Senate!

I have absolutely NO DOUBT that the President will sign it if it passes the Senate.

Worst case, it doesn't make it through the Senate in time and then it goes back to square one! Until then, I want to hold on to that good, true bi-partisan feeling of unity! We all want the same things, we just may differ in how we achieve them. I am still thankful for those who voted NAY because they voted, maybe not the way I wanted or hoped they would, but they voted, and that is what Democracy is all about! This vote was an overwhelming bi-partisan WIN!

Nov 21, 2022 02:03PM dnazyme wrote:

Here are the 17 that did not bother to vote:

Cartwright PA

Cheney WY

Doyle, M. PA

Ferguson GA

Grijalva AZ

Herrera-Beutler WA

Huizenga MI

Jackson TX

Jeffries NY

Kinzinger iL

Mullin OK

Pence IN

Scalise LA

Shrader OR

Simpson ID

Welch VT

Yarmuth KY

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2022485

Dx 3/2022 Stage 1A EPC, but cells are high grade TNBC 4/2022 dose dense TAC 9/2022 Bilateral NSMx + oophrectomy 10/2022 Lynparza

Nov 21, 2022 07:32PM mavericksmom wrote:

Now our focus must be on the Senate. S.1315

If you go to LymphedemaTreatmentAct.com

They have a script and method for making the calls to your two Senators! Plus, you could win free garments!

Personally I don’t want the garments because I don’t wear them due to the fact that I c afford them because Medicare won’t pay anything towards them. For me to move forward with therapy etc, I need to know I can afford the garments. So I am calling my Senators but won’t go through the website.

Page 2 of 2 (19 results)

Scroll to top button