Topic: Stage III

Forum: Stage III Breast Cancer — You are not alone. Meet others who have Stage III breast cancer.

Posted on: Nov 13, 2007 12:33AM - edited Nov 13, 2007 12:33AM by 010407

Posted on: Nov 13, 2007 12:33AM - edited Nov 13, 2007 12:33AM by 010407

010407 wrote:

Anyone there?

Page 3 of 4 (31 results)

Oct 30, 2009 10:45PM lexislove wrote:

Elaine,

The is a whole Her2 forum on these boards...just scroll down the forums list to find. We are similar to diagnosis, only Im ER+ and my tumor was larger, 8cm. Both my onc and surgeon are optimistic about my future.

Your onc would be the one to listen to regarding your breast cancer. And yes...Her2 disease is most likely to recur in the first 2-3 years....after 3 years recurrence rates drop quite considerably.

Dx:2007, 2B, Triple+, June 2008:Lupron,Zometa,Tamox.Jan 2010:Poor metabolizer of Tamox switch to Femara.Feb 2010: cyp2d6 test reliable? Back to Tamox. Ooph soon.

Oct 31, 2009 07:15AM KerryMac wrote:

Elaine - don't listen to your Surgeon, they are notoriously "Doom and Gloom." If your Onc is encouraging, I would go with that.

Come here or to the HER2 forum for support - there are lots of great survivor stories!

Kerry - Dx Oct 2008, Stage IIIa IDC, ER/PR+ Mx, Chemo, Rads, Ooph, Arimidex, Zometa, Tamoxifen

Oct 31, 2009 10:00AM Brenda_R wrote:

Elaine, the Her2 forum is here-

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/80

Dx 12/12/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 12/29/2006 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 1/28/2007 AC Radiation Therapy 5/1/2007 Breast Targeted Therapy 7/10/2007 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Oct 31, 2009 02:02PM Elaine_1234 wrote:

Hi,

Why are you on these other drugs? I completed treatment and the oncs say there is no further treatment plan for me. I am suppose to be cancer free at this point?!!! What do you think about the new trial drug Neratinib? I feel a responsibility to go thru this, but I am so very tired of all of this. I think that I am coming to the conclusion that once you have cancer that it is so inertwined with all of your life that you can never pretend that it did not happen. You can never go back to the way life was. Cancer is always going to be a big part of your life. We all have pivitol points in our lives, things that change us forever. Cancer is one of ours.

Peace,

Elaine

Nov 3, 2009 03:00PM - edited Nov 3, 2009 03:02PM by fame4545

Hi Elaine,

You're not alone. I was diagnosed with an invisive ductal C stage 111c breast cancer in April 1,2009. I had 2 surgeries lumpectomy and masectomy. I just finished my 6 treatments of chemo and still have 8 more months to go for the Herciptin. I had 18 lymph nodes removed and 1 node under my arm was positive. I have met a lot of breast cancer patient but none what I have. I was so scared for my life. My Onc. didn't mention Neratinib drugs. I will ask, in my next visit. I was told that with out this Herciptin drugs with my prognosis, I have 3 months to live. I give a lot of credits to the researcher for their hard work. Laughing

Good luck Elaine

Nov 3, 2009 08:44PM - edited Nov 3, 2009 08:44PM by Elaine_1234

This Post was deleted by Elaine_1234.

Nov 3, 2009 08:48PM Elaine_1234 wrote:

Hi Fame,

So glad to hear form you. I have reconstruction surgery on Thurs and not enough time to get all the things done I need too. We have lots to discuss. You will hear from me soon.Please keep the courage.

Peace, Elaine

Nov 4, 2009 10:17AM - edited Nov 4, 2009 10:18AM by fame4545

Hi Elaine,

Good Luck to you on Thursday. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jan 22, 2011 05:35PM sharder1123 wrote:

Hi, I saw your post and I am wondering how you are doing? Your post is from a couple of years back and I have just been diagnosed with the same stage and am finishing up my treatment. I must admit I am feeling a little lost. Ever since the diagnosis my cancer team and I have been in emergency mode. Now that I have completed having my ovaries and tubes removed (no cancer found) chemotherapy followed by a double mastectomy (cancer only in rt breast but family history involving both breasts elected to remove both) and now radiation I am sort of wondering what to expect now. Do I just sit and wait for a reoccurance, can I feel confident that it won't come back? I feel I have done everything I can do at this point to rid myself of this disease but feel like as soon as I relax it will come back. What are your thoughts? I will be having reconstruction surgery as well and feel a little worried about that! Are you still out there?

Dx 4/20/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIC, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 23, 2011 04:09AM ChristyS wrote:

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have had two mammograms in my life. Just about 9 months after my last mammo I began to feel pain in my right breast. I asked for an ultra sound. I am with an HMO and they have given me false reports in the past on an injury I had so I'm a bit concerned on whether or not I can trust their reports. That said, I had a friend who's survived breast cancer sit in on the ultrasound and she said that there was a kidney bean shaped cyst/lump/etc and two normal looking round ones. I requested a copy of the actual ultra sound.

On the ultra sound cd image itself, there are measurments of all 3 cysts. The kidney bean shaped cyst measurment  is numbered 1L  & 2L  On the 1L measurement it says 8.05cm and on the 2L it says 3.32cm. The two yellow lines cross each other.

On the other two cysts the measurements are: RT OV LNG/TRV A) 1. 2.88cm   2.1.80cm  and B) 3. 2.82 cm. On A they cross and on B it's just a straight yellow line.

Now here's where it gets weird. On my ultrasound report it reads the following:

Right breast appears to show a cyst at 12 o clock measuring 0.99 x 0.64 x 0.70 cm, and two cysts are noted at 6 o clock measuring 0.49 x 0.7 and 0.55 x 0.46 cm.

Can someone please tell me why the report doesn't match what's on the actual ultrasound? Am I missing something here?

I'm really worried. My Dr. said despite the fact that I have pain, and my report reveals nothing more than cysts, he is going out of his way to send me to a surgeon for  a biopsy because I'm the ONE special patient he has.  Which by the way hasn't happened yet b/c the one he sent me to isn't accepting anymore patients. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 (31 results)

Scroll to top button