We are 204,677 members in 81 forums discussing 148,321 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage III Breast Cancer → Topic: My best friend

Topic: My best friend

Forum: Stage III Breast Cancer — You are not alone. Meet others who have Stage III breast cancer.

Posted on: Jan 12, 2018 11:07AM

Bulldoggirl wrote:

Hi everyone.. this post is about my best friend so I hope it’s ok to post. She has recently been diagnosed with IDC, left side. She is 51. Onc is saying stage 3 grade one. Pathology report says DCIS is also present in tumor. Lymph node that they performed core biopsy on reads malignant cells surrounding it. Estrogen +, progesterone +, HER2 +1.. Nottingham scale 5. Yesterday MRI found mass in right breast that will now be need biopsy. Plan is 8 weeks of “red devil” I believe, then 12 weeks of another chemo, then surgery followed by radiation. Forgive me as I don’t know all the abbreviations. I’m terrified !!! Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jan 13, 2018 12:57AM Newnorm wrote:

Hi, yes many here have been in similar situations. Your friend is lucky to have you. Stay strong for her. Together you can get through all the treatment. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Just hang on tight. All the best to you both. Xxx

Dx 12/23/2016, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/6/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2017 Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 7/28/2017 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)