We are 219,529 members in 81 forums discussing 155,343 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What to eat after treatment?

Forum: Stage III Breast Cancer — You are not alone. Meet others who have Stage III breast cancer.

Posted on: Feb 18, 2019 09:26PM

Besun wrote:

what do we eat to be healthier

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Feb 18, 2019 10:52PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Besun! Here's a forum you might find very helpful! https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/86

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Mar 6, 2019 01:35PM - edited Mar 6, 2019 01:35PM by JANETMARA

Basically soft nutritious foods, I ate porridge with shredded chicken,soups,bone broth,shakes from fruits and veggies. Keep yourself really hydrated before and after treatments to keep your kidneys healthy and help kidneys excrete the toxins from your body.Adequate hydration is 8-10 glasses of water/fluids per day except coffee,coffee dehydrates you that's why it is not included.If you can,drink alkaline water,I make my water alkaline by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to my water,the more alkaline your body the healthier it is. Try to stop sugar because sugar feeds cancer,helps to grow and thrive cancer cells.

JUAMARA

Dx 5/22/2016, IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 5/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 11/28/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 7/2018, DCIS/IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, 5/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 6, 2019 03:00PM muska wrote:

I believe Besun is asking about healthy eating after all treatments are done, not about what to eat while on chemotherapy :-)

My MO recommends Mediterranean diet but generally speaking, I don't think there are any specific limitations. As always, moderation is key.

Juamara, with all due respect but statements like "the more alkaline your body the healthier it is" and "sugar feeds cancer" look somewhat unfounded to me - unless of course you have some serious studies you can point us to that would explain what alkaline body is and how sugar feeds breast cancer.

All the best.

Dx at 54 Dx 5/9/2013, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 6/12/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 6/13/2013, LCIS, Both breasts Chemotherapy 7/24/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/19/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 3/11/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/22/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes, Bone

Mar 8, 2019 12:09PM JoE777 wrote:

it's a myth that sugar causes cancer or feeds it according to MD ANDERSON and Mayo Clinic.

Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Mar 8, 2019 12:24PM - edited Mar 8, 2019 12:25PM by IAmElaine

I have been following a low carb/keto diet for many, many years. My onc wants my blood glucose at low levels and my BMI in the 20 range. Body fat produces circulating estrogen which does feed er+ breast cancer so I do keep my weight down. Also, moderate exercise 4-5 times a week helps lower circulating estrogens.

Diagnosed March 1, 2004 with stage 3C ILC, 7cm tumor with 11+ nodes

Mar 8, 2019 12:49PM MelissaDallas wrote:

"Alkaline" diet and "keeping your body alkaline as possible" are also a myth. You can't affect this and there is no scientific evidence to support it anyway. No matter what you eat and drink, your body maintains a very tight Ph balance through digestion and metabolism. If it didn't, you would die.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Mar 14, 2019 01:23PM IAmElaine wrote:

Here are a couple of articles on how important diet and fighting cancer are.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/03/10/ketogenic-diet.aspx

and

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/03/10/ketogenic-diet.aspx

Diagnosed March 1, 2004 with stage 3C ILC, 7cm tumor with 11+ nodes

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)