Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any long term survivors with more than 10 positive lymph nodes

francesca30
francesca30 Member Posts: 63
edited June 2022 in Stage III Breast Cancer

I was diagnosed last February at Stage 3, with 13 positive lymph nodes and lymphovascular invasion, er pr+, her 2-, ki 40. Had a mastectomy, just finished TAC chemo, and will be on to rads in 2 weeks, breast recon+ hysterectomy scheduled in February 2020. Time has made me less anxious and depressed over my diagnosis but the fear of recurrence still comes in waves. Are there long term survivors out there with similar diagnosis?

Comments

• mpv459
    mpv459 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2019

Read posts on Stage 3 Breast Cancer.. There are long term survivors stories there. You and I have similar stats. I also get anxious over reoccurance but have faith that we will be okay.

• sugarplum
    sugarplum Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2019

Francesca, I hear ya - my stats speak for themselves! Sounds like they've got you on the same treatment path that I had, minus the hysterectomy (they only took my ovaries). I've been fighting a constant battle with my fear for the past 13 years - the waves/intensity do lessen as time goes by, but you never really get past it (at least I haven't). Other physical ailments have also distracted me for periods of time - 2 hip replacements and now heart disease (probably brought on by the chemo). At this point I'm still functioning pretty well, and remain grateful for all the extra time that chemo bought me. I refer to it as gravy!

Stay connected to this community - it has helped me immensely over the years and still continues to!

Best - Julie

• mpv459
    mpv459 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2019

Juiie… You provide so much hope... thank you for sharing.

• francesca30
    edited July 2019

@mpv459 thank you. Most times, I seem to be ok. Then I realize the seriousness of my diagnosis and all the uncertainty. I'm so thankful for this group/ thread

@julie congratulations on 13 years! Thank you for inspiring and sharing positive vibes to newbies like me

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited July 2019

I was diagnosedwith Stage IIIC BC in 2005 , lymph & vascular invasion, 12 out of 14. Pos nodes ( my sentinel and axillary nodes were extraencapsulated into surrounding Tissue, her 2 positive, ducts lobesand nipple involvement AND no clear surgical margins after last surgery. I am totally well, living large with much gratitude.

Check out the stage III thread. There are quite s few of us long timer gals there

• iamelaine
    iamelaine Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2019

I am over 15 years out and had 11+ nodes with extracapsular extension. I also had TAC chemo and rads and have been on an anti-hormonal for 14 years. Because of the type of breast cancer I had, I chose to have a bilateral mastectomy. Still have my ovaries and other girlie parts.

• francesca30
    edited July 2019

@lkc @IamElaine thank you ladies so so much

• yatcomw
    yatcomw Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2019

Mine was very similar to yours.....except at least 17 nodes positive and some other bad stuff.......but this past May I hit 15 years. It's all doable.... a lot of many nodes positive success stories here. Hang in there.....it gets better with time. Really.

Jacqueline

• francesca30
    edited August 2019

thank you Jacqueline! What an inspiration. Looking forward to 15 years too and beyond

• TectonicShift
    TectonicShift Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2020

-

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited August 2019

I am hormone positive. started out with 13 positive nodes in 2011. advanced in 2013 to stage 4

• iamelaine
    iamelaine Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2019

I am 15 years out and was er+ with 11 positive nodes, most with extracapusular extension. I had a bit of skin involvement as well.

EDIT: Oops. I had already posted to this thread. Oh well. It's a good way to bump it!

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited September 2019

7 1/2 yrs out. Recurrence at just under 3. 10/14 extra extensive. NED on arimidex after hysterectomy. Plan plan planning Disney vacatioms and anyplace warmer than Ohio. Never did get off sleep meds and attivan 2-3 x a week. Stay busy and exercise. Remember Ferris Bueller..." Life moves pretty fast...if your not careful, you could miss it". Boy don't we know that! Make the most of every day. So many people walk around like zombies and never grasp that concept.

• francesca30
    edited September 2019

thank you so much 7of9, IamElaine, Fredntan, and textonicshift for the constant reminder that there is hope. Thank you for the positive motivation and reminding me to keep busy instead of constantly thinking about this horrible disease

• goutlaw
    goutlaw Member Posts: 268
    edited October 2019

Are you on any hormonal Therapy?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,163
    edited October 2019

11nodes removed the first time, 7 removed 7 years later on the other side. Went yesterday with a friend while she looked for a new dog. Do I think about it every day? No. I’m too busy having fun. Currently on ibrance/letrozole and NED. It does get better with time. oh, she did find a new fur baby.

• francesca30
    edited October 2019

@spookiesmom so glad you’re doing well. Thanks for replying and giving me hope

• pupfoster1
    pupfoster1 Member Posts: 176
    edited October 2019

Hey Darlin,

Just saw your PM today. 13 out of 15 positive nodes with extracapular extension. UGHHHH. Long road, but being diagnosed September of 2009 I AM STILL HERE. Hang in there Francesca. PM me if I can help. I'll try to check my inbox more often.

Sharon

• beatthis
    beatthis Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019

Francesca30 - Im so glad you have asked this question as i like you have been diagnosed with multiple nodes! My diagnosis is 2cm idc with vascular invasion and 10 out of 30 positive nodes her2 negative er8, pr8, ive had a left mastectomy, chemo docetaxel and cant recall the other one, with radiotherapy and now letrozole and bisphosphonates infusions and on the add aspirin trial! i am just coming up to 2 years following diagnosis in Nov 17! It has given me great comfort reading other ladies out there surviving well with a similar diagnosis as you say it is so scary for us newbies and these ladies help to focus on living life instead of constantly worring about a recurrence! If there are any more ladies out there with a similar diagnosis i would love to hear from you, it really does give a lift and hope to us, thanks Debbie

• francesca30
    edited November 2019

@goutlaw yes, currently on tamoxifen. will be having total hysterectomy soon and will shift to femar

• francesca30
    edited November 2019

thank you so much @pupfoster and @beatthis ! i just had my pet/ct scan yesterday , all clear! thank god!!

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited November 2019

Just shy of 4 yrs from recurrence 10 out of 14 nodes. 2cm extra capsular whatever... mild lymphedema showed up this year and more new aches and pains which always scare the sh out of me..but excercise and vacations from desk job helps. Scary shit...but keep going forward ladies. Such happiness awaits!

• ssinuk
    ssinuk Member Posts: 63
    edited November 2019

Good to see you keepin’ on trucking 7of9. We both crawled through the terror of recurrence and here we both are - today at least. I’ll take it x

• beth1965
    beth1965 Member Posts: 203
    edited August 2021

I had 17 positive nodes 2012

Still here ❤️🥰

• bong
    bong Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2022

My aunt had er pos her2 negative, node involvement extensive.She was diagnosed at 70 and is now 85. Still recurrence free. She had the chemo, radiation and mastectomy.