Topic: Stage III and Verzenio

Forum: Stage III Breast Cancer — You are not alone. Meet others who have Stage III breast cancer.

Posted on: Jan 23, 2021 06:35PM

Posted on: Jan 23, 2021 06:35PM

GraceBer wrote:

I may need to venture into the mets forum for SE coping strategies, but I’m wondering if there’s anyone else who’s been put on Verzenio (vs Ibrance or Kisquali) to prevent recurrence? My MSK oncs and Yale onc (I switched to Yale this past summer) all agreed that I should be put on a CDK 4/6 inhibitor. We waited until this fall (regional recurrence that made me stage III - DXed July 2019), due to finishing treatments and me pushing it off further due to Covid, to start. And though I was originally going to be put on Ibrance I was put on Verzenio due to its positive data coming out of the trial.

Oof! Verzenio has been rough. The Covid silver-lining is that being at home all the time is convenient for my now daily attacks of diarrhea, but I’ve got to get it under control because I want to have a better quality of life (especially in the Covid After Times).

Immodium is pretty effective at stopping the diarrhea after one or two episodes, but it hasn’t been effective used as a preventative. So, I’ve turned to probiotics a week ago. I’m taking a daily capsule of Align and trying to eat some yogurt every day. So far, I’m seeing no improvement with the probiotics.

I’m trying to up my water intake and have supplemented it with the Liquid IV powder (basically, healthier Gatorade - electrolytes with more vitamins and less sugar). That’s helping me with dehydration and keeping labs looking pretty good.

i’m taking 150mg - the recommended dose. If I can’t find a better way to manage the GI side effects, I think we’ll need to reduce my dose.

Ugh! This sucks 😕

Dx 11/26/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 7/17/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 8/20/2019 Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Targeted Therapy Verzenio Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 10 of 10 (95 results)

Jun 2, 2022 10:39AM - edited Jun 2, 2022 10:56AM by scaredme

This Post was deleted by scaredme.
Dx 8/11/2020, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 8/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/1/2020 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Surgery 10/30/2020 Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 12/4/2020 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/8/2021 Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2021 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 12/1/2021 Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant

Sep 10, 2022 06:03PM notascalmasilook wrote:

after over a year on Verzenio, they are lowering my dose. I'm on pause while they work out prior authorization and I am not missing it!

Dx 7/2020, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/12 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 12, 2022 02:20PM kotchaj wrote:

Just checking in here. I'm still on my 150 mg 2X a day dose. I just had tumor marker testing done for the second time since I started Verzenio and my numbers are going down!! Woohoo! I go to see my onc again tomorrow and before my bloodwork came back, I was ready to ask for a dose reduction. THIS has given me the ooompf to continue on at the 150 mg. I know that they aren't completely accurate (tumor marker tests) and not every doctor even does the tumor markers, but to see it actually making those marker numbers go down was the best thing and I really needed a positive right now. I have a very high chance of reoccurrence due to the amount of positive lymph nodes alone.

Chemotherapy 6/7/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/15/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 8/31/2021 Other Radiation Therapy 2/9/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Left breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC: Mucinous/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 20/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical

Sep 21, 2022 04:07PM - edited Sep 27, 2022 09:33PM by bong

kotchaj - congratulations!

I'm a month into 150 mg Verzenio. Started diarrhea on day 5 which was quashed with Imodium. But on day 8, diarrhea led to me fainting and I went into er. It turns out I had a fainting episode which I've never had. After a 5 day pause, I went back on 150 mg Verzenio. This time I changed my diet from primarily protein and raw fruits/ veggies to more carbs/ pasta etc. so far, the diarrhea completely disappeared without the need the

Sep 22, 2022 01:16PM kotchaj wrote:

Hi bong,

Wow! Diet did a wonders for you. I can only imagine how scary that fainting episode must have been for you. I can't eat salads and raw veggies. I do okay on fruits as long as it's not apple. I am taking Lomotil with my Verzenio and that seems to work quite well for me now. My Onc's PA made me pinky swear I would try it for a month. I hate taking anymore meds than I already am so even meds that help make me shake my head no. Not smart of me and I'm stubborn.

Chemotherapy 6/7/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2021 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/15/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 8/31/2021 Other Radiation Therapy 2/9/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Left breast, Lymph nodes Dx IDC: Mucinous/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 20/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical

Page 10 of 10 (95 results)

Scroll to top button