Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

cervical softening, possible polyp

kotchaj
kotchaj Member Posts: 208
edited March 2023 in Stage III Breast Cancer

Hi all,

I'm a stage 3C BC through treatment, NED at the present time. I just had my CT scans done and the one for my abdomen came back with the following comments from my abdomen CT

Slight soft tissue fullness in region of the cervix, which is
indeterminate. Correlate with recent gynecology examination. If none
available, then gynecology follow up suggested. No adnexal mass lesion or free
fluid.

So. With all of the attention that has been on my BC for the last two years, I've not had an annual since prior to that. I've since moved and am now trying to get into a gynecologist so we can see what we are dealing with now. I'm scared. My husband's first wife passed away from cervical cancer, so for his sake, I'm praying that this is not what we are now dealing with, but, the anxiety and worry are there.

Anyone else had something like this happen after a BC diagnosis? I hope that this worry is for nothing.

Thanks,

Amanda

Comments

• kotchaj

maggie15

Thank you! I have an appointment this coming Friday, thank goodness! It's just frustrating to wait. That is one thing that this horrible disease teaches us, is waiting. I hate waiting now, more than ever.

Amanda

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 813

Hi Amanda, Waiting never gets easier. At least you have an appointment now. I hope you get good news

• kotchaj

Maggie15

I just wanted to say that I had my appointment and a follow up for an US. They found nothing, yay!

Now I can focus on some future instead of worrying to much about today.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments.

Amanda

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 813

Hi Amanda, Great news! Thanks for letting us know.