Join Us

We are 217,522 members in 84 forums discussing 160,607 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Cervical polyp after dcis?

Forum: DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for DCIS.

Posted on: Mar 1, 2013 08:27AM

Merlcat wrote:

Anyone every had a cervical polyp? I just finished reconstruction and had the all clear in the opposite breast that was reduced..went for my yearly OB/gyn and my doc informed me there was a polyp. Granted that the vast majority are benign but as with most omen here, I've developed a healthy disrespect for statistics...I'm freaked out! Omg I thought that my ordeal was over ....omg when he did the Pap smear, I bled quite a bit...does that mean, like it did with my stereotactic biopsy, that its a problem?!

Dx 10/8/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/29/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/23/2013 Reconstruction (right)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Mar 1, 2013 08:42AM april485 wrote:

I had this in the opposite way. I had cervical cancer in-situ in 1978 and now I have DCIS. Female organs suck. I think that once we use them, the just seem to betray us left and right...don't mean to be negative but that is how I am feeling. I hope that yours is benign. I did not have a polyp, just a bad pap smear and they found the tiny cancer in biopsy. When they did a second more thorough biopsy, nothing was there at all. Cervical cancer is HIGHLY curable in the early stages but I am betting all you have is a benign polyp.

Hugs and try not to worry too much!

"Fear has been a huge dictator in my life - so I am trying to stage a coup!" ~ a friend Dx 1/30/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/20/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/10/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 1, 2013 04:46PM OldOakTree wrote:

Merlcat - I've had so many cervical polyps I've lost count.  My first was probably around 30 years of age and my last in my early 50's (the last was after my dcis diagnosis, the others all before).  I had one very crude gyno say to me "you have some many polyps I could have a field day in there." 

These are almost always benign.  One of mine had some dysplasia and I had to have a colposcopy after that but all was okay.  I hate anything that goes wrong with the body, I don't know why we have to always have these problems.  I don't know causes polyps, wish I did and I wish I knew why I had so many.  Will your doctor be removing yours?  I think all of mine were removed in the office, a very simple, painless procedure.

Diagnosed in 2003 with small area of DCIS, treated with lumpectomy only.

Mar 1, 2013 04:56PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I had them & never knew until the pathology report on my hysterectomy came back. Didn't know I had fibroids either.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Mar 1, 2013 05:51PM Ariom wrote:

Hey April, High Five to you, I had the same in '78 and then DCIS now. What's that about?

Dx Mondors Disease (cording) after Umx and "Dog Ear" removed 14 months post UMx .................. The Dx shuffles you like a deck of cards and then deals you a new hand! Dx 11/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes Surgery 12/18/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right

Mar 2, 2013 10:40AM april485 wrote:

Ariom, I have NO idea, but because I have had two in-situ cancer diagnosis and my dad's mom died of ovarian cancer and 1 of his sister and two of his brothers died of cancer and my cousin died of cancer they are testing me for the BRCA gene..one more test to wait out for results..ugh!

My Mom *might* have been given DES during the time she was pregnant with me cause she had some early term bleeding and the doctor gave her a shot and "some pills" she said...but she did not remember what they were, just that she had them. I asked her if they were pre-natal vitamins and she said that she had those "too" so I am thinking she may have been given DES which can cause cervical cancer and even has been linked to BC!

Merlcat, I know you are going to be ok. Polyps are rarely cancer. It is when you have displasia that things can turn ugly. My colposcopy got all of the early in-situ cancer. When I had the wide conization (cone biopsy) they didn't find ANY cells. It was gone with the colposcopy snip. Have not had a bad pap in the 35 years since!

Hugs!

I am not going to try and find out why I got this stuff anymore. Aside from the BRCA test which I did for my children, not for me, I don't want to delve that deep anymore. I have this cancer and that is all she wrote. Just want to make sure it doesn't come back!

Now I just need that damn path report from my lumpectomy!

"Fear has been a huge dictator in my life - so I am trying to stage a coup!" ~ a friend Dx 1/30/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/20/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/10/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 12, 2013 04:21PM Merlcat wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses and kind words- woohoo celebration just received the news today that not only were polyps benign but my pap was normal...phew...
It was my first 'test' after dcis diagnoses so maybe that's why I was so scared :-0

Dx 10/8/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/29/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/23/2013 Reconstruction (right)

May 30, 2017 03:47PM LagerthaLothbrok wrote:

Happy to hear you're all clear! I just had the exact same situation, and despite my doctor's reassurances, it's still so scary to have to deal with this so soon after cancer!

I just had my polyp removed today, the Pap came back clear so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dx 12/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)