Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Hydrolyzed Collagen

Options
ahappymom
ahappymom Member Posts: 2

I'm a DCIS survivor, and I'm wondering if it's okay to take hydrolyzed collagen. I have read conflicting articles.

Comments

• rrobin0200
    rrobin0200 Member Posts: 80
    Options

interesting you asked this, because I was wondering as well. I tried googling it, but it was nothing but medical jargon that I didn't understand. I'm staying away from it until I have an answer.

• ahappymom
    ahappymom Member Posts: 2
    Options

I was using Vital Proteins which is Type 1 and 3. Hydrolyzed. I have stopped also until I can get an answer.

• KARW41
    KARW41 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hello, is this the same thing that I've been adding to my smoothies in powder form, I wonder? Does anyone know what is up with this? Thank you.

Added: I found this information, but I don't know what it means in relation to collagen supplements/powder, if that is what you are speaking to. I apologize if it is not relevant, but I'm really glad you asked this question, since I had been putting collagen in my smoothies.

This is a supplement website so not sure if this relates at all. I take vitamin C but I'll stop the collagen based on your question above until someone can explain what this all might pertain to. Thanks again.

https://unikeyhealth.com/blogs/health-keys/what-s-new-in-cancer-news-is-cancer-is-a-collagen-disease

CANCER-PROOF YOUR COLLAGEN

There are more than 14 types of collagen in your body, and all are composed of several key nutrients that are only available through diet – your body can't manufacture them. The three main building blocks you need to manufacture all the different types of collagen are vitamin C, and the amino acids proline and lysine. Deficiency in any of these 3 key nutrients leads to a collagen deficiency and opens the door for everything from heart disease to cancer and so much more.

Once I gained a clear understanding through Pauling and Rath's work that collagen was key to overcoming the cancer I was fighting, I added their vitamin C formula to my arsenal of anti-cancer tools and I saw immediate results. Decades later I had a toxic mold exposure and experienced low exercise tolerance and fatigue, and I worried it was heart disease. Testing showed 0% plaque in my arteries, which is also consistent with Pauling and Rath's research that showed cardiovascular disease is essentially arterial scurvy – a deficiency in vitamin C that weakens the collagen in the blood vessels.

If you're like me, you've no doubt heard the hype around bone broth powders and collagen powders. My experience and research shows it's more effective to supplement with the nutrients your body uses to make the types of collagen it needs the most at that time, and to eliminate habits that deplete vitamin C and weaken the collagen matrix.

Eliminate Sugar and Choose Low Glycemic Carbs. Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) are formed when sugars in the blood attach to proteins, then target collagen, making it dry, brittle, and weak. A high sugar diet speeds up this process even more. The best defense is to choose a diet low in carbs, with only a minimal amount of fruit, which limits sugar intake and halts the formation of AGEs.

Quit Smoking. Even the chemicals present in secondhand smoke damage collagen proteins from your skin to your lungs, and cause you to age prematurely while increasing your cancer risk.

Boost Collagen with Vitamin C, Lysine, Proline, and Supporting Nutrients. The original formula from Linus Pauling and Dr. Rath includes high dose vitamin C in combination with l-lysine, l-proline, EGCG (a green tea antioxidant extract), and quercetin (works synergistically with EGCG). Vitamin C makes your cells like an impenetrable fortress and strengthens the collagen matrix so no intruders – like free radicals and cancer cells – can get through and cause damage. Lysine not only builds collagen, but also blocks the enzymes that tumors secrete and prevent collagen from being broken down.

Supplement with L-Arginine. Also used to build collagen, this amino acid is essential for protein synthesis, skin damage repair, and wound healing. In addition to collagen and elastin production, L-Arginine is commonly included in nutritional supplements for increasing nitric oxide production to promote healthy cardiovascular function.

Add TMG (trimethylglycine) if You Are Vegan. This heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, potent detoxifier is also a rich source of glycine, another building block of collagen. Meats, eggs, and seafood are rich sources of glycine, which is why I recommend vegans use a supplement. TMG is best known for its energy-boosting effects, but also promotes healthy brain balance and good digestion, and is commonly recommended for those with an MTHFR genetic defect.

Take Niacin (Vitamin B3). Not only does niacin promote healthy collagen production, it also decreases protein glycation, which is the process that forms AGEs from a high sugar diet. Taking niacin doesn't mean you can keep eating sugar and avoid its negative effects though. In addition, niacin protects the skin and promotes cardiovascular health. I recommend inositol hexanicotinate, an immediate release form that is gentle on the liver and doesn't cause skin flushing.

• flashlight
    flashlight Member Posts: 311
    Options

KARW41, Thank you for the information! I continue to put a scoop of the multi-5 types of collagen with vit C in my smoothie. The medical jargon is hard to understand and I may be wrong, but It sounds like if you are premenopausal estrogen helps to supply your body/skin with much needed collagen. After menopause when estrogen dips, your ovaries shrink, your body no longer can make enough collagen. That results in wrinkles, stiff joints, bone pain, etc. I feel it is helping me and will continue with one scoop a day.

• Sherry2019
    Sherry2019 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi

Just wondering if you do take? I check so many mix reviews ..I was regular collagen consumption about 12 years till I found I have a breast cancer after my first baby was born so was thinking if any related/linked with my Breast cancer diganosis because I used to take collagen regularly..hm..but I always love to drink collagen back then because I can see my skin looks better but now I didn't take any more ,and under medication that stop my estrogen so I can see my skin aged so fast , I feel sad :( ..may be after my treatment ends if I have the firm answer that I have a confident to take again collagen, and I need to ask my oncologist about this in the future.