We are 228,648 members in 84 forums discussing 159,785 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Redsox

Forum: DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for DCIS.

Posted on: May 22, 2020 08:23PM

dsj wrote:

Redsox, who was once a very strong voice on the DCIS board has died. It was neither covid nor breast cancer but head injuries sustained during a fall. She was a fount of wisdom and support for me and many others. She was in public health and very knowledgable about the medical details of breast cancer. I know she helped me enormously and I believe many others. It is a sad reminder that life can be unfair in multiple ways.

Dx 1/20/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 22, 2020 08:51PM Beesie wrote:

What terrible, shocking news.

Redsox was a gem, and so knowledgeable; I've missed her around here.

Damn, yes, life can be unfair in so many ways.

dsj, thank you for coming back to let us know.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

May 26, 2020 11:45AM LAstar wrote:

I'm so sad to hear this. Redsox was so much help to me during my decision-making, and I always appreciated her well-informed input. Her words here will continue to help people, and she is a blessing to us all.

Dx 3/5/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- Surgery 4/5/2012 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 5/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 6/18/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): SGAP flap/hip flap; Reconstruction (right): SGAP flap/hip flap Surgery 10/4/2012 Reconstruction (left): SGAP flap/hip flap; Reconstruction (right): SGAP flap/hip flap Surgery 1/25/2015 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)