Topic: Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Apr 5, 2007 10:04PM

Posted on: Apr 5, 2007 10:04PM

cinrae123 wrote:

Anyone out there on taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin? I am starting this program in May, I will be doing it every week instead of every third week,,,,,,,,and would like to know what sort of side effects anyone has had. Example,,,,,hair loss, nausea, vomiting, etc. I chose the every week routine as I was encouraged by a woman in the drs. office that is halfway thru and has not had any hair loss. I was thinking that because each cycle is spread out every week instead of a big dose once,,,,,that maybe that has something to do with it. I am having a difficult time with the thought of losing my hair. Silly I know,,,,everyone says it grows back,,,,but its just a personal thing for me. So anyone out here that did TCH every week? I would truly like to hear from you.
Thank you,,,,,,,,,,,
Cindy Dx 1/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 2 of 1,882 (18,817 results)

Apr 18, 2007 04:58PM cinrae123 wrote:

o ooooooooooo That was supposed to say,,,,,,,,,or Could I be so lucky,,,,,,not or oould I be so lucky. Slight typo there.........dingy meeeeeeeeeeee
Cindy

Apr 19, 2007 06:46AM katymom wrote:

I was so glad to read your post! I am starting taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin today unless my white counts are still elevated from an infection, but hopefully they are not. I am glad to find this group as I haven't found many people taking this regimen. Please continue to share your experiences. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for being there. Having a place to talk to buddies in similar situations is so great!

Apr 19, 2007 06:51AM katymom wrote:

I am starting this regimen today....every 3 weeks. I haven't been able to start because my white cells have been elevated, but hopefully they will be ok today. Thanks everyone for sharing all the information about your treatments. It helps so much to hear from people undergoing the same treatment. Good luck everyone.

Apr 19, 2007 04:57PM lwy wrote:

i'm surprised there are not more of us. my oncologist said that she believes that this regimen is as effective as AC/TH and has less cardiac side effects. In fact, she said she views them as pepsi or Coke and told me to choose the one I felt best with. Her point was with my cancer, what she thinks makes the biggest difference will be the hormone therapy and the herceptin and she would hate to see my MUGA decrease due to the AC and not be able to get the herceptin. I know that at UCLA, this is the main regimen they are using now. If I"m not mistaken, herceptin was found at UCLA and the guy who discovered it is the one who did the big study to show that TCH was about the same in effectiveness as AC/T and had less side effects. Let's be happy that we are receiving the most up to date treatment.
Just out of curiosity, how did everyone decide on getting TCH instead of AC/TH? did you get the option or did your oncologist just tell you that this is what you were going to get?
Leslie

Apr 19, 2007 06:42PM onlygirl4 wrote:

My oncologist didn't really give me the option. He said that he doesn't use the AC anymore. I suppose if I had insisted he may have let me but I don't need heart problems on top of this.

Beth

Apr 19, 2007 08:07PM cinrae123 wrote:

I wasnt give an option either. My oncologist had come highly recommended by several people,,,,,,so i felt no need for another opinion. I trust her and trust that she is recommending the best option for me.
Cindy

Apr 19, 2007 08:23PM katymom wrote:

My oncologist and I sat down and went over a slide show on the study and he recommended the taxotere regimen because of the favorable outcomes on the heart.

Apr 20, 2007 06:59AM lucy59 wrote:

My onc said that he met with a group of docs from Australia working on Herceptin and they felt that TCH was the safest way to go as far as effects on the heart. So there was no choice for me. Glad of that. Two more to go. Then just Herceptin. Still confused whether or not to switch to every 3 weeks or stay with weekly since I have no problems at all with weekly Herceptin. Any input?? THanks.
Lucy

Apr 20, 2007 08:51AM lwy wrote:

Hi Lucy,
As far as switching to every 3 weeks verses weekly herceptin, I think most of the recent studies done on herceptin involved every 3 weeks. Don't know if that is better or worse, but all of the data comes from every 3 weeks. hope that helps.
Leslie

Apr 20, 2007 02:47PM janet11 wrote:

Lucy, I had no problems with weekly Herceptin and I have no problems now with every-3-weeks Herceptin. And it's great NOT having to go in every single week. It really helps in getting your life back -- spending less time in treatment.

All the best,
Janet
Janet Dx 7/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 9/7/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/7/2006 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/7/2006 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 2 of 1,882 (18,817 results)

Scroll to top button