Topic: Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Apr 5, 2007 10:04PM

Posted on: Apr 5, 2007 10:04PM

cinrae123 wrote:

Anyone out there on taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin? I am starting this program in May, I will be doing it every week instead of every third week,,,,,,,,and would like to know what sort of side effects anyone has had. Example,,,,,hair loss, nausea, vomiting, etc. I chose the every week routine as I was encouraged by a woman in the drs. office that is halfway thru and has not had any hair loss. I was thinking that because each cycle is spread out every week instead of a big dose once,,,,,that maybe that has something to do with it. I am having a difficult time with the thought of losing my hair. Silly I know,,,,everyone says it grows back,,,,but its just a personal thing for me. So anyone out here that did TCH every week? I would truly like to hear from you.
Thank you,,,,,,,,,,,
Cindy Dx 1/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 4 of 1,882 (18,817 results)

Apr 25, 2007 09:07PM cinrae123 wrote:

Chelee,,,,,,,,I too am in Orange County. Santa Ana,,,,,,I'm about 1/2 mile from south coast plaza. Who is your Dr? I went to Dr. Carpenter in Orange and am doing my chemo in Irvine-Dr. Merry Tetef.
Cindy

Apr 25, 2007 11:41PM Chelee wrote:

Cindy, Your really close to me. I am about 20 minutes from you if I was to hit the freeway. Sounds like your going to where I WANT to go. I was hoping to get to go to St. Josephs in Orange. I've heard nothing but great things about them and their doctors. Plus it is close enough that I would not have to live on the road to see my doctors when it comes to follow up appts, scans, etc. I am very unhappy where I am at now. At present due to on-going problems I can't put my doctors name on this board or I would. It could cause me problems. Sounds like you landed in great hands. :-) Irvine is good too. Lucky you. Something has to change for me soon one way or another. I have tried everything...its been far too stressful.

I'm glad you have some GREAT doctors. I wouldn't wish what I have been through on anyone. No one deserves it. But with Gods help I keep pushing forward. I'm still here.

Chelee
Dx 12-05, Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++, Er & Pr pos, 5 of 16 pos nodes. Dx 12/20/2005, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 5/16 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 26, 2007 12:38AM cinrae123 wrote:

Chelee? Are you finished with everything then? Or do u have to do radiation? My hubby works at West Med Center in Santa Ana (he is a registered nurse),,,,,,,so Dr. Carpenter came highly recommended by the head of the operating room there. I am extremely pleased with her,,,,and then she recommended Dr. Tetef to me,,,,,,and I really like her as well. Has your hair grown back? I'm still hung up on that issue,,,,,,,just a thing I have about that. And of course weight gain,,,,,,sheesh. lol Funny how things like that effect us women huh? We are so close to one another huh? Small world indeed. Hope things are going ok with you. Take care,,,,,,,,,,Cindy

Apr 28, 2007 10:44AM katymom wrote:

Anyone experience problems with the decadron...I've tried to do chemo for the last 3 weeks but when I take the decadron my breast gets red and the white counts double so I've been on antibiotics for 3 weeks and will try again this coming week...I'm not sure if my body is reacting to the decadron. I'll be on taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin every 3 weeks.

stage1, grade 2, her+, er+

Apr 29, 2007 12:39PM shirleyb wrote:

I just completed my 4th treatment of Taxotere/Cytoxan. I have not been given Herceptin. I guess because I am Estrogen/Pro negative?? I refused AC because of the possible effects on the heart and I am 66. I learned about Taxotere and AC from this web site. I am sure glad I read everything on this web site before I started my chemo. It was really a help. My Doctor was not too happy about my decision, but he agreed to change to Taxotere. From what I hear, you don't get as sick with Taxotere. However, I was given too strong of a dose my first treatment and they about did me in. they had to back off on the meds after that. I have to make the decision now if I want 4 or 6 treatments. I had one positive node with a small 1.1 tumor. I am having trouble deciding.

Apr 30, 2007 02:48PM talbrig13 wrote:

Hi, girls..
Well I did it...shaved my head yesterday. It was just too depressing losing hair daily in the shower and watching it grow thinner and thinner. And Grayer. I haven't colored it since my diagnosis in December, so you can imagine. I wore my wig to work today and received sooo many complements, even from customers who have no idea what is going on. So never fear...hair is not the end of the world!
Terry :) Dx 12/8/2006, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Surgery 12/28/2006 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 2/8/2007 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/8/2007 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 7/12/2007 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2007 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 30, 2007 03:38PM lwy wrote:

Terry,how far into your treatments before your hair started to fall out? just curious so that I'm prepared for the event.
Leslie

Apr 30, 2007 04:15PM Chelee wrote:

Leslie, I did TCH and it was about the 17th or 18th day when my hair fell out. It started SLOWLY coming out before then...but I would just notice a few extra hairs on my pillow case and things like that. Nothing big. Then all of a sudden just when I THOUGHT I was going to get away with NOT losing hair...it would come out in small little clumps. Then as mentioned...the 17th or 18th day it all came out. But it grows back....one day this will be ALL BEHIND you and just a bad memory. Hang in there.

Chelee
Dx 12-05, Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++, Er & Pr pos, 5 of 16 pos nodes. Dx 12/20/2005, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 5/16 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 30, 2007 07:07PM cinrae123 wrote:

Chelee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If my hair starts coming out in clumps,,,,,,,off it goes,,,,,lol How long did it take for your hair to grow back and was it different than your old hair?
Thanx, Cindy

Apr 30, 2007 08:29PM Chelee wrote:

Cindy, Yes, eventually it was small clumps that would fall out. That did it for me! So its almost better to just cut it ahead of time & be done with it.

As far as it growing back in...I finished my LAST cycle of chemo last June 06. Then it SLOWLY started coming back. But now its 9 months later since the last chemo and the back of my hair actually just NOW covers some of my neck. (Not alot down to my collar line yet.) The sides of my hair covers my ears now and i have hair that hangs over in my face that comes down to my eyes. So its just now what I consider long enough to go have something done with it.

My hair came back DIFFERENT then it was. I USE to have long blonde, FINE thin hair. (You couldn't of gotten it to curl if your life depended on it.) So I was SHOCKED when it grew in more on the thicker side and curly. LOL I've never had curls. Its full of waves. So I have had some fun with it...such an extreme change for me. As to color...it was blonde and now its ALMOST the same color except its not a true blonde like before. Not quite a dish water blonde...but just darker like its mixed with a tinge of brown. I am hoping in time and with the summer sun it will go back to its natural color. I am just so thrilled to have hair I don't care what it looks like. lol The waves really are kind of fun to play with. I've heard of women having their hair come back super BLACK or grey...so I am quite pleased with what I got. No complaints here. lol

Chelee

Page 4 of 1,882 (18,817 results)

Scroll to top button