Topic: Weekly Taxol group

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 02:23PM

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 02:23PM

Sissydi wrote:

Hey there! I didn't see a separate group for weekly Taxol treatment; thought I'd start one just so we can compare notes with each other......I always learn so much from everyone! Just finished treatment #3 this week, and so far my side effects have been loss of taste and fatigue, especially day 3-5. This has been easier on me then A/C treatment so far.
What are your experiences?

Dx 12/23/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1,276 (12,753 results)

Jun 7, 2012 02:47PM hopeful123 wrote:

Thanks for starting this group Sissydi. I start in a couple of weeks. Would love to hear more from others. Just finished AC last week. I have two small kids and like to be prepared for the next round of chemo.
BTW- is your hair growing? Can't wait to see some fuzz myself.

Dx 1/2012, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Jun 7, 2012 02:49PM Sissydi wrote:

Hopeful, I am looking, looking, looking! I swear I feel more fuzz, but nothing I can "see" yet!

Jun 8, 2012 01:17PM Sissydi wrote:

Bump

Jun 8, 2012 02:27PM LockeKopp wrote:

Due to a allergic reaction to the dense dose of Taxol yesterday, I will get the weekly ones. I am getting the pre meds now....and then more Taxol :( I hope it goes better then yesterday.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans Dx 3/12/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/13/2012 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Surgery 9/20/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/26/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/25/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jun 8, 2012 02:41PM jpmomof3 wrote:

I have finished 9 of 12 weekly taxol treatments so far.  I started seeing some fuzz around 6 weeks into the taxol and while it is growing slowly I have just a bit of a shadow of my dark brown hair coming back.  Yay!  the taxol has been much easier for me to deal with than the dose dense AC.  Tired but not bad.  Working full time (almost).  No neuropathy so far. 

Dx 1/26/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/13/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/23/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 8/8/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/11/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 8, 2012 07:01PM Sissydi wrote:

No neuropathy for me yet either; I just finished treatment 3 last Monday...hopefully that will hold out for me. I did find some peach fuzz today though! Whoo hoo!

Jun 8, 2012 09:22PM - edited Jun 8, 2012 09:39PM by ladyfighter

Hi sissydi! Glad you open this thread because other ones is too big too many people I get lost!

I finished #3 of 12 weekly taxol/herceptin Last Thursday. Today I feel achy light flu-like but I managed to get out and about. So far....

#1 was easy no SE but during infusion they inject me Benadryl I begged them no because I hated it never liked taking Benadryl even before cancer. But nurse insisted i must have it with taxol. I was ok that day but felt little dizzy.

Then #2 , again she injected Benadryl for some reason I felt sooooo sick, my head spinned, I got so scared right in big chair calling my nurse told her I did Not feel right at all (not sure if it was panic attack), nurse stopped the taxol thought it was from taxol,I said no! It's from Benadryl. Then all of sudden I felt I need to vomit! She gave me the zipper bag (lol) threw up in bag for ten minutes !!!!! This one other girl in other chair was texting on her phone I laughed in my head that she probably put in her Facebook that she is listening to my gagging and vomiting !!! Lol then I felt ok afterward and told nurse to put taxol back on I wanted to finish it!!! Not giving it up! And I was fine throughout.
So I called my MO and told him I ain't using Benadryl ever again!!! And I would take clartin-D on the day of infusion. MO said ok!!!! :) anyways during my #2, I did get so tired, bone pains, hands and feet numb and tingling (only 2 days). I felt normal on day 6 a day before next treatment.

So last Thursday #3, took clartin-D in morning and went to MO for bloodwork and my WBC is good! (no neupogen during taxol thank god !) and then went to hosp for infusion, I was little nervous about if clartins-d works, had taxol and herceptin with no problems!!!!yay!!!!! I was so relieved!!!!

I didn't have Benadryl during my 4 DD of AC (every 2 weeks),also had neupogen 7 days in a row a day after of each AC. But not during taxol Im relieved because for 7 days every after AC have to drive to hosp ! What a pain!

I say 12 weekly taxol/herceptin is much easier than AC for sure!!! No more nausea ! I can eat normal finally!

Edited: I forgot to mention that I skipped one weekly taxol cause I got sick a day before treatment from food poison from Chinese food!!! Lol

Hope everyone is good!!! Xoxoxo
-Jeanne

Dx 11/16/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 3/22/2012 AC Targeted Therapy 5/17/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/17/2012 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/30/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 9/25/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 8, 2012 09:57PM Sissydi wrote:

So glad to hear its been easier for you Jeanne! Yup, the Benadryl is no fun for me either; I don't get nauseas or anything, just really dizzy and tired and spaced out. My biggest complaint is with the Decadron I get......keeps me awake all night the next night, and then I have a steroid crash day 3, where all I want to do is sleep! But, compared to A/C, I'll take it!

Jun 8, 2012 09:58PM Sissydi wrote:

Lockekopp, how did you do?

Jun 9, 2012 07:32AM LockeKopp wrote:

I had another reaction and will be off the Taxol.....Not sure what I will get next, the Nurse said it will probably be Taxotere. I see my Onc. Next week and find out more.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans Dx 3/12/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/13/2012 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Surgery 9/20/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/26/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/25/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Page 1 of 1,276 (12,753 results)

Scroll to top button