Topic: Weekly Taxol group

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 02:23PM

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 02:23PM

Sissydi wrote:

Hey there! I didn't see a separate group for weekly Taxol treatment; thought I'd start one just so we can compare notes with each other......I always learn so much from everyone! Just finished treatment #3 this week, and so far my side effects have been loss of taste and fatigue, especially day 3-5. This has been easier on me then A/C treatment so far.
What are your experiences?

Dx 12/23/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1275 of 1,275 (12,744 results)

May 2, 2022 03:09PM alleycat5 wrote:

Hi all! Took a bit of a break from reading/posting on here, but I do appreciate your replies so much. 1982m that thread is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!

I just got home from my first chemo treatment. Got Herceptin for 90 minutes and then Taxol for 1 hour. I'm having it weekly for the next 12 weeks. Then the Taxol ends and I continue on Herceptin every three weeks for the next year.

First treatment was piece of cake!!! No side effects at all from either drug. I didn't even know when the meds were going in, no difference between that and just the regular saline IV drip. I did get a port. I hadn't planned to, but a couple of my RN friends who work in oncology said I should definitely get one. So glad I did. The surgery to get the port was last week was a bit rough after and I had more pain with it than with either of the lumpectomies or node biopsy, but I think it was my body finally deciding that three surgeries in a month was enough. Accessing the port was easy. The only thing I noticed today was when the Benadryl went in, I got sleepy for a few minutes, but that went away. I tolerated the steroids well too.

My RN friends said just like with pain meds don't chase the nausea with meds. They said go ahead and take thyyem as soon as the doctor allows and keep taking them for a couple of days before trying to come off to see how I do. So I'm going to try that and hopefully it won't be too bad.

I did use the ice gloves and socks during Taxol. No one at my cancer center seemed to think it does anything or but they didn't discourage it anyway. I'm going to do them and cross my really cold fingers it keeps neuropathy away.

I had the dip powder removed from my nails and gel polish taken off my toenails and I had both repainted with regular polish. That way if they get sore, no big deal to take it off. If they're sore, I can't imagine how that grinding drill they use for gel and dip powder would work for me at all.

I did find a really great wig that looks just like me and my regular hair. At this point I'm probably ready for it to go ahead and fall out since that's what it's likely going to do. Again the waiting on it and wondering how it's going to go is stressful.

Heading out in a bit for a walk around the neighborhood. Decided I will try (weather permitting) to do that every day as well as getting out and watering my flowers. Just want a goal that no matter how I'm feeling, to do something that takes my mind off of it and makes me feel better.

Surgery 3/22/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 4/1/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 5/2/2022 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/2/2022 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Dx IDC/DCIS, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Dx DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Radiation Therapy 8/1/2022 Whole breast: Left breast Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2022 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 25, 2022 08:12PM blinx wrote:

Finished my 12th Taxol treatment last week -- I called them Tuesdays with Taxol. Followed it up with an MRI and the 3 tumors are gone! Feels a bit weird, but I remember that my oncologist said that the chemo would wipe out the cancer. I guess I was skeptical. It also feels weird to work a full week. First time in a long time with no appointments. Now onto surgery, radiation, along with additional chemo every 3 weeks. I'll let you know if I regain any energy -- I'm SO looking forward to that.

Dx July 2007 DCIS Grade 3 (at age 46); Lumpectomy Sept 2007. ER+/PR-; Finished 33 rad tx Jan 2008. 3.5 years of Tamoxifen then quit.. Chemotherapy 3/1/2022 Other Dx DCIS, Right, <1, Stage 0, ER+ Dx IDC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+, ISH

May 25, 2022 08:21PM alleycat5 wrote:

Blinx - So happy for you that the tumors are gone! That truly is amazing! Sending support and hopes all goes well moving into surgery and radiation.

Surgery 3/22/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 4/1/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 5/2/2022 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/2/2022 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Dx IDC/DCIS, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Dx DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Radiation Therapy 8/1/2022 Whole breast: Left breast Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2022 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 3, 2022 07:21AM maggiehopley wrote:

I just had my 2nd of 12 weekly taxol, plus herceptin (although I am actually on kanjinti, which is a biosimilar) and perjeta. So far my side effects have been very mild but I know that might change. I am icing my hands and feet but not my head. My WBC is still good, so I feel safe to take my daughter to her final dance competition this weekend. She is graduating high school soon and I was worried that she would have to miss out on everything. Her graduation trip to Disney World has already been cancelled :(

Chemotherapy 5/25/2022 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/25/2022 Kanjinti Targeted Therapy 5/25/2022 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Dx IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Dx IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR-, HER2+, IHC

Page 1275 of 1,275 (12,744 results)

Scroll to top button