Topic: Weekly Taxol group

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 11:23AM

Posted on: Jun 7, 2012 11:23AM

Sissydi wrote:

Hey there! I didn't see a separate group for weekly Taxol treatment; thought I'd start one just so we can compare notes with each other......I always learn so much from everyone! Just finished treatment #3 this week, and so far my side effects have been loss of taste and fatigue, especially day 3-5. This has been easier on me then A/C treatment so far.
What are your experiences?

Dx 12/23/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 4 of 1,275 (12,744 results)

Jun 15, 2012 11:32AM jpmomof3 wrote:

whoops, cut and pasted from another thread and then forgot to finish my thoughts. It is an absolutley gorgeous day here and i made myself go for a walk.  Glad I did.  It might be my imagination but the tingling in my feet seems a little better after some exercise.  

I wish everyone a low side effects day! 

Dx 1/26/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/12/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/22/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 8/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/10/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 15, 2012 01:24PM Sissydi wrote:

Jpmomof3, I totally get this......I also get dark and moody days 3and4; I'm just so darned glad to not be doing A/C. I keep waiting for the neuropathy to hit....glad you mentioned it hit a little after tx10, as I will still stay diligent. Taxol # 5 for me Monday!

Jun 15, 2012 01:51PM ladyfighter wrote:

(i copied and paste from other thread thought it was this one! My mistake! )

last thurs taxol/herceptin #4 ok so far, little achy to this day.

However, last week it felt as if i had vertigo. when i start to wake up, i turn my head to left on my pillow i had a room spinning dizzy! but when i turn back to right it stopped.. scary!!! but when i am standing, it was ok, just dull dizzy. and it was more on last tuesday & wed. so on thursday saw oncologist for blood work on WBC before infusion. I told him. he said it is either vertigo (by nature) or nerve (by chemo SE). He checked my ears, no infections in sight. So he precribed me something for vertigo, i havent picked it up yet. This morning, i turn on my pillow to left to see if vertigo still there, it was fine for like 10 minutes then it came back. Other than this, I feel fine. no pains, little achy, no numbs/tingling on feet/hands (whew!, so far)..Soooo who knows!!! 

FYI, I had vertigo like 10 years ago for one day. 

I hope everyone is having good and none SE!

One question. When I had lumpectomy in Jan, I was NED with all the tests mri, scan, bone scan, etc (in Argentina). So I am wondering do I need to do radiation?? I thought radiation is to kill the remaining cancer? no? I was gonna ask my MO last Thurs, but forgot, so will see him again in 3 weeks and will ask him that. What do you think? My BS/PS (same dr) in argentina removed tumor and surrounding I had clear margin, and no nodes. I think I wanted to get out of doing radiation! but do you think it is wise to do radiation?? I have HER2+

Thanks xoxox

Dx 11/16/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/2/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 3/21/2012 AC Targeted Therapy 5/16/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/16/2012 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/29/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 9/24/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 15, 2012 01:55PM ladyfighter wrote:

Oh and, during A/C I had to take neupogen everyday 7 days in a row every after A/C But with taxol/herceptin, my MO said no neupogen! I was like eeek! scared but so far first 4 of 12 treatments of taxol/herceptin (without neupogen) my WPB is fine! whew! but sure glad to get out of doing neupogen because i had to drive to hosptial everyday 7 days in row to get injection that! what a PAIN! and again, neupogen didnt give me any pains at all even without clartins

Speaking of clartins, I took clartins-D on the morning of treatment on taxol instead of benadryl two times in a row with no problems, no reactions. I am so happy because i dont like benadryl at all.
Hugs to you all

Dx 11/16/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/2/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 3/21/2012 AC Targeted Therapy 5/16/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/16/2012 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/29/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 9/24/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 15, 2012 02:19PM jpmomof3 wrote:

Ladyfighter, that is almost certain just plain old vertigo since it is triggered so clearly with head movements.  that will likely go away on its own soon!  Glad that your white counts are holding steady on the herceptin/taxol, keep it up! While oncologist knows you best, the radiation kills any small cells of cancer that may have escaped detection just like the chemo.  Your doctors should be able to give you statistics based on your type of BC to tell you what the benefit is to your recurrence and survival rates.  You are in good shape based on your info there but they are likely recommending it for good reason. but It is always a good idea to ask them directly though, they can reassure you that you are making the right decision.  ask ask ask!  there is never too much information...

Sissydi, yeah, i have to count myself lucky that i have had no neuropathy symptoms at all before the 10th  dose and that they are mild.  There are many who have more trouble.  I will get through it as will you all!

Dx 1/26/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/12/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/22/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 8/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 9/10/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 16, 2012 08:27AM hopeful123 wrote:

I know how you feel jpmomof3. This is time for you to take care of yourself. You are nearly there, just two more weeks.

I feel bad about not being able to spend time with the kids too. What's frustrating for me is that I have Tx through summer. My last taxol will be in first week of Sept. so can't do much with the kids. But I keep telling myself this will be done and I hope to be back to being myself soon.

Dx 1/2012, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Jun 16, 2012 08:15PM jpmomof3 wrote:

Well I am happy to report that most of my tingling has gone in my feet. There is just the mild feeling that my sensation is not quite normal. Maybe the beer and pizza helped. My energy levels improve as I get further from my last treatment. I have a feeling I am going to feel really great a few weeks after the last taxol is done. I don't relly remember what normal feels like, but I will bet it feels great. I am 8 days from taking my last dose.

Hopreful, it is temporary. I wear out sooner than I like but I had a good day with the kids today. There will be plenty of good days this summer even on taxol.

Jun 16, 2012 08:23PM HoustonChemo wrote:

Starting Taxol with Herceptin on Monday.  Will be weekly for 12 weeks and then 12 weeks (4 infusions, three weeks apart) of FEC with continued weekly herceptin.  Anyone else on this schedule?? 

Jun 17, 2012 08:52AM FLDREAMER wrote:

Hi Everyone:   Thought i'd give you an idea of my experience with Taxol.  I just finished weekly dose # 11 (out of 12) on Thursday. Although easier than A/C, I developed SE's after dose # 6 that have continued to this day:  overwhelming exhaustion and weakness, bad taste in mouth,  nothing tastes good, and mild neuropathy in hands and feet.  These SE's have not lessened any at all but I expect they wlll after I am finished totally.   So, if you do have problems, know that you are not alone.   Also, although I had a LMX, i will have radiation due to lymph node involvement.  My understanding from my surgeon was if you have a choice and choose lumpectomy, you ALWAYS have to have radiation.  That was from my MO.  Others might be different.  Best wishes to you all.  (I thought I'd never make it thru these 12 weeks but the end is in sight!  yay!)

Karen ACX4 (bi-weekly), then TX12 (weekly), RADS Dx 11/23/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 3/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 2/11/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/9/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 17, 2012 10:24AM Sissydi wrote:

That's encouraging Dreamer! I go for #5 tomorrow, and it feels like its never going to end. I've definitely noticed more fatigue than last treatment......I should be feeling pretty good today, but feel like I could go back to bed.

Page 4 of 1,275 (12,744 results)

Scroll to top button