We are 224,828 members in 82 forums discussing 157,962 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need your Tips for Taking Oral Chemo Meds as Prescribed !

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After —

Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jul 30, 2019 01:30PM

Moderators wrote:

Remembering to take your medications can be difficult. Are there any strategies that helped your remember to take your pills as prescribed?

Beyond simply forgetting, there can be other more complex reasons for missing medications, such as out-of-pocket costs, problems with side effects, not wanting a daily reminder of having cancer, doubting whether the medication is even working, not wanting to take yet another pill, etc. Did you face any of these issues, and if so, how did you overcome them?

Thank you for sharing!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 13, 2019 06:40AM Ciaci wrote:

My Ibrance and Letrozole are treated like any other pills - in my case, atorvastatin, for cholesterol. I refuse to be a "cancer patient", so I don't do anything different for the chemo or hormonal drugs. My daughter taught me to set the alarm on my cell phone, and I take all my pills at 8 AM; so it's labeled simply "Pills". It's set to go off every day, so no need to even think about it. When I went to Europe a few months ago, I set my phone to keep Eastern Standard Time, so I didn't have to adjust for time zones - I always took them 24 hours apart.

Dx 4/18/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/23/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 7/12/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/31/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 13, 2019 07:37AM godisone wrote:

why to think that it reminds of cancer? when we happily remember to eat food 3 times a day, what is the big deal with the medicines. pop them before you go off to sleep, everyday. how difficult is that?i believe you want to be cure then whats stopping you? pop a pill and sleep, dont you worry more about the consequences when you do not take your medicine on time? i am sorry if i was harsh. your health is important to you, take your medicines in time and you will be glad that you took right decision for your health.

good luck and god bless

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)