We are 227,534 members in 83 forums discussing 159,323 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Starting chemo February 2020

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After —

Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jan 17, 2020 09:16PM

ScatteredEnergy wrote:

I searched and didn’t find a thread so I guess I am the 1st one lol.

I am starting chemo on 2/6. DDAC every two weeks, 4 times w/ Neulasta. Then Taxol weekly for 12 weeks.

Who else is starting?

Mom of three, two boys 19 and 13, and the princess, 6 years old. Dx 12/9/2019, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy 2/6/2020 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 16 of 16 (464 results)

Posts 451 - 464 (464 total)

Mar 25, 2020 10:08PM ajminn3 wrote:

Made it through round 3 of TCHP yesterday. Half way done! (Well, of the first 6 anyways). No visitors were allowed and I was screened at the door for covid symptoms. I was kind of nervous to go in, but I want to get my treatment done on schedule and they do not have plans to postpone anything from my understanding in talking with my MO.

Hope everyone is doing well through these strange times of cancer and covid. I’m over 2020

Dx 12/2019, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2 Dx 1/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Mar 25, 2020 11:30PM Maddy83f wrote:

I had to go back to get the Neulesta shot the day after my first infusion. I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all. By my second infusion my doctor had gotten the patch approved. I would think that getting the patch approved would be easier now given the exposure risk. My breast center has actually rescheduled all of my other appointments to coincide with my infusion dates so that I don't have to make additional trips.

Mar 26, 2020 12:33AM dysonsphere wrote:

That's great, I had to go back in to get all 4. I don't know if someone dropped the ball or if it was my insurance but I'm done with the AC thank goodness!

Age 50 at Dx, 11/20 abnormal Mammo, 12/2 Ultra sound, 12/3 Biopsy 1/9/2020 Node biopsy, malignant 1/13/2020 Genetic Test negative 2/6 Started 16 cycles of chemo Dx 12/10/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/6/2020 AC + T (Taxol)

Mar 26, 2020 06:08AM morrigan_2575 wrote:

Congrats Dysonsphere! I got 3/6 last week. Felt like a milestone (halfway home!).

I went for my 1 week followup bloodwork yesterday and they have gone on lockdown (sort of). All non essential staff was sent home, only medical staff is working in the office. They have a tent outside the door. If you have a treatment appointment or Face to face with a Dr/NP you are allowed in for blood. If you're just there for a blood draw, port flush, or injection (vitamin B) you go to the tent.

If you're admitted inside you are met by another nurse who gives you antibacterial gel, takes your temp asks a bunch of questions and then directs you wear to sit (spacing people out).

My blood counts were low again but, they matched my low from treatment 2 and, those bounced back to good levels within a week, so they're not worried but, I have to go for a blood draw next week to check. Next week I'll be in the tent and, then do a teleconference with my NP or DR from the car.

Dx 1/20/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 2/4/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/4/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/4/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 26, 2020 12:46PM dysonsphere wrote:

Has anyone started the Taxol regimine? I am done with AC and will have a ultrasound next week, then start my 12 weekly Taxol on April 2nd. Everyone at the cancer center tells me I should do better with Taxol than AC but I'm still worried!

Age 50 at Dx, 11/20 abnormal Mammo, 12/2 Ultra sound, 12/3 Biopsy 1/9/2020 Node biopsy, malignant 1/13/2020 Genetic Test negative 2/6 Started 16 cycles of chemo Dx 12/10/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/6/2020 AC + T (Taxol)

Mar 26, 2020 06:35PM Cricketdog wrote:

Hello everyone! Looks like most are continuing with their treatments. I had my third round today. The Benadryl is kicking my butt. I cold cap so I needed to stay awake until 4:30 and then ran to the pharmacy to get some prescriptions filled. I feel like I could nap on a bed of nails right now 😊

I’ve gained 5 pounds since the last treatment and the doctor said I’m getting edema. So, I’m picking up a prescription for Lasix. I thought I’d been eating too much but now think it’s fluid retention. I am just worried about getting dehydrated. Anyone taking a diuretic while doing chemo? Would love to hear about experiences.

Dx 10/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/12/2020 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 2/13/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Mar 26, 2020 10:42PM TexasMama wrote:

ajminn3 and morrigan- Congratulations on finishing half of your treatment. I’m halfway done too!

The fatigue has been bad this time around. I can’t do much before I have to sit down.

Dx 10/11/2019, IDC, Both breasts, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/11/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 2/16/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)

Mar 26, 2020 11:29PM ysw63 wrote:

Have you tried rinsing your mouth with the baking soda/salt mouth rinse used to prevent sores? I found that if I swished and gargled with it before I ate a meal I could taste the food a little more

Dx 1/6/2020, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/30/2020 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 3/3/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 27, 2020 01:36PM Fab4mom wrote:

I made it through round 3 or TCHP on Wednesday and then a trip back on Thursday for my generic neulasta shot. They did screen my temp and ask questions at the door, but that was about it. So many fewer patients in the cancer clinic, only essential treatments are there now. My oncologist has taken a 3 month leave, so I'm going to have to transfer to a new oncologist. No explanation besides "family leave". I think this time is going to be harder, I'm feeling bouts of fatigue hit harder. I'm concerned about my treatments, my hospital is in an area that's getting to be a local "hotspot" for Covid. They are on my treatments with no change, but i'll be interested to see if surgery in June will get pushed back. I guess it depends on how this all goes. Both the covid and my response to chemo. My tumor is much smaller, I could feel it when this all started, and now I can barely find where I think it is, so that's very encouraging.

Being home with the 4 kids and my husband has it plus and minus. They keep me entertained and I enjoy our very much slowed down pace of life. But sometimes, it's hard to feel bad and keep a happy face for the kids. Congrats to all the other who just got through #3 as well. I agree, 2020 stinks!!

Mar 27, 2020 05:36PM morrigan_2575 wrote:

@Fab4Mom - I'm in the same boat. Treatment #3 hit me harder, I don't know if it's just cumulative treatment or because the H/P portion was delivered quicker (30 vs 60 min).

I had watched a video diary of a woman on YouTube who did TCHP she said #3 and #5 hit her the hardest. I'm going to see if that holds true for me.

I'm hoping that by the time #6 hits I'll be so excited to have it over with that I'll be able to deal with anything knowing it's over with.

I am also worried about my surgery in June. I've heard various things. I know my cousin's C-Sec is still scheduled for May but, that's kind of a no brainer, baby has to come out. They did put new rules in, only patient allowed in the hospital so her SO can't be there for the delivery.

I'm also thinking I'm on my own post surgery. I live alone and was going to have my mom stay with me post surgery but, given the risks (she's 83). I'd rather go it alone if I can manage.

Dx 1/20/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 2/4/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/4/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/4/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 31, 2020 07:36PM TexasMama wrote:

I got my 3rd round yesterday. I’m already feeling like poop. My daughter hurt her eye and I really don’t want her to go to the urgent care where she can pick up an illness. These are not fun times!

Dx 10/11/2019, IDC, Both breasts, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/11/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 2/16/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)

Apr 3, 2020 02:27AM dysonsphere wrote:

i received results of my progress Ultrasound after 4 rounds of AC. One of the tumors in my breast can no longer be seen and of the 4 lymph nodes, only 2 are visible and they have shrunk! It definitely makes the last 2 months worth it. I had the 1st of the 12 weekly Taxol today as well. So far it seems okay. I guess I will know more when the steroids wear off.

Any updates from you guys? Hope everyone is staying safe.

Apr 3, 2020 06:00AM morrigan_2575 wrote:

Congrats dysonsphere!

I won't know anything until after my last Chemo, that's when they plan to do another MRI. 😔

19 hours ago ajminn3 wrote:

TexasMama- round 3 took me longer to bounce back from! I hope you’re feeling better now that you’re a few days further out. One day closer to the finish line!

Dysonsphere- yay! That’s such wonderful news. Seeing and hearing that response to chemo is so great! Hopefully the taxol regimen won’t be too hard on you and will continue to take shrink/eradicate all that cancer crap!

I’m finally getting my taste buds and energy back after round 3. Took longer to bounce back this time but that could also be because I’m extending more energy having all my kids cooped up at home with me, doing “distance learning” with my kindergartener, and managing the distance learning of my classroom/students. I just wish I knew the timeline of this COVID crap, but don’t we all want to know!? Oh well, hoping you’re all doing well

Dx 12/2019, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2 Dx 1/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 16 of 16 (464 results)