Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

March 2020 Chemo

Jks_Indy
Jks_Indy Member Posts: 29

I am starting chemo March 12, 2020 and am seeking to connect with any others starting in March. I will be having 4-6 treatments of TC; had a BMX on January 22, 2020. I had a port installed on March 6. Had partial mastectomy and radiation for 30 days in 2002 for earlier round with breast cancer.

Would love to connect with others who are at a similar point in treatment.

Julie

Comments

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328

Hi Jks_Indy - I will be doing chemo either starting at the end of the March or early April. I had a BMX with tissue expander placement on January 27th but had to have the expander removed on the cancer breast three days ago. Therefore, I can't start chemo until I'm healed from Wednesday's surgery. I'll be doing TC.

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185

Hey Julie!!!

Smile
    I will be starting Taxol on March 19th. I also had an earlier round of breast cancer, back in 2015. I did a lumpectomy then with radiation, followed by Tamoxifen. No chemo. This time, I'm doing chemo, (and Herceptin for the Her2+), and am a nervous wreck. Well, let me correct myself....some days I am fine and ready to just get this started, so I can be done....but other days, I am a complete mess.
    I plan on working through chemo, so I am hopeful that the side effects won't be too intense. My medical oncologist told me that since I am only getting Taxol and Taxol is a milder chemo, compared to others, she is optimistic that I will respond well. I really hope that she is right! We shall see.
    I'm pretty emotional about the thought of losing my hair though. I have always had long hair, ever since I was a little girl and to be honest, have often used my hair to hide behind. Being bald will give me nothing to hide behind and I feel incredibly vulnerable just THINKING about it.
    But, I did purchase a wig that I am super excited about! It is the same color and of my hair now, so I am hoping that wearing it will help me feel like me during treatments and after.
    The weekend after my first treatment, the girl who cuts my hair is closing the salon, so it's just her and I. She will shave my head and then trim up my wigs so they will look decent on me. I can't bear with watching my hair fall out, so I am taking matters into my own hands before that happens. Cancer has stolen more than enough from me, I refuse to let it steal anything more!

Anyway, it's great to "meet" you and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and others starting chemo this month.

Hug

• cutiekate
    cutiekate Member Posts: 6

I will start TAC regimen at Cedars-Sinai this month. Count me in.

• Cassandra6430
    Cassandra6430 Member Posts: 22

I am starting chemo this coming Tuesday March 10th. I will be getting TCHP. My port is being placed tomorrow. I have not had surgery yet and will not until 6 doses of the chemo and HER2 drugs. I have chosen to use the Penguin Cold Caps and my mind keeps racing on whether it will be worth all the involvement it takes as well as the freezing cold feeling it will bring. I have read great testimonials and all I have read they say that the entire process was worth it in the end. It is expensive and not what I can afford but my community has stepped up and is helping. Thank goodness for earth angels. This has all happened so fast yet felt so slow. Today I am going shopping to get all set up for this upcoming week. I am grateful to join this group of women and look forward to connecting with you all!

• Maddy83f
    Maddy83f Member Posts: 78

that Hi there and I am sorry that we need to welcome you to this forum - however, this is a wonderful group of women who will do their best to support you and answer any questions you might have.

I am part of the January group - just finished DD AC and will be starting DD Taxol a week from Tuesday. Please let me know if any of you have any questions. So far I have experience mild SE - extreme fatigue on days 3 & 4 from the Neulesta, and Hand/Foot syndrome which only really occurred on my toes and the icing of my feet during the last treatment seems to have resolved it. My overall advice is to prioritize hydration and exercise and eat a lot of protein. For some reason, I have not been able to digest red meat so I have focused on eggs, poultry, yogurt and oatmeal. I started taking Claritin on a daily basis about 4 days before my first infusion been lucky to not experience the bone pain from Neulesta that some women have had. I shaved my head on Day 11 of my first treatment which in hindsight was earlier than I needed to but I am still glad I did it because I had a friend visiting who was able to give me the emotional support I needed. I also realized after I had my head shaved that it had been a big "unknown" that was causing me a lot of anxiety - it was a relief to put that behind me.

I still find it very hard to understand how we all have different reactions/experiences with our chemo regimes - but luckily there is enough commonality that we are able to help each other out.

• Jks_Indy

Hi y’all, I am very excited that you all replied to my post. I, too, am nervous about the start of chemo on Tuesday. This round of cancer came out of the blue - I had a partial mastectomy and radiation 18 years ago. I am amazed at the differences in treatment, resources, and support systems since 2002.

Etnasgrl - I am also nervous about losing my hair. It is shorter now but I have always had thick curly hair that I really liked. They don’t have the cold capping in my small town but I did order cold booties and gloves from Amazon to see if that helps with neuropathy. I am going to go look at wigs and scarves on Monday to see my options.

Cutiekate - I hope all goes well with your treatment later this month.

I am a widow and my sons are in Indiana and Athens Ga. Figuring out when I might need help and how long they need to stay has been a huge unknown. I got a beautiful puppy last fall that is a great joy but does complicate recovery from surgery and chemo. My eldest son and his wife had twin boys four days before my surgery. I got to see them briefly and “see” them daily via FaceTime. The boys are my first grandchildren and the first great-grandchildren in our family. They are a nice distraction from cancer!

Cassandra - we start on the same day. I hope your day goes well on Tuesday! I had my port put in on Friday. For some reason, it has been more uncomfortable than the four surgical drains I had. I am so glad your community has helped with support and costs. Having cancer is expensive...even if you have health insurance. I am self-employed and haven’t been able to work much since my surgery in January. I am hoping to be able to work through chemo when I can.

Julie

• Maddy83f

Julie - Just as an FYI - my doctor recommends Glutamine powder to combat neuropathy - I start Taxol a week from Tuesday and he has told me to start mixing glutamine powder (either twice a day of 15 grams each or 3 times a day with 10 grams) mixed with either room temperature or iced liquid. He confirmed that I can try in a smoothie or mixed with yogurt if that is more appealing. He wants me to take the 30 grams of Glutamine powder daily for the rest of my treatment. I don't know if he will also suggest I ice my hands/feet - luckily my center provides bins/ice if needed.

I also have a port and barely notice it now - it did bother me when I wore a seatbelt after first having it but now I forget I have it.

Congrats on your grand-babies! I am a 'step' grandmother - my stepdaughter created a fleece blanket thru Shutterfly that has pictures of my grandchildren on it - I take it to every chemo appointment! Just wanted to share that with you as an idea :)

I ordered my hats off of headcovers.com which is a site that was started by a woman who couldn't find hats that she needed when she went thru breast cancer - their 3 seam beanies are my favorites to wear around the house.

I have been on disability throughout my chemo - but many women on this forum have shared that they do work thru chemo - usually taking off the day of infusion. I have been sewing/walking/needlepointing a lot to help make the time go by - I think staying busy helps us thru this journey.

• etnasgrl

Hey everyone! Looks like we've got a good group here for March. I'm SO glad, as we could all use the support of others going through the same thing, at the same time.

Smile

Maddy83f.....I am fortunate as I will not have Neulasta, but my oncologist did warn me that bone and muscle pain can also be a side effect of Taxol, and not just the Neulasta. I brought up the Claritin to her and she supports me in taking it the entire cycle of chemo, to see if it helps. She said if it does not, she can always prescribe some pain meds. That's fine for when I am home, but I really don't want to be taking pain meds during the day, when at work. So, I'm hoping the Claritin does the trick!
    I've heard about really trying to stay hydrated while on chemo and also eating a lot of protein. I've bought some Greek yogurt to eat for breakfast with a banana, (I'm not really a breakfast person, but will have to get into the habit of it for sure!), some grilled chicken nuggets to pop in the microwave, eggs, and also Ensure Max Protein shakes. I don't know if those shakes will be any good, but I'm thinking that I can just grab one when I need to eat, but am not hungry.
    And thank you for mentioning the Glutamine powder! My oncologist didn't say anything about that, but I will definitely look into it and see if she says that I can take it. Anything that may help!!!

Jks_Indy…..thanks for mentioning the cold gloves and booties! I've been trying to prepare for chemo and making all sorts of lists, lol, and forgot about those. I will buy some off Amazon today!

We've got this ladies!!! It's scary, overwhelming, and beyond life changing, but we can do this!

Hug

• JP47
    JP47 Member Posts: 11

cassandra, you and I are very similar in diagnosis and time starting. I will look forward to hearing your story and I will share mine as well.

• Cassandra6430

hey everyone..thanks for all your shares. I look forward to connecting more. I’ll check in tomorrow after my port placement. It’s kind of a cool feeling to connect with others starting around the same time.

• etnasgrl

Cassamdra6430.....I'll be thinking of you today, as you get your port placement. Let us know how it goes. You've got this!!

Hug

• Cassandra6430

good morning! My port placement was an overall success. I woke up in a lot of pain but that was managed. Yesterday was super rough though. Went to bed early but woke at 3 am and now wide awake. Maybe the steroids or just nerves as I start my first infusion today.

A little bit about myself. Please everyone in this thread share more about you if you feel comfortable. I’d really like to connect and get to know you better. I am 44, turned 44 day of my biopsy. I have two children ages 18 and 21 and 6 step children who I call my own. Their ages are 19, 21, 24, twins 27, amd 29. Most important though I have 3 amazing grand babies! Elise 4, archer 1, and hazel who turned 1 this month. I have been married to a beautifully supportive man of my dreams coming up on 14 years. I am in recovery and have 2 years clean. I was a nurse for over a decade and unfortunately became addicted to opiates. I’m thankful for my 12 step group that helps me stay clean. This new diagnosis is challenging with this but am leaning into support. I no longer am in nursing as I wanted recovery more. I know work in real estate and I love it as well as energy work. I love being outdoors hiking, Kayaking etc. st George itah is the perfect place for that. I’m super grateful for this group and am sending love to you all! ❤️❤️❤️

• etnasgrl

Good Morning Cassandra6430!

Smile
    I'm so glad that your port placement went well. The pain and discomfort will fade soon. I had my port placed during surgery 2 weeks ago. At first, my neck was super stiff and painful, now I don't even notice it.
    Today is your first infusion!!! I so get the anxiety and nerves. I'm a complete mess and it'll be a week before I start. ((((Hugs)))) I just know that you will do amazing. And remember, we are with you in spirit! (And I am SO proud of you for being in recovery! Overcoming opiates is no easy feat, I know. Congrats on 2 years clean!)

As for a little bit about myself......I am 45. The first time I was diagnosed, I was 41. This time around, I found out I had a second primary in the other breast, the day before my anniversary. I think I was still in shock, but I refused to let it ruin our plans. We still went away for the weekend.
    I've been married 16 years. My husband is a police officer. I have a beautiful step-daughter who is 25. She will be joining the Navy in January 2021. She has decided to move back home once she heard about my second diagnosis because she wants to be able to help me when it's needed. Precious girl! So, she will live with us until she goes to the Navy. I also have a 15 year old son, who is my heart. He's ALWAYS been a Mama's Boy, now more than ever. He plans on shaving his head once I shave mine, so we can be bald together. I just love that kid! I am so very blessed to be surrounded by such incredible love.
    I am a patient advocate for an insurance company and LOVE what I do. I help patients navigate their insurance and ensure that they get/use the benefits that they need. I am also a certified medical biller and coder. So, if any of you need help with insurance questions/problems, I'm your girl and would be happy to help!
    I live in Texas, but was born and raised in New Jersey. I go back every summer to visit my best friend. We've been besties since we were 11, she is my oldest and dearest friend.
    I don't have many hobbies, unless you consider laying on the couch, watching true crime dramas a hobby, LOL! I do love to read though and always have. I love how a good book can transport me to a different time and place.

Anyway, that's about it on me. I hope everyone has a great day! I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Heart

• Jks_Indy

Hi y'all, I am up too. My first treatment is today. This is the first day that my port has felt better. It has been super itchy and annoying. I have had some issues with fluid accumulation on the right side from my BMX. I have to get it aspirated regularly and I am a little nervous about that going into chemo. My surgeon and MO think it is fine to proceed with chemo so I will have to trust their experience.

I have had issues with my right breast since I was 20. My first biopsy in 1978 was a very different experience from how it is done today. I had a partial mastectomy in 2002 (papillary cancer and DCIS) with 30 days of radiation. I went for my annual mammogram on Dec 23 rd and had a biopsy in early Jan 2020 that found a IDC and then a DCIS found in pathology. I had a BMX and am not planning reconstruction.

I grew up as an Air Force dependent, living many places around the world. I have been in South Georgia for 37 years and travel frequently to camp, hike, and visit unusual places. I am a widow with two grown sons. The eldest moved to Indiana last summer with his Brazilian scientist wife for a job for her. She is a molecular plant geneticist and is like the daughter I never had. They had twin boys on January 16 after three years of heartbreak with IVF. My mom and I were able to drive up there and see them briefly before my BMX on January 22. My younger son lives in Athens Ga, teaches food safety, and is a part-time musician.

I am a divorcee (father of my children) and am now a widow. I remarried in 2012 to a man who brought such joy to my life. Things were amazing, we were so happy, and we bought a house in Neskowin, Oregon in 2014 after he retired after 34 years as a school system administrator. I was in Greece, visiting my older son, when my only brother died of unexpected heart attack at age 50 in September 2014. We flew back and I wrote and delivered, somehow, his eulogy. I gave my parents a trip after that to get away and they were hit head on and barely survived a terrible wreck returning from the trip in November 2014. We had planned a family get together at our Oregon home for Christmas 2014 so we drove out there. My husband died of a heart attack of Christmas Eve 2014 in our home. My eldest son and his wife were driving an extra car to Oregon for us to leave there. They were caught in a snow storm and didn't get there until Christmas Day, my birthday. Sooooo, this is a bad Lifetime movie for sure! We packed up furniture and drove in a sad caravan back to Georgia. My youngest son, sister, and my ex-husband flew to Oregon to help us pack and drive back to Georgia. Along with our traumatized Golden Retriever who loved Randy so much.

I had pulled my life back together and had planned to put my house on the market in March 2020. I started packing and moving things to storage then had my mammogram on December 23 and life took another U turn. I own a small consulting business doing program evaluation of large scale state, federal and foundation grants in STEM, early care and education, school success, child abuse, substance abuse, high school/college transition etc. for school systems, colleges, and foundations. I am self-employed so it has been challenging managing work and cancer. I have amazing clients though!

i live alone so it has been challenging to manage who can help when and when do I need help. And acknowledging that I DO need help. My family doesn't live in town. My 82 year old mom and my younger son have been troopers in helping me. My eldest son and DIL are bringing the twins here Thursday, after much consultation with my MO and their pediatrician about timing of visit, for a short visit.

I remain grateful for family, friends, and new friends like you all who lift my spirits and support me in this bump in the road. I am so very grateful for all the women who have gone down this road before and have helped advance the treatment of breast cancer. I am going to participate in a Neulasta trial and participated in a radiation trial in 2002.

Cassandra - wishing you comfort today for your first treatment. I will be thinking of you. Mine starts in a hour so I need to get going. I love southern Utah - I got my MS at Arizona State and have traveled in the West with my boys for camping. Etnasgrl- I got an unexpected out of network bill for nearly $5000 for anesthesia yesterday that blew me away. My health care has always been in network in this small town. If I can’t get resolution on it, I will ask for advice 😀

This ended up being way too long but I couldn't sleep so I just typed. It took my mind off my jitters. I look forward to hearing more about each of you and please know that I hold you close to my heart as we take this journey together. Julie

• etnasgrl

Hi Julie!!

SmileI will say a prayer for you today, that your first treatment goes super well. I know that you will do great and remember, we are there in spirit! You've got this!! I am so sorry for all the death and bumps in the road that you have gone through. I can't even begin to imagine going through all of that, bless your heart. You have such a sweet spirit about you and an incredible attitude, that will greatly help you get through all of this. And of course, we will be with you every single step of the way.

And please, call me Karen. Etna was my mom. She passed away from Metastatic Breast Cancer when I was in my 20's. When I joined the message board back in 2015, I felt that Etnasgrl was a good screen name.
    Anyway....many prayers and much love to everyone starting chemo today! We're in this together!!

• Cassandra6430

Hi Julie and Karen,

Here’s to our infusions today Julie! I truly loved hearing more about you both and look forward to staying connected! 🌸❤️

• Nooch40
    Nooch40 Member Posts: 22

Hello,

I am starting chemo next week on March 18th. I am getting taxol weekly for 12 weeks along with herceptin. I am getting my port next week on Tuesday. I got diagnosed last month at the age of 40 and I have 2 little boys ages 6 and 4. I am scared out of my mind. I can’t figure out how to put my diagnosis or stage yet on here but I am stage 1a and triple positive. Good luck to all of you starting.

• Jks_Indy

Welcome Nooch! You can go to My Profile and then click on treatments to enter diagnosis. I couldn’t figure out how to enter things for 2002 vs 2020 so mine is a little muddled.

This is a great resource for you with a very supportive and caring community. I found it helpful to look at previous months groups to get an idea of some questions I should ask my MO. My first treatment was today and I was very apprehensive. It went well except for a small allergic reaction with Taxotere. But they handled it immediately. I am resting and woozy from the Cytoxan.

A woman I met at a local breast cancer support group showed up today with a goody bag for my first chemo treatment. It was such a generous and kind thing to do and I plan to pass it forward when I can. Her reassuring hug made me feel better. She just finished the same treatment I am getting.

My boys were 12 and 11 for my first diagnosis. It was hard for them to understand and I can only imagine how hard it will be for your little ones. ❤️❤️

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

• etnasgrl

Hi there Nooch!!! Welcome!

Smile I will be starting chemo on March 19th, one day after you and I will follow the same treatment plan.....12 weeks of Taxol and one year of Herceptin. We can be chemo buddies. PM me anytime! I know it's scary, I am scared out of mind....but we CAN do this. One small baby step at a time. ((((Hugs)))

Jks_Indy….I am so glad that your infusion went well. I was thinking about you and Cassandra6430 all day today. I hope that she stops by soon to give an update. And how sweet of that lady to come by with a goody bag. That was so thoughtful, I love that! I'm sure it made the day just a little bit easier.

Okay, so.....I have an appointment on Sunday, March 22 to get my head shaved.

Scared The girl that does my hair is closing the salon, so it's just her and I. She will shave my head and then trim and fit the 2 wigs that I bought. She is such a sweet lady and I know that she will be gentle and tender with me, BUT.....I know I'm just going to bawl my eyes out. I am really emotional at the thought of losing my hair. That being said, I refuse to let cancer take it from me. It has taken MORE than enough. I'm going to lose my hair on my terms. Even if it does break my heart.

• Jks_Indy

Karen, I felt exactly the same. I wanted to do something about my hair on my terms. I went to a Quick Cuts on Monday after my MO recommended going ahead and clipping my hair. I had them use a number 6 guard on it. I cried but was glad I did it. I went ahead and got a few head coverings - it amazed me how quickly my body temperature changed without hair.

I am glad Karen and Nooch will be on the same schedule That will be comforting!

Feel free to call me Julie. Indy is the name of my nine month old Golden Retriever I got last fall after my six-year old Golden died quickly and unexpectedly with jaw cancer. She had been my constant companion since my husband died. I never would have gotten a puppy if I knew I was going to be going thru this. She is a joy and she is a handful 😬🐶.

Hoping Cassandra had a good experience today.

I tried to post before and after photos of hair but wasn't successful. Will see if I can figure it out

• dup403
    dup403 Member Posts: 15

Hi there everyone! I too will be starting chemo this month. First of 4 TCH on March 24. I was diagnosed with stage 1C triple positive. Will also be having Lapelga injection day after chemo. Any tips, tricks or advise is greatly appreciated! I am 51 married 30 yrs, 2 grown kids and 1 grand dog...

Have had the hair cut and bought all the things I have read and could think of for home. Freezer is also full of home made meals for days when cooking doesn’t feel like a good idea.

Huge thanks to everyone on here to putting yourself out there to help others on this crazy adventure!!

• Maddy83f

Nooch - Welcome, and I am so sorry that you have had to join us. In addition to this forum, there is also a Weekly Taxol group that you might find some good information on. I started DD (dose dense) AC in January and will be starting DD Taxol on March 17th so we will be starting together. While there hasn't been much recent activity in the weekly Taxol forum - there is a lot there to read from recent months that will provide you with some information.

Many women ice their hands and feet during their Taxol treatments to prevent Neuropathy - my doctor has recommended 30 grams of glutamine powder/per day in either 2 doses of 30 grams or 3 of 10 grams - he specifically told me to add to either room temperature or cold liquid. I am going to try adding the powder to smoothies this week to see how they taste - will let you know.

Nice to have someone else from Ohio on the forum - I live in Columbus and am getting treated at The James.

Best of luck -

• etnasgrl

Hi Dup403, welcome!!!

SmileSorry you have to join us, but so glad that you did. I know there is a lot of advice and tips here on these message boards, just check out the different threads. That's what I did and I learned a lot!

• Cassandra6430

good morning everyone and welcome the new gals! overall I tolerated it my first infusion well as it went in. I'm using the penguin cold caps to try to save my hair so that was quite the routine with the rotation the cold and feeling underwater as my ears were covered. As well as had the ice packs on my hands feet and I’ve chips for my mouth when the taxol went in. Last night though I really hurt where my port is and my lungs have been on fire and still are. Amd I’m super shaky.I'm sure things could be worse but reality is here and typing this to you all brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for checking in. How are all of you?

• Nooch40

I am sorry for all of you that are going though this a second time. I read all these stories and it makes me cry. This journey has been an emotional roller coaster. I second guess all my decisions and just want to go back to my “old” normal before all this started.

Jksindy- I also have a golden retriever. She is almost 10 years old. They are the best dogs. She was my first baby before I had kids.

Etnasgirl- I am glad we are starting this journey together. This week is the worst , just waiting to start. I’ve read some helpful hints for taxol such as icing hands/feet to combats neuropathy , b6 vitamins, and glutamine. I think maddy mentioned there is a weekly taxol forum that I’ve been looking at.

Maddy83- did you start the taxol this week or is it next week? I start it March 19. I have read the same tips as you for the taxol.

Cassandra- How are you feeling?

A little about myself- I have been married to my husband for almost 13 years. He has been my rock through this. We have 2 little boys 6 and 4. I went for my first ever mammogram at 40 and had breast cancer.

• Jks_Indy

Cassandra64 - I am so sorry your lungs are burning. My port remains itchy and uncomfortable but each day is getting better. I feel good today, I think I am still on a steroid high. Was sleepy after treatment yesterday and then alert from 4:30 am onward. I get my Neulasta injection this afternoon so am hoping the Claritan helps ward off any SE.

I am so excited that my son and DIL are bringing my twin grandsons to visit this weekend. It has been a scheduling nightmare to get them here at a time safe for them to be around me (the chemo toxicity) and a time safe for me to be around them (live immunizations). They are 7 weeks old and I only got to see them for three days when they were born. They have a 12 hour drive to get here- long way for a 4 night stay - but we are all very excited. The babies haven't met my new "baby" - the golden I got in Indiana when visiting them last fall.

Is anyone else having fluid issues from a BMX? Karen, it looks like you have a scheduled BMX for August. From a quick scan, I didn't see another person with a BMX but if you have had one, I would love to know if you had similar problems. My SO is on top of it but my body is not cooperating despite my best attempts with diet and exercise for lymphadema. I am having lymphatic PT and aspiration of the seroma and that helps but the fluid accumulates right away and is very uncomfortable.

Welcome Dup403! You will appreciate those frozen meals later! I was very glad I cooked food ahead. We look forward to hearing about your experiences as it gets closer to your start time.

• etnasgrl

One week from today. I start chemo next Thursday. This is my last week of looking like "me" and feeling decent. The last week of hair, (getting it shaved the Sunday after chemo), the last week of normal.
    Honestly, I feel like I am grieving the loss of the person I currently am. Will she be gone for good? Will I ever see her again? And who will take her place?
    Talking about chemo and researching it, (and the side effects), are VERY different from actually going through it. As long as it's just talk, I am fine. The thought of doing it brings me to my knees and knocks the wind out of me. I know that I will get through this.....but truthfully, right now, I don't see how. It all feels incredibly overwhelming and daunting.
    Oh well....one step in front of the other, right? The only way out is through!

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363

Hi all, I start taxol, herceptin and perjeta on the 19/03, so similar chemo to a few of you. Had port placed today. Happy to swap hair again for hope :). I found the previous chemo group I belonged to in 2018 very supportive and informative. Good luck to one and all!
  • etnasgrl

Welcome helenlouise! So glad you're here.

Smile

I start chemo/Herceptin the same day as you. I wish you all the best!

• Nooch40

I feel exactly the same way you do etnasgirl! This has been a very hard week. The unknown is so scary. And this corona virus is freaking me out. I even called to see if they wanted me to wait to start but the answer was no. It’s the worst timing. I am second guessing my decision not to cold cap. There is just something about losing my hair. One minute I got this and then I don’t. But then I look at my 2 little boys and I have no choice. Were you offered to receive Perjeta ? I wasn’t and just wondering why not.