Join Us

We are 219,696 members in 84 forums discussing 161,626 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: July 2020 chemo club

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During, and After —

Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2020 01:51PM - edited Aug 9, 2020 12:02PM by Iamloved

Iamloved wrote:

Well I am scheduled for July 13 for my port and July 14 7:15 am to start my "infusions"...so much nicer word than chemo. I hope others join to share this very scary journey. I plan to fast 48 hours before and the day of the infusions to reduce side effects. Wishing all a safe and healthty journey.

July Chemo club roll call

Iamloved (Joni ) Start date July 15 TCHP

Annathebrave (Anna ) Start date July 23 TCHP

Trynryan (Amy) TCHP start date 7/8

My name is Rona (username kukalona), started TC on July 10th

mtspacekace (Kacie) July 7. TCHP

kmom57 Four rounds of TC (Taxotere, Cytoxan), every 21 days.Started July 31. Finish oct 2.

melbo (Melissa) TCHP — start 7 augus

Shar2020 July 23 TCH

Brittonkb (Kim) 4 AC every other week started 8/3 followed by 12 weekly Taxol. Should finish 12/14 if all goes as planned.

Smichaels11 (Shauna) 7/1 TCHP

Christine aka: "BlusteryDay" - 4 AC + 4 DD Taxol. Started on July 17th

Surgery December 1 2020 Lumpectomy and oncoplastic surgery Dx 8/8/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 8/29/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 5/14/2020, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 7/13/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/13/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 27 of 27 (788 results)

Posts 781 - 788 (788 total)

Jan 12, 2021 11:44PM mtspacekace wrote:

melbo...doctors said I wasn’t a candidate for lumpectomy because I had multi focal cancer, plus a vus in a brca gene was kind of a red flag... I figured if they’re taking 1, might as well make it even... I can’t believe they told you pap would be fine while on chemo...but I guess that is a lot of info to know.

I have apt with my oncologist tomorrow, I’m thinking he is going to say I need kadcyla for a year......ugh, I wanted to be done in July.

Diagnosed at 38. Dog mom. Wife. Rancher turned warrior, currently busy kicking cancers ass. Dx 6/3/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/3/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 7/6/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/7/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/7/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 12/15/2020 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 13, 2021 07:24AM Melbo wrote:

I can sympathize with your disappointment about the thought of taking kadclya. I had my regular Herceptin/Perjeta infusion yesterday and just that was enough to give me the cancer blues and make me frustrated and sad that I have cancer and still have treatment until at least August. The idea that I would have to go on another chemo drug would likely put me in a funk for a long time. I imagine it’s hugely frustrating to see so many people posting about their PCRs after chemo. There are no good words for the situation. It just plain sucks.

Diagnosed two days before my 42nd birthday. One husband, two dogs, one cat and no kids. Dx 7/16/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/6/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/20/2020 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 1/31/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 13, 2021 09:54AM Iamloved wrote:

Sadly I don't think we are ever done. We keep running on the hamster wheel called cancer. It starts with the diagnosis. Mammograms ultrasounds ct scans MRIs biopsies just to tell us we have cancer. Next up (for me) neoadjuvant chemotherapy. 4 1/2 months of feeling like crap. Yea ring the bell...I am done! Oh uh wait...surgery the week I finally start feeling good. Ok good results yea! No lymph nodes involved!! Things are winding down. Oh hey we are going to radiate those lymph nodes just in case they have cancer cells so you have a real good chance of developing lymphedema but there treatments that can help with that. Oh and don't forget to come by every 3 weeks to get your herceptin infusion for the next 8 months. So now when I finish radiation I can start some wonderful drugs that will block estrogen and keep the cancer from coming back. 5 to 10 years of joint pain hot flashes mood swings but I can manage thoses side effects with other drugs. And just keep coming back for more mammograms ultrasounds cts MRIs and bone scans...in case the wonderful estrogen blockers are sucking your bones dry but that might be reversible. I try not to go to this unhappy place but somedays it just makes me angry that we all got a lousy hand to play! 🤗🤗🤗 to all who are running on the wheel!

Surgery December 1 2020 Lumpectomy and oncoplastic surgery Dx 8/8/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 8/29/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 5/14/2020, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 7/13/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/13/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 13, 2021 03:39PM - edited Jan 14, 2021 03:54AM by mtspacekace

...Kadcyla for 14 cycles it is. At least, hopefully I tolerate it well and will be done this year. I really don't want to have to pay my full deductible again next year.

Headed for radiation next week, hopefully I've healed enough that I can start on the 25th...

I got the call, I get my rona shot tomorrow!

Just another day running on this hamster wheel of life.

Edit to add:

Anyone else have issues with their nails? I’m afraid I’m going to lose 1 or both big toe nails, and right now...both pinky fingernails are lifting. It looks like they are growing and haven’t detached clear to the cuticle yet, but one toenail is detached along one side entirely. This is sucky. I have searched on here and it seems to be a se, I’m wondering if it ends up being painful or how long it takes to grow back..

Diagnosed at 38. Dog mom. Wife. Rancher turned warrior, currently busy kicking cancers ass. Dx 6/3/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/3/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 7/6/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/7/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/7/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 12/15/2020 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 16, 2021 03:14PM Evergreenman wrote:

Melbo, I had the similar situation as you. I saw my radiotherapy oncologist and she explained to me I actually had positive lymph node based on my PET. They did a fine needle lymph node biopsy before chemo started that was negative but there was lymph node in the inner chest line showing bright under PET and they didn’t biopsy it. My post op PET shows it’s gone so it reacted to chemo and proved it was involved.

I am due to start radiation tomorrow for 5 weeks and continue with Herceptin till end of the year.

Looking at the bright side, there are more and more new drugs coming out being effective so the historical stats are no longer applicable. Has anyone heard about this new HER2+ vaccine? I am keen to join the trial if it’s available.

https://www.cancernetwork.com/view/gp2-immunotherapy-prompts-total-dfs-response-for-patients-with-her2-3-breast-cancer

Dx 6/19/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/1/2020 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/9/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/30/2020 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Jan 16, 2021 03:26PM Melbo wrote:

thanks for the link evergreenman. I sent it to my mom who is a nurse — she runs the clinical trial program for her hospital so I’m curious what she thinks.

Mtspacekace—a few of my nails are also a mess, but I haven’t lost any yet. On the other hand, 8 weeks after finishing chemo my eyebrows completely fell out, so that’s fin

Diagnosed two days before my 42nd birthday. One husband, two dogs, one cat and no kids. Dx 7/16/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/6/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/6/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/20/2020 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 1/31/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 17, 2021 10:11PM Poppy_90 wrote:

MTS, nice to meet you. I hope you don’t mind me jumping into your group. I’m with you on the nails. Definitely going to lose both big toe nails. It’s really tender and painful. I still try to walk every day, but it’s impacting how long I can walk for. So frustrating since I’m trying to lose the chemo bellya,

My fingernails were splitting too, but someone recommended OPI Natural nail strengthener which has helped a lot. The big toe nails are too far gone, but thought I would share in case you were having any splitting, peeling or breaking. It has helped a lot. Losing nails andNeuropathy is not fun! I was diagnosed just about a month before you. What a year, right.

Just wanted to jump in and say hello and share that you’re definitely not alone!

Dx 5/1/2020, IDC, Right, 2cm, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/29/2020 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 10/5/2020 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/5/2020 Breast

Jan 17, 2021 11:26PM mtspacekace wrote:

thank you Poppy! I did just happen to pick up some of the OPI stuff last week. I haven’t had a chance to put it on my nails yet, but I need to...they are very dry and cracky! I’m glad it helps!

Page 27 of 27 (788 results)