Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Aug 21, 2006 09:59PM - edited Nov 5, 2011 12:19AM by nosurrender

nosurrender wrote:

This has been a rough few days...
It is time for us to hook up our horses and circle our wagons around some of our dear sisters who need us the most right now.

Robin, Rhymee, Mena, Denise, Marsha, Katz & Sarah, Gwenn, Pennylane, Dianne, Shelliks and all who need some love and care from the sisterhood.

I will take the first watch.

(edited to add that since we started the circle, we have lost many angels mentioned above and others who were inside the circle.  Nicki/Chemosabi kept watch over the circle many nights for us. Now, she will watch over the campfire with the angels she joined tonight. Rest in Peace you beautiful friends, we love you all and will never forget you.)

nosurrenderbreastcancerhelp.org ~What a long, strange trip it's been...

Page 3 of 1,025 (30,733 results)

Posts 61 - 90 (30,733 total)

Aug 22, 2006 04:51PM lisa54 wrote:

Add me to the circle, too! My prayers are with everyone for positive auras in all situations, be it physical, personal, or financial. In my case all three! Hugs and prayers, Lisa

Aug 22, 2006 05:17PM normalcani wrote:

I would like to add Lilia aka NaughtyByNature to the list too.... She needs us right now...... She has posted in the Recurrance thread.....

Hugs....
Candi
Peace is seeing the sunset and knowing who to thank Dx 2/10/2004, DCIS, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Aug 22, 2006 05:27PM csp wrote:

This is a really neat sight that you can go and light a candle for anyone in you thoughts the candle will burn for
24 hrs I think ~

Just click on the link http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm

Carrie
Radiation Therapy 9/30/2010 Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 22, 2006 05:49PM csp wrote:

I would like to add Debbyfive to the list of ladies needing circled. I am going to post a prayer thread for her in inspirations ~
Carrie

Aug 22, 2006 06:18PM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

OK, I need to get some sleep. Anyone on the night shift want to take over with my shotgun? I promise to sleep with one eye open, in case my sisters need anything.

Dx 9/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 22, 2006 06:38PM susanmcm wrote:

Me too. I'm taking up Mary Anne on her offer for the little hotel over the hill. Gotta get some sleep tonite. I think our sisters are resting easy.

We love you Robin, Mena, Lila, Debby5, rhymeee, Denise, Cheri, Marsha, Katz & Sarah, Gwenn, Pennylane, Dianne, Shelliks and KarenL.

Prayers for comfort and recovery.

God Bless
Susan

Aug 22, 2006 06:40PM Deese wrote:

You all are the best. Speechless.

Now which wagon has the Serta Posturepedic? I need my sleep.

Love,
Denise
Dx 6/13/2005, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 22, 2006 07:21PM - edited Sep 20, 2008 09:24AM by sahalie

Aug 22, 2006 07:40PM Naniam wrote:

The fire is burning reflecting on the faces of our sisters, wood stacked to the side for the night, coffee and water for the hot chocolate is on, voices are getting softer and some are down for the night. The night owls are already on watch and the cool night air feels so good. Not sure where the cowboy is at the moment but some of these gals can sure keep you laughing. The joy and comfort of these sisters brings tears to my eyes.

Lord, we lift our friends who are facing this mountain and have a steep climb to the top. We are all hurting for them and as we share in their fears we are also realizing some of our own. Bless them, heal them, give them strength for the days ahead, may they feel only the peace and comfort you can give and may they know their friend is holding their hand in the darkness and lonliness of the night. May tomorrow bring hope. May they feel the love of the many sisters who too will walk to the top of the mountain with them.

Rest well, sisters. We have wraped you in love and prayers.

Brenda
Dx 8/18/2005, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 22, 2006 07:45PM littlecatsfeet wrote:

Gonna curl up next to the fire - but I'll be up for early morning watch.

Have a peaceful night - you are all in my prayers -

Leslie
Surgery 2/28/2005 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Dx 3/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2005 Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy 4/30/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2005 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/30/2012 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 7/2012, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/20/2014 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy Navelbine (vinorelbine), Taxol (paclitaxel), Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 22, 2006 07:52PM Sige wrote:

Mena...as requested...

...and if they tire you out too much...

GARGANTUOUS hugs to all you other ladies....LILIAAAAAAAAAA sweetie!

Sending FIGHTING ENERGY to all!

Hugs
Peggy
"Religion is about creation, and for that reason religion should be about the earth." - Laurie Cabot Surgery 3/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 4/3/2006, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 7/31/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2006

Aug 22, 2006 07:55PM csp wrote:

Brenda ~
That was beautiful.

Carrie

Aug 22, 2006 08:01PM Sandra1957 wrote:

Brenda - That brought tears to my eyes. You have a way with words. Thank you.

Peggy - It looks like the catfight is over. Plenty of cowboys for all the cowgirls. Don't forget a little something for yourself.

I love all of my sisters and wish them all pleasant dreams!
I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Aug 22, 2006 09:09PM nosurrender wrote:

Brenda that was pure poetry.

I will take my usual shift.
I see I have company thanks to Peggy.
um, Well I guess you could call it
Cowgirl Up.

(I will take a double shift just to be thorough)
nosurrenderbreastcancerhelp.org ~What a long, strange trip it's been...

Aug 22, 2006 09:14PM christineK wrote:

Quote:
The fire is burning reflecting on the faces of our sisters, wood stacked to the side for the night, coffee and water for the hot chocolate is on, voices are getting softer and some are down for the night. The night owls are already on watch and the cool night air feels so good. Not sure where the cowboy is at the moment but some of these gals can sure keep you laughing. The joy and comfort of these sisters brings tears to my eyes.

Lord, we lift our friends who are facing this mountain and have a steep climb to the top. We are all hurting for them and as we share in their fears we are also realizing some of our own. Bless them, heal them, give them strength for the days ahead, may they feel only the peace and comfort you can give and may they know their friend is holding their hand in the darkness and lonliness of the night. May tomorrow bring hope. May they feel the love of the many sisters who too will walk to the top of the mountain with them.

Rest well, sisters. We have wraped you in love and prayers.

Brenda, thank you for those beautiful words. I have pisted them above, everyone should see this.
Thanks for the dancing cowboys too. One minute I am crying the next I am laughing.
I'm here now, just got home from work. I am ready to take over for a little while and pray with all my heart. As soon as I grab a cup of jo and let one of those cowboy twirl this little lass round a few times.
Love when you can, Cry when you have to, be who you must, that's the part of the plan.- Dan Fogelberg

Aug 22, 2006 11:35PM JoanofArdmore wrote:

Hi Dear Ones,
I have been riding around the outer wagon perimeter all night, armed and watching out for the slightest sign of the wretched beast.
The night is quiet, rest well.You are loved, you are loved.
And loved too, the faithful defneders.Brenda, you are absolutely beautiful!Thank you!!With such defending sisters, how can everything not be all right?
NoSurrender, I hope you have gone to sleep.I will finish up the shift.The air is crisp, the stars are bright, even the girls who can't sleep are sleeping!I'm comfortable, but vigalent.By the time I sleep, the sun will be coming up, morning shift will be here.You all can party merrily with those cowboys, and make coffee on the campfires!(Owls and bats are used to noisy sleeping!)
Rest well everyone.Love,j
Still, I continue to continue to pretend, my life will never end, and flowers never bend with the rainfall . Paul Simon

Aug 23, 2006 02:36AM PoohRN1962 wrote:

up early...I am here to relieve the night watch.
I am counting my blessings...how wonderful to have found all of you!

(who's got the cowboy? MY turn!)
Vicki Dx 5/4/2006, IDC, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 23, 2006 02:52AM chemosabi wrote:

Well, Im joining vicki with the early morning watch. Brought some fresh coffee and tea.

The sun is starting to peak over the horizon. Daylight will be here soon. We stand strong and we stand tall.

I just saw a falling star and made my wish.

Now i'm stomping my foot and Im saying "I made as hell and Im not gonna take it anymore." So there - as I am sticking out my tongue.

Nicki
Waving hello to everyone

Aug 23, 2006 03:16AM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

I'm back up as well. Shotgun in one hand, coffee in the other. Glad to know it was a peaceful night.

You gals who handled the night shift might want to go get some rest.

Aug 23, 2006 04:12AM Boop wrote:

Ladies, I do not believe I have "met" a better bunch of ladies than you are..I am sitting here with tears running down my face after reading these posts..

As you all know, sometimes you can feel so lonely fighting this disease, and it so wonderful to know that you have some wonderful friends like you that know what you are going through and there to cheer you on, pray for you and hug you when you need it..Thank you so very much everyone and I love each one of you..

Sending big hugs your way...

Hugs and God Bless,
Cherie

Aug 23, 2006 04:40AM fancy2 wrote:

OK, I've fed th mules, 'n th dawgs, 'n th donkies. Shoveled all the poop, too. Thet wuz a job 'n a half. Gonna have some grub now, 'n a cuppa joe. Ya make good coffee, whoever dun it. Maybe taday we'uns kin send out a scoutin' party and see 'f we kin find tracks. Mebby we kin catch The Beast asleep and kill it afore it hurts us agin.

12/05 ILC 1C NX M0 2 yrs and counting Dx 12/16/2005, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 23, 2006 05:09AM tflowers wrote:

Ok all of the noise from the "fine hunks" has awakened me. I see that we are protecting even more of our "sister". No problem, we are all strong enough to protect. Much love....

Aug 23, 2006 07:03AM newvickie wrote:

Here helping out on the day shift...keep those hunks parading so I can keep these radiation exhaustion eyes open!! No beasts will get past our special circle of healing wagons.
Love and hugs all around
Vickie

Aug 23, 2006 07:43AM newvickie wrote:

Our view from over the hill.

Aug 23, 2006 07:50AM AlaskaDeb wrote:

OK ladies, I have to admit that I spent last night in bed with the covers over my head crying, but I�m back now. I�m done with scared and sad and I�m moving on to ANGRY. Got my shotgun and I�m packing 2 extra pistols. I�ll be hog-tied before anything gets past me today! The beast doesn�t have a chance�I�m a great shot even when I�m mad�maybe especially when I�m mad.

Hugs to the night shift. You are ALL the best�.

Deb C.
glassylady41.spaces.live.com/ Dx 2/29/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 27/32 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 23, 2006 08:00AM Sige wrote:

Quote:
Peggy - It looks like the catfight is over. Plenty of cowboys for all the cowgirls. Don't forget a little something for yourself.

Why thanks lini...don't mind if I do...

AND...there are very, very few men that could convince me to cross back over to the other side...can only think of two right off the top of my head...

Have a great day!
Peggy
"Religion is about creation, and for that reason religion should be about the earth." - Laurie Cabot Surgery 3/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 4/3/2006, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 7/31/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2006

Aug 23, 2006 08:08AM christineK wrote:

Deb - why do things always get to us when we are under the covers. It all hit me this am, I put on my iPod, laid in bed and had myself a good cry over all of this. Got up, showered and I am also ready to face the day- kicking some cancer ass! Stand back, what's that saying about a "....woman's fury"
Oh Peg, what a beautiful cowboy chica you found and I love those two guys.
Love when you can, Cry when you have to, be who you must, that's the part of the plan.- Dan Fogelberg

Aug 23, 2006 08:56AM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

Peggy, your taste in women is much better than your taste in men.

Aug 23, 2006 09:42AM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:35PM by BethNY

i guess i get the afternoon shift...i'll take it gladly.
thinking of all my sisters
Be your own hero

Aug 23, 2006 09:50AM gmr52 wrote:

Prayers for all the women listed above and those not mentioned but struggling with this dreadful disease including all the newbies and those with mets.
Take care.

Page 3 of 1,025 (30,733 results)