Topic: Let's conduct our own study on how we all got breast cancer

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Nov 8, 2007 06:54PM - edited Nov 8, 2007 06:54PM by gsg

Posted on: Nov 8, 2007 06:54PM - edited Nov 8, 2007 06:54PM by gsg

gsg wrote:

We have an excellent cohort of diagnosed people here, let's see if we can find the common denominator among us.  We've all learned with this disease, we need to doctor ouselves, why not conduct our own scientific research? It can't be that difficult.

I'll go first.

1.  how many of you women, in junior high school, ever had a crush on a boy and practiced writing "Mrs. so and so" all over your notebooks? 

Pardon me if I repeat myself. Can't remember jack. Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 238 (2,377 results)

Nov 8, 2007 07:05PM phoenix9873 wrote:

Hum, I so did that, but my hubby swears it's the diet sweetener I have been ingesting for years. I will have to tell him he is wrong because we will now have proof that bc started way back in middle school..lol. I personally think it's because we played with plastic dolls made in, wait for it, CHINA...So there you go ladies, my official diagnosis for what causes bc.

Dx 9/2008, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2-

Nov 8, 2007 07:14PM gsg wrote:

LOL

barbie breast cancer

Pardon me if I repeat myself. Can't remember jack. Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 8, 2007 07:24PM - edited Mar 19, 2008 10:00AM by TenderIsOurMight

Gosh, I never even thought of all those Barbies I played with....I can remember sucking on their arms at times. What can I say, I like to suck...

Hmmm, my list is just too long. But one thing stands out, the fog trucks in New Jersey each summer, when we camped at the beach area. By 8 or 9, we all were running through them...Just saw an article talking about exposure to DDT by age 14 was pretty convincing...

But then the barbies started by age, what 5, and that sucking on them, arms, legs, heads, popped one off once and almost died...daah...

Like this thread,
Tender

It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Nov 8, 2007 07:28PM djd wrote:

Well, not only did I write my boyfriend's name all over my notebook (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Donna Smith, Scott and Donna Smith, etc.,) I also ate AT LEAST five more servings of french fries than a toddler should eat.  Embarassed

Donna Dx 12/13/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 8, 2007 07:35PM AlaskaDeb wrote:

OH...ME TOOO...I think we are on to something here.  I was in love with Mickey Whims...wrote it with a little heart over the "I" instead of a dot! 

I think that maybe the triple negative connection may be tied to chewing those red plastic wax lips they handed out for halloween when I was a kid.  I actualy ate them....I also ate those tiny wax bottles that looked like soda pop bottles full of colored syrup...

glassylady41.spaces.live.com/ Dx 2/29/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 27/32 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 8, 2007 07:39PM djd wrote:

Oh Deb - that reminds me...I used to SWALLOW my gum!  I was always worried it my "stick to my insides" (whatever that means) but maybe it caused my BC.

Donna Dx 12/13/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 8, 2007 07:41PM - edited Mar 19, 2008 10:17AM by TenderIsOurMight

Too much Deb... I now remember those little tiny wax soda pop bottles, I haven't thought of those in years.

I seem to remember munching on a few of those Halloween red plastic wax lips too. Maybe that's why I am one of the few remaining women who puts on red lipstick (Revlon Red, $6.99 or so, lasts forever), brightens up my skin color, but...doo du, doo du, yikes, evil red dye, on and in my system for years!

Back to the drawing board for more ideas...
Tender

It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Nov 8, 2007 07:48PM Sandra1957 wrote:

I married that jr. high school sweetheart.  It must be that I've only had sex with one partner, or maybe it was the Bonne Belle Bubble Gum lipstick.

I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Nov 8, 2007 07:52PM bluedahlia wrote:

You guys have it all wrong.  It was because we burned our bras in the 60's.  The fumes ya know.

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Nov 8, 2007 07:55PM Sandra1957 wrote:

Now I'm wondering if it's 'cause I wore one as little as possible.  Loved those halter tops back in the day.

I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Page 1 of 238 (2,377 results)

Scroll to top button