Topic: Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 03:39PM

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 03:39PM

thedudess wrote:

Hi I am newly diagnosed and I know alot of people rely on their faith for support and find great peace with that, however I am a atheist and was wondering if anyone else here was also.

thanks

Dx 1/7/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 279 of 875 (8,744 results)

Feb 18, 2011 08:39AM Maya2 wrote:

Lisa, is that ice plant growing in the foreground of your beach shot? It's goregous!

Feb 18, 2011 08:40AM Bren-2007 wrote:

Lisa .. love the photo of La Jolla.  Looks like it was a gorgeous day in San Diego.  Hope to be there the end of April visiting the grands!

Bren

Feb 18, 2011 09:04AM socallisa wrote:

maya, yes that is ice plant..lots of that around here, so many varities

Bren..hope you have some time when you visit to get together

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Feb 18, 2011 09:08AM socallisa wrote:

This is a view looking north from La Jolla from Mt. Soledad

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Feb 18, 2011 10:09AM River_Rat wrote:

Oh my!  (sigh)  Beautiful!

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

Feb 18, 2011 04:51PM ananda8 wrote:

For those interested in the possibility of living forever, here is a link to "Nova Science Now"

http://video.pbs.org/video/1754457671

“Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.”

Feb 24, 2011 12:51AM raeinnz wrote:

My committed Christian, supremely intelligent best friend is convinced she is going to live forever in Heaven in a renewed body after she dies.  I wish I could believe her and join her... it sounds so appealing. 

PILC, LCIS. BMX with immed recon Feb 09. No chemo. No rads. Femara. Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. Dx 1/20/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 24, 2011 05:31AM River_Rat wrote:

Raeinnz, my heart goes out to the people of New Zealand.  Stay safe.

I understand what you were saying above.  An elderly friend of mine recently lost a daughter to cancer and she was telling me how she missed her daughter but that she had total faith that her daughter is in Heaven and that she will be with her again there.  I'm glad that she has that faith as I don't know how she would have made it through all she has without it.  But it's not part of my belief system.

I have found it comforting just to think that my energy and matter will continue in the universe after I'm gone, even though I don't have a belief that I will be conscious of that. 

Feb 24, 2011 06:54AM Bren-2007 wrote:

River Rat ... I was thinking about this last night.  I guess it is comforting for most to think they will be with their loved ones when they die.  It just doesn't work for me ... more along the lines of dust to dust and ashes to ashes for me.  I do think my 'matter' will be changed and maybe be good food for all my flowers.

Death to me seems like a very long nap.

Bren

Feb 24, 2011 07:11AM River_Rat wrote:

Bren, I agree.   "Death to me seems like a very long nap."   

Page 279 of 875 (8,744 results)

Scroll to top button