Topic: Is anyone else an atheist with BC besides me?

Forum: Life After Breast Cancer — Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 05:39PM

Posted on: Jan 18, 2008 05:39PM

thedudess wrote:

Hi I am newly diagnosed and I know alot of people rely on their faith for support and find great peace with that, however I am a atheist and was wondering if anyone else here was also.

thanks

Dx 1/7/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 288 of 875 (8,744 results)

Mar 9, 2011 01:57PM - edited Aug 10, 2012 05:03PM by del4

This Post was deleted by del4.

Mar 9, 2011 02:02PM socallisa wrote:

this is for quiet contemplation

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Mar 9, 2011 02:06PM Bren-2007 wrote:

I'm not a Pagan, but I did read Day's thread and found it interesting.  They have a lot of rituals and I would have a hard time with that.

Someone posted about pantheism awhile back .. and I probably fall into that category more than any other one.

Lisa .. love the vivid pink!

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Bren

Mar 9, 2011 03:35PM Maya2 wrote:

Better now, after seeing Lisa's contemplative photo. Aaaahhh. Right before bed for me. Good timing.

Mar 10, 2011 08:03AM - edited Aug 10, 2012 05:04PM by del4

This Post was deleted by del4.

Mar 10, 2011 10:25AM socallisa wrote:

I one great thing I have found as I became older is to agree to disagree..

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Mar 12, 2011 09:14PM luv_gardening wrote:

Confirmation for me that Buddhism already knows what scientists are still discovering.

MANY OF BUDDHISM'S CORE TENETS SIGNIFICANTLY OVERLAP WITH FINDINGS FROM MODERN NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSCIENCE. SO HOW DID BUDDHISM COME CLOSE TO GETTING THE BRAIN RIGHT? 

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2011 11:36AM flannelette wrote:

Sheila - by actual experience. That was what the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, "learned" when he sat under the bodhi-tree until he became enlightened. but so have countless others, only they didn't become the world's great teachers. jesus certainly did. He had the same enlightenment...only most have what he said was so eventually so twisted and distorted we no longer understood what he meant. And there are thousands of others. that experience is open to everyone. i believe it "happened" to Eckhart Tolle. it is an understanding of reality, but not from the conscious learned contents of our brains. it is another kind of understanding, which comes from rediscovering that you have never been disconnedted from the intelligence and love of the universe. and I am convinced it is real. Because I've been close to there there, for only a moment, myself. The Buddha exorted everyone to work out their own salvation with diligence. Buddhsim does not depend on "faith". It strives for individual experience, so you KNOW.  but when formal "religions" get their hands on the truth as provided by learned others - look out! it is turned into scary dogma and used for other purposes.

Dx 7/2008, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/29/2008 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/30/2008 CEF Radiation Therapy 1/9/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/14/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 7/19/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Dx 7/20/2012, 0/6 nodes

Mar 13, 2011 08:04PM luv_gardening wrote:

Hi, Arlene, 

That's not my question, it's the title of the article in the link. If you click the link you'll see what I mean.

I do believe Jesus was enlightened but his message was misunderstood and twisted to suit the beliefs of the writers. Buddha's message has also been ignored in part as Buddhists are so attached to their rules and rituals which he warned against. I read or listen to the words of enlightened people every day.  Mooji is my favourite but also many others, dead and alive. I also listen to some ordinary enlightened people on a you tube channel called "Buddha at the Gas Pump" and a similar site who's name I've forgotten.  I've also followed the teachings of Esther Hicks for more than ten years.  She doesn't claim enlightenment but does converse with her higher self who she calls Abraham.

I believe there are degrees of enlightenment and many stop when they first feel at one with all, and don't continue the process. 

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 13, 2011 10:07PM 3jaysmom wrote:

thanks, notself, for the reminder. im the one i have to start with.. which im always painfully reminded of!!(not by you) by my stupid reactions to others..    3jays

3jaysmom Chemotherapy 4/20/2009 Dx DCIS, 2cm, Stage IIB, 1/27 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 288 of 875 (8,744 results)

Scroll to top button