Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bonfire of the Goddesses

jo1955
jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Comments

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

Hadley - I can't take all the credit.  Nancy91355 had the original idea.  She asked me to start this so we could have the picture at the top.

Hang out with us - this should be fun. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited January 2011

I'm tossing in my almost empty tube of skin numbing cream that I used on my port before getting stuck each chemo treatment.  I've been saving it for some reason, but I think it's hardened to the point of no longer being viable.  I have my never used wig too-since it's not real hair it shouldn't stink right?  Oh, and my Susan Love Breast Cancer book.  Cracked it open once-scared me too much to read!  That's not a lot of fuel, but it can burn, virtually, for a looooooooooooooong time!

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

Eph - We have got to get this baby started somehow and every little bit helps the cause. 

I am throwing in all the literature the rad nurse gave me about their support groups, zumba dance class and about their facility.  Don't ever want to go back there again.

• Alyad
    Alyad Member Posts: 174
    edited January 2011

Can I throw in the stupid cancer binder I got when diagnosed? and all my doo-rags (acutally planning to donate those tho), I still have a bunch of creams and stuff left over from rads- things in my medicine cabinet- stool softner, heartburn meds, special mouthwashes

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

Bad attitudes from rad oncs, unscented soap, Aquaphor sample tubes and a partially used tube of Topicort and the next person who asks me how I am doing and has a pitiful look on their face.

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

Nancy - OK!  So will I.  I had a major whine fest there too.

Good Night My Friend 

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    edited January 2011

Yeppers...I have all the "Welcome to Cancer 101" swag too...heck, I think they even charged my insurance for some of it!  I'm chucking it all into the bonfire too!  

I still have rads to do, so I'm keeping my "whiney-ness" for a bit longer!  I'm sure the fire will still be burning when I"m done..so I'll toss it in then!

LOVE THIS THREAD!

Tori

DE COLORES! 

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited January 2011

I already threw away so much and it was recently.

I still have the brand new pink shirts but I cant donate and throwing in the bon fireUndecided

(((jo)))

• Anjanita
    Anjanita Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2011

This must be the spot!

Looks like you've got a pretty good blaze going now.  Are all of us finished?  If so, I'll add my silly purple slippers to the pile. Any more dancing from here out will be done in more stylish attire.

Not to worry about the whining.  Seems it's what a person needs to do until they don't need to do it anymore.  I suspect I haven't hit that spot yet.  If so, I don't mind keeping the door open for when it's my turn. Wink

The whole works of you look just like goddesses tonight.  Ya do!

• Anjanita
    Anjanita Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2011

What I get for posting without more careful reading.  'scuse, Tori, for missing the part about your rads.

I'll expect hearing a very fine whine.  Maybe also some cheese and crackers?

Edit:  I've grabbed a branch and am pulling my purples out of the cinders before they get singed.  (Gotta wear 'em for the Tori dance.)

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    edited January 2011

I'll throw in the info pack I received from the local bc support group (could just never get myself there) and the bright green crocs I wore to all the bc appointments and surgeries (can't bear to wear them now so no use hoarding!)

• jw523
    jw523 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011

Hey sisters  - I will add all the bras, tank tops and t-shirts I bought for after surgery and during Rads that I thought would be so comfortable but weren't. 

My make up bag filled with cornstarch, wipes, miaderm samples, a comb, calendula cream and deodorant that I used for the past 9 weeks and never want to look at again. 

Also my 3 full tubes of aloe vera (how did I keep buying that stuff!? Am I a cream hoarder?)

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

I want to throw in all the bras that got soaked with Aquaphor and are now stained with purple ink from rads.

Anjanita - Hope you were able to save the purple slippers.

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited January 2011

I've been waiting for this moment and just cleaned out my closets this weekend. Let me add all the cutsie pink ribbon $h!t I got from everyone (there is so much!), the "How to heal Yourself" CD set, the past-their-expiration date vitamins and supplements I bought because someone suggested they would keep the cancer from recurring, and post-implant bras. As well as all "the looks" (you know what I'm talking about!)

Wow, I feel better.

Bring on the marshmallows!!!!

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

AnneW - Welcome to our group.  Good place to hang out and get rid of all the crap.   Also for all you in the cold temps, good place to gather around the fire and stay warm.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited January 2011

I'll add all the requests for donations that have started to come to my mailbox since I donated to the ACS (they were helpful and I was grateful).  I am on a list now - so I'll add something every other week to the fire!

Trish

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    edited January 2011

I'd add my green sharpie stained bra (from rads markings 'cause i passed on getting the tattoos) to the bonfire, but that got torched the day I finished rads.  I'll start tossing my empty Tamox. bottles in.  That should give you a steady supply of fuel for the next four years!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    edited January 2011
    BTW, jo, I LOVE the thread title.  Burn, baby, burn.
  • jo1955
    edited January 2011

Elimar just reminded me.  I want to toss in the Armidex and Femara bottles.  Those did not work for me and I just assume get rid of them.

• Letlet
    Letlet Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2011

Binders with pages of SE of Adriamycin, Taxol, Cyclophosphamide....this will keep the fire going for an hour or so. Then we move on to Neulasta..

oh and how about the mountain of EOB's from the insurance company...okay...2 more hours of fuel...

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

Let's add all the doctor bills.  

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited January 2011

The other day I ran across the "planner" they gave me at beginning of tx.  Something to read and write all my appointments in.  It's about 3/4" thick, should burn pretty well.

• jo1955
    edited January 2011

I had a ton of paperwork that was given to me when I went for my pre op. That should be tossed.

• Ellie1959
    Ellie1959 Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2011

I have a boatload of stuff too - Pink is my favorite color but enough is enough - chemo blanket- check, ugly hats- check, stupid books - check, comment from the lady who said "I am surprised you made it this far........,", check. I may not be able to quit whining completely but I am DONE feeling sorry for myself........,

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited January 2011

Here is my old bras, under wire mastectomy bra (who came  up with that idea?)  My TE cards and booklet since I am not going to use them.  Gona keep my wig for now, may donate it.  All the pamplets from all the dr visits that have I have no use of. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2011

I threw my bras out the night before my masts, sorry! They were HUGE and would have burned for HOURS!!!!!! So I'll just throw in my 2 hoodies that I fortuitously bought with pockets that held the drains for almost 3 weeks!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited January 2011

Along with all the books, fliers, pamphlets, anything with a pink ribbon or "for the cure" on it, window stickers, creams, lotions, the bras that didn't work, the stained shirts, I'll toss all the invitations to come to support groups, seminars, look good feel good presentations and so on (all held in the evening of course) at a location 90 miles from here--and 70 miles from the clinic!

• Karenp62
    Karenp62 Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2011

Here are the heavy prosthesis I received from the American Cancer Society (not that I didn't appreciate them). They were soooo heavy they stretch the mastectomy bra.

Karen

• cathmg
    cathmg Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2011

Love it!

Throwing onto the blaze: my old stained-after-surgery bathrobe, zillions of dr's appointment cards, bill and insurance eobs, the letter that said my mammogram was NORMAL, my old bras, all the bc books and pamphlets, the OTC meds for chemo side effects, my mood/sleep log kept during the clinical depression I was in...

Would like to throw in the folks who told me to "think positive", but I guess I'll spare them, along with that unfeeling witch of a surgeon.

Thanks, I feel better!

CAt

• Letlet
    Letlet Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2011

unfortunately I can't burn my button down and zip shirts. i still live in them since my mastectomy. Forget about turtlenecks. I don't think I can ever wear them anymore.