We are 197,866 members in 81 forums discussing 145,397 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Moving Beyond Cancer → Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 06:28PM

Laurie08 wrote:

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on what we are having, making or had for dinner.  Sometimes it is the best tuna steak you ever had, sometimes it's a can of soup.  But we all do it every night in some form or another.  Maybe we can give each other ideas on what to make, or bitch about what we had, or the fact that we did enjoy that grilled cheese with tomato soup. 

Every night my husband comes home and says "whats for dinner?"  no matter what I say he always says "sounds good!"  even if I say it's a 'fend for yourself night'. :)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1061 of 1,063 (31,884 results)

Posts 31801 - 31830 (31,884 total)

Dec 6, 2017 12:15AM - edited Dec 6, 2017 03:34PM by ChiSandy

We have the tree and decorations up, but that's about it. Haven't sent cards in years--thanks to being busy with the show this time of year (a week earlier this time so there goes my excuse). Haven't shopped and have no desire to get anything for myself. I will probably make charitable donations in the name of friends & family for charities for which they are likely to give moral but can't afford monetary support. We go to friends for Christmas dinner the day after opening presents Christmas Eve (Bob's patients and staff do give gifts), drinking glögg (brought in from a tavern in the nearby formerly-Swedish Andersonville neighborhood) and torching a plum pudding at midnight to the strains of a holiday rock mixtape. But dinner may be bittersweet--our friends' son (born a week before Gordy) is getting married in June and moving to Seattle; and Gordy will probably be texting his girlfriend all through the meal (she'll be down in Houston with her folks and he will fly down and join her for New Year's). This might be the last Christmas dinner with both of the boys present...or maybe they and their SOs will fly back here from Seattle & Houston.

Gordy & his friend Andy were born 8 days apart--Andy's mom & I got pregnant a month apart (Andy arrived precisely on his predicted due date), but Gordy was a preemie. Bob, Kathy & her husband (also a Bob), and I all went to Bradley childbirth classes together. (Kathy, her Bob & I were the nucleus of a band that started as an acoustic trio and ended up a full 5-piece rock band).

Tonight was cast-iron-seared grass-fed ribeye (insanely well-marbled and done perfectly mid-rare), with balsamic Brussels sprouts and a Greek salad.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 6, 2017 10:23AM carolehalston wrote:

I just caught up on three pages of conversation.

SpecialK, sympathetic thoughts for your family as all of you deal with the illness of your MIL.

Cherry, I enjoy your posts and admire your spirit as you undergo chemo.

Eric, it's nice to share your retirement leisure.

We have been eating. Friday night was pan seared catfish and a big pot of fresh mustard greens seasoned with pickled pork. Also corn bread. The greens were delicious. Saturday night was linguini with home-made tomato sauce and a tossed salad. Sunday night was take-out pizza. Monday night was left-over greens and red beans and rice, the beans cooked by dh, the meat seasoning smoked turkey sausage. Last night was left-over beans and tossed salad.

Tonight may be pan-seared scallops with steamed broccoli and a salad, if I can venture out and buy the scallops.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 6, 2017 10:36AM SpecialK wrote:

carole - thanks, appreciate the good thoughts.

I am making my first gingerbread house - baked the house parts with a friend - one for her, one for me - man, did we make a mess - flour everywhere! She has a new wide plank floor and it has tiny grooves - eeesh! On my hands and knees getting flour out of the grooves, lol! DD and I put the house together night before last - required a lot of frosting spackle and I am glad I had two sets of hands. I need to make one more run to the store to get a few more supplies and will decorate today - I will post a pic when done. Wish me luck!

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 14 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Dec 6, 2017 01:45PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Decided to make French toast and bacon for dinner tonight.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Dec 6, 2017 03:38PM ChiSandy wrote:

Haven't decided whether tonight will be a choucroute garnie or pasta with fresh tomato-basil salsa cruda (two of the store-bought tomatoes were delivered with splits in the skin). I've discovered that packaged basil does just fine outside the fridge with a paper towel inserted in the plastic box to absorb moisture. And my housekeeper brought her herbs inside last year, only to develop an ant infestation. So it looks like it's gonna be pick-and-freeze for mine.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 6, 2017 05:10PM bedo wrote:

Nime chow, sweet and sour soup and beer. The main cooking I'll be doing in the next few days is salt dough for Christmas ornaments with tiny Charlie and my friend's grand kids They will be inedible but pretty.

Dec 6, 2017 05:51PM - edited Dec 7, 2017 02:26AM by Cherry-sw

Beouf burgignon tonight with a green sallad and oven- baked brussel sprouts with diced sweet potato, broccoli and red onions. Now, I did not separated the sauce in beouf burgingnon to make it thicker so it got all this wattery. Next time am reducing the sauce before I am serving it. Otherwise it was delicious, I served ric to it

Dx 6/28/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 7/17/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 8/20/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/20/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Dec 6, 2017 08:29PM queenmomcat wrote:

Cherry-sw: now my computer screen is all damp and sticky. (Salmon with pesto spread is one of my favorite recipes; just spread and bake.)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 8/31/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 6, 2017 10:09PM illimae wrote:

French toast and bacon, yum!

Tonight I was deep into a jigsaw puzzle, so dinner was a fish taco leftover from lunch, a strip of beef jerky, some cashews and a few sections of a toblerone bar.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 6, 2017 11:01PM MinusTwo wrote:

I had thick vegetable barley soup for lunch. I'll be enjoying Eric's dinner tonight - popcorn.

Bedo - so glad to see you back. The salt dough ornaments will be fun. Haven't made salt dough since my kiddo was little, but my Mother used to make it for us to play with every time we were sick. No such thing as Play Doh in those far off times.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Dec 7, 2017 01:06AM eric95us wrote:

Tonight it was the last of the chicken & peanut sauce. Tomorrow I'm going to be in Sharon's classroom helping with robotics and I get home too late to do much cooking, so tomorrow will be the remainder of the salmon. I haven't decided what to do for Friday.

I did some trail running today; 4 miles in 45 minutes. The elevation gain gain of the trail route was 500 feet (150 meters) and I was really breathing hard. 35 years ago, I would run the same route in under 24 minutes and be able to carry on a conversation while doing it.

Age..sigh. :-)

husband of slawson

Dec 7, 2017 02:11AM ChiSandy wrote:

Whole-grain spaghetti primavera with truffle oil & Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Dec 7, 2017 02:42AM - edited Dec 7, 2017 02:53AM by Cherry-sw

queenmomcat, mine two) I tried many different and even tapenade and the best one so far was sundried tomatoes pesto. It has been a while I have checked IKEA's grocery store but before they had this pesto and we never got tired.

carolehalston, cooking brings normalcy into my life, I get to hang here with you, I wake up in the morning planning what we are going to eat or what do we need to buy from grocery store. So it is not only about chemo, mirror looks and blood work, there is enough of it already. I always liked to cook, well, since I got married, in the beginning I cooked something pretty unedible, have no idea how my husband and my stepson ate it but I learnt later. To cook with a glas of wine in weekend was my thing. No wine now though. But I am learning American cuisine, I am excited)

Eric, what this school would do without you? You drive the bus, you help at class room, you take care of Sharon. About running, I know, 5 km that my husband and I powerwalked in 40-45 min six months ago, now it takes me 1 h 20 min and uphil I am breathing that I can hardly see the road. I really hope it is going to change, I so miss my runs.

Checking my posts an extra time for grammar, it seems auto-correction changes the words even though I already did it. Several words in my yesterday post were changed to something Swedish.

My husband has a Christmas party at work so it will be me and the girls. Eldest and will eat the leftovers for lunch and then either cook the pelmeni-dumplings mom stuffed freezer with or will order sushi. Youngest does not eat sushi so her option will be either home-made dumplings or the dumplings from the sushi place.

Mom is flying home today, my dad's analyses came back with tremendously elevated PSA value, he is scheduledfor biopsy next week. It is all very frustrating.

Cherry

Dx 6/28/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 7/17/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 8/20/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/20/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Dec 7, 2017 09:49AM carolehalston wrote:

Mommyof2, did you finish your chemo? How are you getting along?

Eric, your lament about your running time sounds like boasting to me! LOL! When I walk on the treadmill at the gym, there are younger folks running up and down the line of treadmills. They don't even check their heartbeat rates like we older folks do. My claim to fame is that I sweat more than the average person.

I have a prospective buyer for my home gym which sits unused in our "gym." I advertised it on Craig's List. I'm hoping this couple want it. It's large and heavy and will have to be disassembled.

Tonight is the Woodworkers' Guild Christmas dinner at an event place. The buffet food is edible but not exciting. There is always a ham and a roast beef and the server gives the impression that he is taking the leftovers home and doesn't want to slice off any more than he's forced to do. Just for the heck of it, I ask for a 2nd paper-thin slice of beef.

Cherry, how did you get so familiar with Persian food? Did I mention that my dh and I visited Sweden years ago and stayed in the homes of two Swedish couples we met in the Caribbean on a sailing vacation? One couple in Gothenburg took us for a wonderful sail on their sailboat. We also enjoyed a canal cruise from Gothenburg to Stockholm and visited the factory that makes the Dalarna horses and also toured a glass factory and a couple of pottery factories. We brought home crystal and pottery and a wooden horse that we still value.

The other couple who lived in a town whose name I can't recall owned a brush factory.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 7, 2017 10:02AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Still doing chemo. So far so good

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired! Dx 3/27/2013, Paget's, Left, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 3/27/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 4/15/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 9/26/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/29/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/22/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Dec 7, 2017 01:15PM - edited Dec 7, 2017 03:50PM by Cherry-sw

carolehalston, I think you have mentioned your trip to Sweden, but the brush factory sort of startle me. Have you by any chance stayed in Bankeryd at Damberg's who used to own Anza AB? There are though a few more manufacturers ofbrushes in Bankeryd while Anza being the largest. I al just curious. I hope you liked Sweden. I used to be married to a native Iranian who immigrated to Sweden in 70-ies. His extensive family is here and they have large families) I got married when I was 21 and he was a widower with a ten-year-old boy. I have fried meatballs that bad I have no idea how they ate those, but I learnt. Since my ex' mom also lived in Stockholm, I used to visit, that woman had and still has the sweetest temper, she used to cook, I found it facinating, I was asking questions, she did not speak any English so I learnt how to cook Persian cuisine and learnt the language. I still maintain it even though we have divorced seventeen years ago, still cook Persian food and have Iranian friends and co-workers to talk to. Cherry

Dec 7, 2017 08:40PM eric95us wrote:

Hi. Mommy. I hope the chemo is working perfectly and "being kind".

Carole, for my disaster response job, I have to pass the same test as the wild land fire fighters--walk (running is not allowed) 3 miles/4.8Km in less than 45 minutes while wearing a 45lb/20kg backpack. It is harder than it seems. I was at a national guard post getting tested and an older gentleman came up to ask if he could give it a try. We did it in 40 minutes. The older gentleman, an 80 year old retired US Army colonel, did it in 42 minutes.

Cherry, while attending university, cooking started out as a chore but that slowly changed. My college girlfriend had 3 roommates, while I lived alone, so she would usually end up studying at my place. This set us up to cook dinners, but neither of us really knew what we were doing in the kitchen. We didn't quite catch water on fire, but I'm sure we came close. My next door neighbors were elderly retired restaurant owners and they were very skilled chefs. With their help, my girlfriend and I learned enough that not only did we come to enjoy cooking together, but our friends would accept more than one dinner invitation. :-)

Tonight, neither Sharon nor I are hungry, so I don't know if we're even going to eat. Tomorrow I'm going to see if a skillet and a dutch oven partially filled with water will work as a panini press. I guess it's a "cooking meets engineering" thing. :-)

husband of slawson

Dec 7, 2017 09:18PM illimae wrote:

Tonight was leftover veggies with oven roasted butternut squash and a grilled turkey burger topped with provolone and avocado. Looks like I left th butternut in a little too long.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 7, 2017 11:10PM MinusTwo wrote:

Lunch was one slice of pizza in the Medical Center. Dinner was a goodly portion of herring marinated in sour cream right out of the jar. So I wouldn't eat the entire jar, I cut a bunch of Jarlsberg cheese into matchsticks and took it in the living room with my wine.

Tomorrow a friend and I are going back to the Indian buffet at the Hare Krishna temple. It's so cold for Houston that I only wanted big piles of spaghetti, but she's trying to lose more weight before her trip to Abu Dhabi for the holidays. 43 when I left the house this morning. Only 44 when I got home this afternoon. And nasty, blowing rain all day. At least we didn't have the sleet/snow flurries predicted before 9am So glad I got the plumarias dug up last week.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Dec 8, 2017 05:43AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Looks like soup and sandwiches for tonight.

Dec 8, 2017 04:38PM ChiSandy wrote:

Short day & early night for Bob, but snow is expected by 9pm. So going out to dinner, on foot--but not too far. Probably Ethiopian Diamond just down the block, especially since I have a mani appt. tomorrow so I don't mind turning my nails & cuticles yellow from using my hands to scoop up food with pieces of injera bread (actually more like a pancake).

Dec 8, 2017 10:43PM MinusTwo wrote:

Snow - yup SNOW in Houston. Only 35 times since 1895. It was snowing light flakes when I went to bed but I never expected it to stick. There was at least an inch on the roof & fences & grass - and my poor roses & elephant ears & shrimp plants. It was gone by noon, but what a surprise. Indian lunch delicious. I really like the Tahini salad dressing and the Tamarind chutney.

Dec 8, 2017 11:50PM eric95us wrote:

Snow? Is that the cold white stuff? :-)

husband of slawson

Dec 9, 2017 01:14AM Lacey12 wrote:

Minus...I was thinking of you with the snow reports in Texas. That’s a blessing tho compared to the Cali fires. Spoke with my brother and SIL in Thousand Oaks last night. She seems to think that they are immune to having their house catch fire since they are in a neighborhood, not on a brush laden hill. I hope she's right, but it sure seems like neighborhoods have gone up in flames, too. Not very experienced with such fires, so what do I know!

Eric, will you be deployed for this latest natural disaster, or are you retired from all of your former duties?

I must try pesto on my salmon...sounds delicious.

Tonight we just had cheese and crackers after our walk and then big bowls of kale soup. It was quite enough.

Carole, I got a kick out of your second slice of beef “act out”. LOL

This afternoon during our walk through town we stopped at the Masons’ Christmas Tree sale and selected a small tree along with a wreath. DH returned after our walk with the car to pick up both....if we were to own a wagon, we could have been very up country-like and wheeled our purchases home those few miles! So tomorrow we will decorate a bit, and I will edit our holiday letter, and will then make a meal for my next door neighbor who will be returning home from surgery on Sunday. I decided to make kale soup, crusty bread, mac and cheese (mainly for their ten year old sons), salad, and brownies for dessert. Nothing special...but good for a wintery day meal.

Bedo, nice to hear from you....I am guesssing that you are enjoying grandparenting now

Mommy of two, glad to hear that your chemo is being gentle on you.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Dec 9, 2017 10:15AM illimae wrote:

I’m doing crockpot shredded chicken tacos for tonight, last night was Chinese delivery because I didn’t want to cook. The snow was awesome! This is a pic of the playground in my neighborhood yesterday, it was beautiful.

Dec 9, 2017 11:25AM eric95us wrote:

I'm on call this month, so it's possible. But I think it unlikely that I would be sent to California.

I'm hope I just didn't jinx things. :-)

husband of slawson

Dec 9, 2017 12:36PM MinusTwo wrote:

Illimae - thanks for posting the great picture. Much better that what I shot in my back yard.

Dinner tonight with my SIL at the Raven Grill before a Mercury Baroque concert featuring the Corelli Christmas Concerto and several selections from Bach & Mozart. My favorite meal at this restaurant is the rainbow trout, but with this cold weather I may order their delicious pot roast - heavy on the wine and served in a deep bowl. Many downtown venues are still closed after Hurricane Harvey including the home of Houston Grand Opera and the Houston Ballet. This concert hall won't open again until next fall. Tonight's concert has been moved to Rice University - always a lovely place to visit with the winding pathways and pervasive oak trees.

Dec 9, 2017 12:46PM MinusTwo wrote:

Sandy: read a restaurant review in "The Week" for Nico Osteria in Chicago about all the things that have changed in the 4 years they've been open. I'm enamoured with the description of the halibut: "Among the mains, the veal breast and langoustine might be the most intriguing dish, pulling off an unlikely protein paring with the help of seared apples. But the halibut entree is even better - 'a masterpiece of subtle flavors' produced by poaching a great piece of fish in the equivalent of a white Negroni cocktail." That's surely an old fashioned drink!!

Dec 9, 2017 09:32PM eric95us wrote:

I've seen snow at the house I was living....twice in my lifetime. Age 7 and 18. The first time was 8 or so inches and the 2nd time was about 2 inches (according to my grandmother's diary). Our dog, Gus, a Norwegian Elkhound, was about 4 years old when I was 7. I remember him excitedly running, jumping and rolling around in the snow.

I fixed the Volvo today. The problem was a failing pulley that is supposed to keep the engine timing belt tight. We were lucky. Had the pulley completely failed, the engine would have been damaged beyond repair. All is good now and I shouldn't have to worry for another 70,000 miles/110,000km. By then I would likely need to overhaul the engine. The weather was pleasant--68F/20C--and it is actually a pretty easy thing to complete.

I made my dutch oven and a grill-pan into a panini press. The combination looks strange on the stove, but it worked quite nicely. I had to fill the dutch oven about 1/4 full of water to get it to press enough. I used thousand-lsland salad dressing, thin slices of Swiss cheese, thin slices of turkey and some spinach (it's what I had) with my sourdough bread. Best of all, it only took about 15 minutes to make, cook and serve.

Lacey, I'm just retired from Verizon....I'm still doing the other 2 jobs, but they are intermittent jobs. With the savings we have, the financial advisor said we could have retired five years ago....after hearing that, I could not justify spending 3 hours a day in the car. Had they allowed telecommuting, I would likely still be there because the job was interesting. They had layoffs on November 17 and after just getting back from military leave, I likely would not have been laid off, so if nothing else, I probably saved someone else from getting "the axe".

husband of slawson

Dec 10, 2017 03:48AM ChiSandy wrote:

Awoke to 1/2" of snow--what's amazing is that thus far in 2017, Chicago has seen less snow than Houston, Mobile, San Antonio, Birmingham or Jackson, MS.

Page 1061 of 1,063 (31,884 results)