We are 212,260 members in 82 forums discussing 151,836 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 06:28PM

Laurie08 wrote:

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on what we are having, making or had for dinner.  Sometimes it is the best tuna steak you ever had, sometimes it's a can of soup.  But we all do it every night in some form or another.  Maybe we can give each other ideas on what to make, or bitch about what we had, or the fact that we did enjoy that grilled cheese with tomato soup. 

Every night my husband comes home and says "whats for dinner?"  no matter what I say he always says "sounds good!"  even if I say it's a 'fend for yourself night'. :)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1113 of 1,134 (34,011 results)

Posts 33361 - 33390 (34,011 total)

Jul 14, 2018 12:16AM ChiSandy wrote:

"Tunnel of Love" and "Human Touch" are two of my favorite Bruce songs--I always think of them as sort of related despite being 5 years apart. I think the "Tunnel" tour was the only one I missed since beginning with "Born in the USA" the summer I was pregnant with Gordy. (He likes to say that was his first Bruce concert). QTIPs and Estate & Gift Taxation? Mine eyes glazeth over (taxation & finance were my least favorite subjects in law school).

Made avocado toast this morning--was able to hack some cilantro & shallot into a semblace of a "mince." Sliced tomato and basil on top. Another successful egg-cracking, producing the fried egg that topped it. Messy eating but yummy. Dinner was leftover fish & chips; steamed some skinny asparagus and marinated them in citrus vinaigrette, seasoned with Penzey's Pico Frutta spice.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 14, 2018 01:31AM auntienance wrote:

Carole - I'm so glad your mom is doing well. I've been thinking a lot about my dad this week and missing him.

Sandy - good job healing!

DH and I both worked outside in the intense heat and humidity today. I ended up too exhausted to cook much so it was toasted ravioli and marinara from the freezer with a side of tomatoes from the garden mixed with some sliced cucumber, onion and green pepper from the farmers' market. It was dressed with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkled with basil from the herb bed. It has been so hot and dry that all but a couple of my cucumbers have been bitter so I'm forced to buy them elsewhere. We're fortunate to have an excellent produce stand in town where I'll be heading tomorrow for some more sweet corn. I really think I'm done with gardening here. When we moved here 20 years ago, it used to rain in the summer. Not any more. We've lost a number of trees due to drought conditions and gardening is just frustrating. I could never ever be a farmer.

Another excruciatingly hot day tomorrow so I'll be working indoors cleaning out under sink cabinets which seem to breed "stuff" behind those closed doors.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 14, 2018 09:43AM carolehalston wrote:

My food intake yesterday was not interesting enough to report. Minus would say, "Yuck!" Today I'll buy lunch for my mother and myself at Crabby Shack. I'm thinking I'll have a salad topped with fried shrimp. Maybe Caesar salad. For her I'll get a fried shrimp meal. The problem is the side. She doesn't care much for fries, the usual side. Their potato salad is chunky and for her potato salad is mashed potato salad. I don't think baked potatoes are on the menu. Oh, well. She'll enjoy the shrimp.

She has gained weight at the nursing home, thanks to eating three meals a day. When she lived in her house, she never ate that many meals. They serve her supper in bed since she gets into bed by 3 or 4 pm.

The strange thing about being home alone is the quiet. The only tv service is in the living room, operating off an antenna in the attic. We turned off our Direct tv service for the summer. I play the radio very loud, also in the living room, tuned to NPR, when I'm in the other parts of house. There was a time when I didn't mind quiet but living with dh all these years has changed me.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 14, 2018 07:27PM ChiSandy wrote:

Getting pretty bored. When caught up online and w/e-mail, and done taliking with friends, pretty much all there is to do is ice, eat & nap. Anything productive or calorie-burning is too risky--don't want to chance another fall; and getting into my front-hook bra today may have taken a bit too much traction on the part of my L fingers. Weighed myself--b'bye, starch. Gonna sear scallops and broccolini for dinner, with fruit or ricotta for dessert.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 14, 2018 10:02PM CeliaC wrote:

Hello, all. Enjoying reading about your yummy foods. Sandy - Glad to hear you are on the mend - Scallops and broccolini sound great. Made some chicken salad with tomatoes and cukes earlier today - craving cold foods due to the extreme heat in the greater Cincinnati area.

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/21/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 15, 2018 04:35AM ChiSandy wrote:

Decided on snap peas instead of broccolini. Also made a Caesar salad, and Bob brought home seared ahi & calamari apps. So we had lots of seafood & veggies tonight.

Jul 15, 2018 03:02PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Burgers on the grill, corn on the cob and baked bean

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Jul 15, 2018 03:15PM auntienance wrote:

I know it's Sunday, not Monday, but I'm craving red beans and rice. I have some leftover brown rice that I'll use up. Some sliced tomatoes from the garden and a baguette with garlic butter will be sides.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 15, 2018 04:51PM ChiSandy wrote:

Last night I gave in to the Dark Side--a scoop of double dark chocolate gelato with a squirt of whipped cream. (Had to give Happy a dollop of the latter). The One-Armed Chef made herself brunch today: a bastardized version of chilaquiles (scrambled eggs with chopped red bell, poblano and cubanelle peppers, topped with Frontera salsa verde & crema atop a bed of stale WF tequila-lime tortilla chips), guacamole toast, and magnificently ripe red heirloom tomato slices with Maldon flake salt. Bob had already gone out for steak & eggs and "poinsettia" cocktails (prosecco topped with cranberry juice to taste). I'm sipping grapefruit-melon seltzer--might add a dollp of grenadine. We have some leftover ahi & calamari from last night--might grill a small steak and broccolini to go with it for dinner. (Or go out to Cellars for dinner and World Cup final--I know the result but Bob is trying to avoid finding out. Lest anyone here be similarly inclined, I will forego the spoiler).

Jul 15, 2018 06:29PM Icietla wrote:

Fried scallops (plain bay scallops fried in olive oil) on fried rice (brown rice with scrambled eggs, carrots, onions, garlic, green and red peppers, and zucchini, fried in canola oil and tumbled with Nori Komi Furikake).

My latest (Stage IV) diagnosis is almost certainly of another distant primary type. To the best of my information and belief, I am still apparently what we call NED as to breast cancer, doubtless thanks to Letrozole. Dx 2/12/2016, ILC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2016 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 4/25/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 8/2018, Stage IV

Jul 15, 2018 10:18PM eric95us wrote:

Tonight (and it will be the same the rest of the week) was college cafeteria food. Sharon is attending a bluegrass music "camp" in west Texas and I came along "just because".

It is OK, but I'm glad that when I was in college, I lived in a house and learned how to cook for myself.

husband of slawson

Jul 16, 2018 01:55AM ChiSandy wrote:

Bob went to En Lai (pan-Asian) around the corner and brought home shrimp chap chae, chicken fried rice, stir-fried veggies in brown sauce, Genreal Tso's chicken (not a fan), BBQ chicken satays, hot & sour soup, and Vietnamese summer rolls. I'm not nuts about the place's take on Chinese because everything seems to be in gloppy too-sweet brown sauce; and in a city (and neighborhood) this diverse with a huge Asian population, there's no excuse for stir-frying only American veggies. Their chap chae is the best, though--if only they had Korean chicken wings & legs I'd be a very happy camper (the Korean joints up here have bibim bap and bulgogi but no chap chae). My fridge runneth over.

Jul 16, 2018 03:27PM MinusTwo wrote:

I had a wonderful weekend with my BFF (Pat - who Lacey & Susan met in Boston). She flew down from Dallas Friday. She's juggling two houses as she's tried to help her grown daughter through a series of nasty & so-far unsuccessful surgeries over the last 18 months. We went from the airport to Brio in the Woodlands and had the late lunch specials at 3pm. We both had a delicious wedge salad. My main was Shrimp Risotto, she had Chicken Milanese. And of course a ton of their wonderful bread. Friday night we stayed at her place in Arlington so she could check on her house & mail for the last 2 months. At some point they had lost power & it blew the compressor on the freezer. Everything had melted and even seeped out onto the floor. Peeuew!! Thanks heavens there wasn't any fish & not too much meat. We got the old freezer out into the garage, but it was still nasty to clean up the room. And of course there was also a smoke detector beeping, which required a 10 ft ladder to change the battery.

Saturday we drove to downtown Houston and checked into the Hilton 'Inn of the Americas' over by the ball park. Town was mobbed with fans for the Astro's games. Her niece's son was getting married in the historic Church of the Annunciation (1869 is very old for Houston). A shuttle took us from the hotel to the wedding and then to the Parador - an old hacienda style reception hall south of town. Open bar & appetizers while we waited for the wedding party pictures - delicious things like coconut shrimp on skewers, also skewers of a tiny circles of toast topped with a cherry tomato wrapped in bacon, and fried plantains and chimichurri sauce. Dinner was catered by Michael Cordura - a renowned South American chef - can't remember the names but there was both a beef dish & a chicken breast, nice salad, rice, and excellent vegetables. There was a DJ and since there were lots of little ones for the 2:30 wedding, everyone danced alone, together, with the kids, etc. I was so glad to see Pat out dancing with everyone. This is the first wedding she's been to since her husband died in 2015, not to mention the first time she's danced. The bar stayed open from 4pm - 9pm. Oh my - the wines & whatever mixed drinks you wanted. The bride was drinking Moscow Mules. The groom was drinking Wild Turkey 101 and sprite. (??)

Sunday afternoon we went from the hotel to Stages Theatre to see 'Ring of Fire' - a great musical 'guitar play' about the life & music of Johnny Cash. Then ate at old Pappa's Seafood, where Pat and her husband used to eat - more memories. Fresh wild caught halibut was just in so we both had that sauteed - Pat's with brown better & mine with lemon & olive oil. And more good bread. She spent last night at my house & I just dropped her off at the airport at noon. Needless to say we did NOT eat breakfast. I'm not sure when I'll ever eat again. And the 3lbs I gained confirms that. Geez - a pound a day. I did stop at the store on the way home & picked up a small sushi roll for later.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 18, 2018 12:09PM MinusTwo wrote:

OK - my post was so long I scared everyone off? No one is eating because it's too hot? I can't remember when we ever went 2 days without a post.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 18, 2018 12:36PM eric95us wrote:

Still college cafeteria food here.

The last time I was here, DD was 6 months old, so it's been awhile! This time I'm exploring the place at lot more and have found it a fun place. I love the library and today I'm going to go to the science/engineering building to look around.

It's been cool enough and there's enough grass (softer for running) that I've been running 3-4 miles each day.

husband of slawson

Jul 18, 2018 03:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

Eric - what college is it? Sounds great to have grass in 'west' Texas.

Jul 18, 2018 04:05PM eric95us wrote:

South Plains College.

husband of slawson

Jul 18, 2018 04:11PM - edited Jul 18, 2018 04:12PM by Moonflwr912

ok. Things are hoing as well as can be expected. Well know next week if he needs surgery. We are at home this week in wait and see. Neighbor Tom walks with Stan in the AM. His brother takes him out in the PM. Keeps him from trying to do too much. He's not one to sit. Oy. So watching TV wears on him. His longest sleep is only 1-2 hours as the halo is uncomfortable. Either upright or flat are his only options. Oh well. Well just keep on. At least feeling is in all limbs and h

e's still breathing on his own. This pic is before the accident. Our 2 DGD

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 12/8/2011 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/17/2012 Reconstruction (left) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/13/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 8/20/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/10/2012 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 8/14/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/4/2013 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 12/13/2013 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Jul 18, 2018 04:19PM Moonflwr912 wrote:

Hers one at the hosp before we left.

And, since this thread is about food, ive had to watch what we eat, as he has trouble choking with the halo. Swallowing can be hard. Beliw is obe of my Home Chef meals. No, its not my pic, but I was too busy serving it to take pics! LOL. Hiwever it is indicative of the meals he can eat, the broccolli was cooked, um, a lit more! LOL. Almost to mush, but he could eat it. LOL

Much love and please keep praying!

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 12/8/2011 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/17/2012 Reconstruction (left) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/13/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 8/20/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/10/2012 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 8/14/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/4/2013 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 12/13/2013 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Jul 18, 2018 05:29PM MinusTwo wrote:

Moon - thanks for the update. I love the before picture with the grandkids. I can only imagine how pissed your DH is to be stuck in the halo. It looks obnoxious. Wonderful news that he's breathing on his own and that he has feeling in all his limbs. Thank heavens he's eating even if the broccoli is mush. If you can't get enough protein down him, try BeneProtein by Nestles. That's the one that MD Anderson suggests to people who can't eat balanced meals anymore due to various cancer surgeries. I used it during chemo. It's a powder that truly has no taste & is not gritty, so you can put it in milk, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and probably even broccoli mush. You can order direct from Nestles but if you want try it first, you should be able to find it at places like Walgreens, CVS, etc.

https://www.nestlehealthscience.us/brands/beneprot...

Jul 19, 2018 12:46AM ChiSandy wrote:

Monica, continued prayers that he continues to improve w/o surgery and if surgery is necessary it’ll be successful,

Not gonna invite you all to my one-week-post-op pity party—gory details are on the Drinking thread. (Typing is truly a chore with this EXOS cast-brace). My complaints pale by comparison.

In NYC tonight (timeshare vacationette w/presentation we must both attend). Flying with arm elevated was, uh, “interesting.” Dinner tonight at Rue 57: shared a salad Nicoise and sashimi roll; Bob’s entree was pan-seared branzino with artichokes & cherry tomatoes: mine was duck a l’orange with wild rice, cherry sauce & wild rice. Leftover wing & leg are in the hotel room fridge for breakfast

Jul 19, 2018 10:35PM MinusTwo wrote:

Had to look that one up Eric. You really are "out west". I always referred to Lubbock as the "armpit of the nation" - even though my BIL and my niece both graduated from Tech. (with apologies to anyone who might be from there)

Dinner was a tuna sangy on toasted rosemary olive oil bread.

Jul 20, 2018 12:54PM ChiSandy wrote:

Nice day yesterday. Breakfast was leftover duck leg & French bread. Got a haircut (trim) and style, then bought a new carry-on spinner (Brics) with a U-shaped handle that won't let my tote bag flop around—fancier trim (leather) than my Rimowa (which we'll check, full of laundry—we each get two free bags but that still makes only one each). A few oz. heavier than the Rimowa, but will still fit overhead, has the same zippered interior covers, with zippered pockets the Rimowa doesn't. Bigger wheels, but will still roll as smoothly. And $200 cheaper (half the price) as the Rimowa Salsa Air (my current one, with that monopole handle) and 1/3 the price of the Salsa, the next Rimowa up (with a less secure interior section—one half is open with only elastic strap, so some stuff could tumble out if I put it on the luggage rack wrong side up, which is a pet peeve of mine with almost every other hardsider of any size and brand I’ve ever owned except the Rimowa base model Salsa Air line).

Bob walked to Times Sq. and got tickets to “Come From Away.” WOW! Best show I’ve seen since “Tommy,” maybe better. (Springsteen was $1K—we’ll wait till autumn, and spend some of that lump-sum backdated Soc. Security check I just got—they decided to start my benefits as of January 1, rather than now). Had he come back with “SpongeBob” tickets, that might have been grounds for divorce...just kidding...maybe.

Pre-show dinner, before the leisurely mile walk to the theater, was at Pazzo Notte: huge tricolor salad, pizza Margherita (Roman/New Haven style, oblong, hand-tossed, shatteringly thin crust), and spaghetti Bolognese—we shared all three courses and still had leftovers! After the show, for old times’ sake, we went to Junior’s for cherry cheesecake and a chocolate egg cream. The latter wasn’t as good as I remember from childhood—modern Fox’s U-Bet is too sweet and not chocolatey enough—I make mine with Hershey’s; and made according to directions marked on the glass (syrup first, then milk, then seltzer). I put the milk in first and then pump the syrup into the center or down the side of the glass, as the soda jerks of my youth did—keeps the milk & syrup from mixing until you start adding seltzer and then stirring, which makes that iconic pristine white latte-esque head. As to the cheesecake, even though we shared it we still have leftovers. Breakfast was one small slice each of cold pizza, no room for cheesecake.

Heading down the block for the timeshare presentation. We’re practicing: “no, no, no...”

Jul 20, 2018 03:36PM auntienance wrote:

Today I am 70. In my whole life I never thought of being 70 years old. I don't care for the idea of it. In my mind I'm no older than 40 (my body says otherwise.)

I have spent the day shopping. Not fun. But I did get my favorite Costco birthday cake. And chicken, Popeyes chicken. And biscuits. Lots of biscuits. I hope it all reheats well. At any rate, no cooking for me this weekend.

Sandy, you have fixed better meals one handed than I have using two.

Jul 20, 2018 04:07PM SpecialK wrote:

auntie - happy birthday! I am likewise shocked with each successive birthday as I don't seem to know how I got here - but am very grateful to have had the opportunity! I hope for many more for you, while still staying 40 in your mind! Enjoy the chicken and b-day cake! And as many biscuits as you want!

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 15 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Jul 20, 2018 04:25PM - edited Jul 20, 2018 04:27PM by ChiSandy

Happy birthday, Nancy! 70 is indeed a milestone—it's the new 40.

It's easy ordering meals one-handed—that's all it takes to open a menu. We attended the up-sell presentation, which was pushing us (gently) to swap our Vegas HGV timeshare for the more expensive NY one we owned for about five minutes (or so it seemed) before re-buying Vegas—which had a far lower maintenance fee. NY owners get priority staying at the two midtown properties, but we'd have had to fork over the $15K we got back for swapping to Vegas as well as a $3K annual maintenance fee (vs. $1K in Vegas) due to higher state property taxes. 18 mos. ago it sounded like a great deal, but that was before Bob realized that not only can't he retire at 70, but as his practice's only cardiologist every day he takes off costs >$2K in lost revenue—and we'd also have to pay office overhead ourselves from our savings. I'm the only one with freedom to travel often enough—and traveling alone is less fun with tougher logistics. (The Bar Assn. trips abroad are with 60 others who can help me).

Lunch afterward was at Petrossian Cafe—there used to be two branches in Chicago and one each in Vegas & Boca, but now it's just this one and one in L.A. Bob had borscht and salmon roe with blini; I had the tasting plate which had a flute of bubbly, 10gm. Osetra, smoked salmon and the most tender smoked sturgeon I've ever tasted. Portions were big enough that we shared the fish. They gave us a taste of their hot chocolate as dessert, too

Jul 20, 2018 04:42PM MinusTwo wrote:

Nance - HAPPY B-Day. Yup - it's a big one. I know I did something wildly extravagant when I hit that milestone - but it was probably KFC instead of Popeyes.

All my friends were so upset at 40. I just figured OK - I'd earned it, I'd paid my dues, I deserved it and I could do whatever I wanted. But at 40 there were still kids & parents & jobs so that didn't really work out. Now you really should plan to do everything you've always wanted while you still have the energy. And Special K is right - you still have the mindset. You go girl!!!

Jul 20, 2018 07:36PM Moonflwr912 wrote:

Happy Birthday Nance! 70! Thats awesome. Keep it up!

Much love to all.

Jul 20, 2018 08:02PM MinusTwo wrote:

I made deviled eggs earlier this week. Unfortunately the whites were impossibly hard & rubbery so I scooped out the deviled yolks and spread them on sourdough, open face toast for lunch. I'd planned on a big spinach salad for dinner, but not really hungry so it may be popcorn.

Jul 21, 2018 02:38PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Bbq Pork Ribs on the grill

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Page 1113 of 1,134 (34,011 results)