We are 212,288 members in 82 forums discussing 151,851 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 04:28PM

Laurie08 wrote:

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on what we are having, making or had for dinner.  Sometimes it is the best tuna steak you ever had, sometimes it's a can of soup.  But we all do it every night in some form or another.  Maybe we can give each other ideas on what to make, or bitch about what we had, or the fact that we did enjoy that grilled cheese with tomato soup. 

Every night my husband comes home and says "whats for dinner?"  no matter what I say he always says "sounds good!"  even if I say it's a 'fend for yourself night'. :)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1117 of 1,134 (34,019 results)

Posts 33481 - 33510 (34,019 total)

Aug 7, 2018 07:41PM illimae wrote:

Tonight is a tenderloin steak with mashed cauliflower, broccoli and garlic bread.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 7, 2018 08:31PM - edited Aug 7, 2018 08:35PM by ChiSandy

Severe storms this afternoon--I got soaked going to the "pot doctor" for my initial MMJ card certification appt. (and got some high-quality CBD oil & cream--my primary's P.A. said I should ask her). Cast-brace & liner got drenched too. Stormed so hard that it tripped the GFCI in my garage and I had to park on the street, unlock the side door, reset the GFCI (took 3 tries), dash back out to the car and drive back into the alley & garage. Hope it hold for Bob when he gets home tonight. Meanwhile, brought some fresh eggs I bought on the way home down to the basement fridge--and there's a puddle in front of the drain by the washer & dryer. Oh, joy. Just to make a latte took two trips up & down the stairs, so no way I'm having anything for dinner that needs to come from (or have leftovers go into) the basement fridge. Spent some quality time drying my cast-brace & liner too.

So I'll either have instant cold mix-it-yourself quinoa-pesto salad or nuke some Indian food & rice. (And have Bob take the leftover rice downstairs himself--he has two good arms for carrying stuff and using the banister). All those trips to & from the basement are getting kinda old.

Eric, my in-laws had the same single-door fridge (with a tiny freezer inside) for 40 years. Until we moved into this house 30 yrs ago, none of the fridges we had in Chicago were newer than 20 yrs. old. When we lived in Seattle, our married student housing apt. had a dorm-sized half-fridge with an even tinier freezer, which held an ice tray and a couple of Popsicles; after three years, the university put in normal top-freezer (but not frost-free) fridges.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 8, 2018 08:42AM - edited Aug 8, 2018 08:44AM by SpecialK

I had good luck with my Kenmore 1990 fridge, even though it went with us on each military move and was either in the house or garage depending on where we were. It finally bit the dust here about 5 or 6 years ago. The guys that hauled it away were shocked at how heavy it was - that thing was a tank. It was a maximum capacity fridge with a top freezer. My washer and dryer were purchased at the same time and had no major repairs but I sold them to the woman who was leasing our townhome in D.C. in 2006 as she didn't have any - so at that point they were 16. The ones I bought for this house in 2006 are still going strong and the only repair needed I did myself with a $10 part I ordered off Amazon, which was the door sensor on the dryer. The Jenn-Air fridge that came with this house was total crap - as were all of the other Jenn-Air appliances that I have replaced one by one. All that is left is the wall oven and I need it to break asap so I can get a new one with built in microwave. The Jenn-Air microwave built in above the oven no longer works, but it is all built in together with the wall oven - which will prob last another 10 years just to make me mad, lol! In this house I was limited on fridge replacement to counter-depth and certain size dimensions because they custom built cabinetry around the fridge, same with wall oven and micro - built into the cabinets. All the appliances in the kitchen are KitchenAid but I will need a contractor with the oven/micro replacement because the sizes are just a little off. They also did that with the TV spot - took me two years to find the right size console to fit into the recessed place the original owner had custom built for their rear-projection TV. However annoying, first world problems, right? The fridge I bought for the garage to replace the Kenmore lasted 4 years and the repairman was astounded that it was a catastrophic failure and he said I would spend as much to fix as replace - he said he had never seen that type of issue happen with a fridge that new. We have extreme temps here so the next one I bought was a "garage-ready" and it seems to be doing fine so far.

Dinner last night was a salad of romaine and napa cabbage cut into thin ribbons, topped with julienned carrot, scallion, roasted chicken breast, julienned red pepper, sliced almonds and a dressing of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, almond butter, sesame oil, olive oil, hot sauce, and honey.

chisandy - sorry about your rain issues and the many trips up and down the stairs, has to be frustrating and tiring.

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 15 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Aug 8, 2018 09:08AM carolehalston wrote:

Last night's dinner was in the "skimpy" category. I got home from golf about 5 pm. DH was next door on Mary's deck enjoying Happy Hour. My vodka martini was in the refrigerator, minus ice. I hurriedly prepped the boneless chicken thighs and got them into the grill/oven. Then hustled over to join the others.

The only side was the two remaining ears of corn cooked in the microwave. I was too "relaxed" and/or lazy to make a salad.

Tonight's dinner will probably feature a ribeye. DH will do grill duty and I'll sautee yellow squash and zucchini with onion and make a salad.

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. As most of us know, the scale can move up so much more easily than down. It's an ongoing challenge.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 8, 2018 06:15PM illimae wrote:

Tonight is a grilled tuna steak with brown rice and asparagus, so yummy!

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 8, 2018 06:20PM auntienance wrote:

Oldie but goodie - Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, fruit salad.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 8, 2018 07:11PM ChiSandy wrote:

Nuked a cup of Annie's Naturals white cheddar mac & cheese, adding black truffle oil (not salt, it's high enough in sodium as it is) and grating some fresh nutmeg on top. Veg was five of my homegrown heirloom cherry tomatoes. (Breakfast was 2 olice-oil-fried eggs, half a regular-sized heirloom with basil EVOO, and a piece of wholegrain bread to sop up the yolks and juice). Eating shelf-stable stuff that produces no leftovers is getting kind of old.

Had Part 2 of my root canal today--good news is that the endo got the correct tooth, not-so-good news is that it's still somewhat infected. She doesn't want to put me back on oral clindamycin, so she went in, removed the filling and packed it with antibiotic-infused material and some more antibiotic before placing a new temp filling. The needles hurt like hell going in, but not for long. Anesthetic wore off more quickly this time, but she used less of it. Not as painful as last week (fingers crossed). The 2 oz. of plain Eurotart fro-yo I treated myself to after the xylocaine wore off felt so soothing! Sticking with 2 Tylenol + 2 Advil every 6-8 hrs. as needed (but a little CBD oil under the tongue at bedtime--tried that last night instead of my usual Baclofen & Xanax, but got the order reversed--should've been the last thing after tooth care & mouthwash. Had very little sleep, R knee & shin ached and my hand & arm were very "angry" inside the cast-brace).

Gonna make Bob bring up the wine tonight--tired of yo-yo'ing up & down stairs, terrified of falling. He won't get home in time to fetch the cans of cat food from the fridge, though (sigh).

Think I will order out or go out tomorrow night, but appetizers only so I'm not stuck with leftovers.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 8, 2018 10:20PM MinusTwo wrote:

Sandy - so open new cans for the cats. So what if you don't use the leftovers tonight? Your DH or your housekeeper can ferry the 1/2 cans up or down tomorrow.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Aug 8, 2018 10:23PM MinusTwo wrote:

Only got around to one meal today - one Oscar Meyer Bun Length hot dog on the last cheapo hot dog bun with French's yellow mustard. Too tired after water aerobics to fix the other options - even though some were leftovers.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Aug 9, 2018 07:56AM carolehalston wrote:

The occasional hot dog is a treat for me, Minus.

Last night's grilled ribeye was more delicious than usual. DH cooked it perfectly. I could easily have pigged out and eaten the whole thing instead of my half. Side was yellow squash and zucchini with onion, slightly overcooked. I sprinkled a little grated Romano cheese on my squash. DH got all the onion.

Tonight will probably be pasta with Rao's and tossed salad. I'll use the frozen turkey Italian sausage in the freezer as an addition to the Rao's. Easy and enjoyable meal. Grated Asiago to spinkle on the pasta.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 9, 2018 11:01AM ChiSandy wrote:

Well, my go-to-the-basement-fridge plan is out: just threw out my back. God said "here, hold my beer..."

Aug 9, 2018 11:22AM DodgersGirl wrote:

Oh Chi-Sandy—- so very sorry you have to go thru back issues on top of all else.

It’s a sign that today is a good day to find a comfy place to sit and just relax today

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/4/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/10/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 10/22/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Aug 9, 2018 11:34AM auntienance wrote:

Good grief Sandy!

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 9, 2018 12:19PM - edited Aug 9, 2018 12:31PM by ChiSandy

Might try some of that CBD balm on the back--it did help calm down my wrist & arm, and a couple drops of the oil under my tongue helped me get to sleep. Housekeeper brought up an ice chest and is going to get 2 bags of ice--she won't be in tomorrow when the fridge repair guy comes to either fix the thing or pronounce it dead, though she's coming Sat. morning to help get the new one set up. She's also bringing up a piece of salmon and the remaining baby spinach for me to cook tonight. Last night after dinner I managed to scrounge around one of the cabinets and found a 2-serving packet of dried kale with sea salt. So I'm not going veggie-less, thank goodness.

She brought up 2 eggs and the butter this a.m.; I hobbled out to the deck to pick the heirloom cherry tomatoes that had ripened, along with a pinch or two of basil. So I made scrambled eggs with black truffle salt, and bruschetta. In the fruit basket in the kitchen are a very ripe apricot and mango--will cut them up and cover the dish so they macerate in their own juices.

Meanwhile, dug out my Rollator from the last back-strain episode--it's really handy for wheeling my meals from kitchen to dining or front room.

Tasted a bit of a CBD-infused vegan brownie last night I bought yesterday at the health food store (Didn't eat the majority of it, as it's calorie-laden and cost $8.95). Tasted like...a really, really good moist & fudgy brownie--in fact, like one for which an upscale eatery would charge nine bucks. (But probably with a scoop of ice cream, spritz of whipped cream, or drizzle of berry coulis alongside). I think with my second cup of coffee I will finish the thing...perhaps with some of that salvaged fruit. Not at all like the vegetal pot brownies of my misspent youth (okay, mid-to-late-20s...I was a late bloomer).

I also bought some CBD chocolate and gummies (the "pot doctor" suggested them--she shops at that health food store. The owner is Indian, and his wife makes great ready-to-serve stuff including her home-baked naan, of which they were already sold out), I would have loved to buy some of their hot daal and samosas, but it was too early in the day to eat them for dinner, and I wouldn't have been able to keep them safely until it was time.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be an Atkins bar while I await the fridge repairman--I can finally chew crunchy stuff again.

Aug 9, 2018 02:19PM SpecialK wrote:

chisandy - man, when it rains it pours... hoping things improve SOON!

Tonight dinner will be at the Tampa Bay Rays game - so, hotdogs and beer - yay!

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 15 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Aug 9, 2018 04:45PM MinusTwo wrote:

Early dinner was a leftover repeat. Weren't they called 'jump ups' by someone on this thread many pages ago?

Sliced zucchini, fresh corn cut off the cob, onion, garlic, 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken breast half from the freezer, butter, S&P. Today I served it over 1 minute "microwave in a cup" Fried Rice. Hoo boy, I won't bother with this rice again and dumped more than 1/2 of the cup down the disposal. Otherwise the meal was healthy & filling.

Desert will be a sliced fresh peach with heavy cream and just a sprinkling of sugar.

Aug 9, 2018 06:00PM illimae wrote:

Tonight is a baked pork loin chop topped with beefy onions and sautéed rainbow chard, oven roasted cabbage steaks and a slice of garlic bread.

Aug 9, 2018 08:35PM ChiSandy wrote:

Pan-seared salmon (seasoned only with s&p and shelf-stable lemon juice), sauteed spinach with olive oil, garlic salt and lemon, and freekeh with truffle salt & olive oil. Truth is, I didn't want to waste half a package of nukable rice or starches or have to haul it downstairs, so I was looking for the package of uncooked quinoa. The freekeh (like a toasted fine-ground bulghur) came up first. I feel accomplished and virtuous...albeit still in pain from my back. The tooth is better. About to take the brace off again to try & get my wrist more mobile. Maybe I'll take the heating pad off my back to loosen up my wrist...

Aug 10, 2018 08:15AM carolehalston wrote:

Last night's menu was as planned: linguine with Rao's sauce. Sauteed turkey Italian sausage added to the Rao's. Fresh-grated asiago. Salad with romaine, cucumber, avocado, Kalamata olives and blue cheese crumbles. The bought "crumbles" aren't nearly as good as cheese from a block.

Tonight will be dinner with the couple's golf group at Iron Horse in Nevis. I will probably have the brisket, which is very good.

Sandy, you MUST find your protective angel! LOL.

Aug 10, 2018 01:24PM Moonflwr912 wrote:

Hi all. Yesterday lunch was Costco hot dog and diet lemonade as drink. Somtimes I want a hot dog, and now, i dont have to worry about leftovers.

ChiSandy, I am so sorry to hear youre hurting. And add a back incident to all that? Crapola! Hugs.

Still in wair and see mode with DH.

Much love to all.

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 12/8/2011 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/17/2012 Reconstruction (left) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/13/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 8/20/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/10/2012 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 8/14/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/4/2013 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 12/13/2013 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Aug 10, 2018 04:07PM MinusTwo wrote:

Moon - thanks for checking in. We're all keeping you and your DH in our thoughts. Thought about you when I read someone else has claimed "just because you can doesn't mean you should" on the exchange thread.

My goodness Illimae - every night you prepare the most delicious meals. I applaud your dedication.

Dinner will be a large salad w/blue cheese crumbles. I agree Carol - and I have a block of blue cheese. Maybe a couple of ears of corn if I'm still hungry.

Aug 10, 2018 04:19PM illimae wrote:

Minus, cooking is a bit of a newish hobby of mine. DH always cooked but when he started touring for weeks at a time, I had to learn, now I enjoy it. I’m having salad too (leftover) and a grilled cheeseburger.

Aug 10, 2018 05:49PM ChiSandy wrote:

Brunch this morning was an olive-oil-fried egg and avocado toast with a latte (I was able to haul upstairs an egg, a single-serve pack of guacamole, and some milk in my Aeroccino frother with the lid on). Was going to have a snack but Bob's coming home in about 90 min. and we have a res. at RPM Steak (they're featuring Wagyu-bite mini-sandwiches: Wagyu coated in panko crumbs & flash fried, then on toasted Japanese bread). Baby wants her red meat, now that she can (carefully) chew again.

Aug 11, 2018 06:38PM illimae wrote:

Tonight was blackened red snapper with sautéed shrimp and a sautéed medley of broccoli, squash and leeks. My plate was empty before I thought to take a pic.

Aug 11, 2018 07:07PM auntienance wrote:

Angel hair pasta with a white clam sauce and a piece of garlic bread. One of my favorite meals. DH had carryout pizza. One of his favorite meals lol

Aug 12, 2018 11:00AM MinusTwo wrote:

Nance - vongole is one of my favorite meals too.

Dinner last night was a sliced chicken breast sandwich on toasted Rosemary Olive Oil bread.

Aug 12, 2018 07:43PM SpecialK wrote:

Last night was spinach and cheese ravs with turkey meatballs and marinara for DH, I had some saltines and chicken noodle soup later - tummy not feeling great. Probably the hot dog and beer from Friday night, lol! Tonight was pork tenderloin with mustard sauce, steamed broccoli with lemon olive oil, lemon pepper, and Parmesan cheese, and some new potatoes sautéed with small pieces of different color peppers

Aug 12, 2018 10:31PM MinusTwo wrote:

Today was a large salad w/homemade blue cheese dressing, three (yes 3) ears of Olathe corn on the cob and a bowl of macaroni with butter.

Aug 13, 2018 12:11AM - edited Aug 13, 2018 12:11AM by ChiSandy

Saturday, I had toast & an egg for brunch; for dinner, our friends BBQed--and I had a cheeseburger and a bunless bratwurst.

Today I vastly overslept. Lunch (which took 2 hrs to make as I had to plant-water, cat-wrangle and organize stuff while trying to chop veggies & cook one-handed) was corned-beef hash with chopped red & green pepper, red onion & scallions, with a fried egg on top. Made an iced almond-milk cold-froth latte too.

Ordered out from Tiffin for dinner: Indian appetizers (samosas, pakoras, cauliflower, seekh kebab, roti & poori), mixed grill (more seekh kebab, tandoori chicken, lamb & shrimp), palak paneer, and Punjab veggies (freebie, along with extra pakoras) over basmati rice. Nice to be able to refrigerate leftovers again! (Fri. night's ribeye remains are in the freezer).

Aug 13, 2018 07:55AM carolehalston wrote:

Last night was warmed up leftover pasta in sauce from Friday night's dinner with a delicious salad of tomato and cucumber and beets (all from a farmers' market) with a homemade blue cheese vinaigrette.

Saturday night was green beans and small potatoes, also from the farmers' market, a salad of tomatoes and cucumber with a similar blue cheese vinaigrette, and flattened chicken fillets breaded with panko and browned in olive oil. I form three flattened chicken fillets from a boneless skinless chicken breast half using a method I saw on ATK or Cook's Country. Cut about one third of the chicken breast half from the pointed end. The slice through the middle of the remaining part. Works much better than slicing through the middle of the whole breast half. Flatten each piece in plastic wrap.

Tonight will be dinner out in Bemidji after my WW meeting. I'm not expecting weight loss at the weigh in but hoping for maintaining last week's good numbers on the scale. We will probably check out a barbecue place tonight.

Page 1117 of 1,134 (34,019 results)