We are 213,316 members in 82 forums discussing 152,270 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 12:28PM

Laurie08 wrote:

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on what we are having, making or had for dinner.  Sometimes it is the best tuna steak you ever had, sometimes it's a can of soup.  But we all do it every night in some form or another.  Maybe we can give each other ideas on what to make, or bitch about what we had, or the fact that we did enjoy that grilled cheese with tomato soup. 

Every night my husband comes home and says "whats for dinner?"  no matter what I say he always says "sounds good!"  even if I say it's a 'fend for yourself night'. :)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1139 of 1,141 (34,223 results)

Posts 34141 - 34170 (34,223 total)

Nov 8, 2018 06:13AM - edited Nov 12, 2018 08:41AM by Valstim52

This Post was deleted by Valstim52.
The glass is half full. Do not live life looking in the rear view mirror. Can't go forward that way Dx 11/24/2015, IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 1, 2/19 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/10/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 5/23/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 6/21/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right

Nov 8, 2018 06:14AM Valstim52 wrote:

Been off the threads for a while.

Dinner will be spicy shrimp stirfry with broccolinni, red peppers, garlic, sweet onions and pea pods. I make my own sauce out of light soy, brown sugar, chicken broth and sesame oil. I serve it over rice.

The glass is half full. Do not live life looking in the rear view mirror. Can't go forward that way Dx 11/24/2015, IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 1, 2/19 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/10/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 5/23/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 6/21/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right

Nov 8, 2018 07:16AM MinusTwo wrote:

Val - so great to see you - even if the computer 'gods' decided to replicate your post. I love the sound of the stir fry. Wish I'd been at your house for dinner.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Nov 8, 2018 09:42AM GreenHarbor wrote:

Tonight is leftover soup- curried butternut squash from a Barefoot Contessa recipe. I’ll just serve it with rolls and a green salad.

Dx 7/5/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 8/23/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/1/2018

Nov 8, 2018 09:52AM MinusTwo wrote:

My neighborhood is hosting our annual thank you dinner for everyone who volunteers during the year. Twenty-five people will gather at the Olive Garden tonight. We picked that restaurant some years ago after Steak & Ale closed because: 1) it's close and we have a good percentage of older people who are nervous about driving at night; 2) they give us a private room; and 3) the menu is such that everyone can find something to eat no matter their dietary restrictions. We will treat each volunteer to any meal under $20.00 and if they want cocktails or dessert they will need to pay their own. I'm going to pig out on bread sticks. And of course be responsible for paying the bill since I'm the treasurer.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Nov 8, 2018 11:23AM ChiSandy wrote:

Last night was Cellars' Atlas Wine Dinner to benefit Care For Real (our neighborhood food pantry/charity). Started with a spiced cider spritzer. Then crab-corn chowder paired with a Sonoma Chardonnay; sweet potato gnocchi in a Gorgonzola cream with walnuts, paired with a Rogue River valley Pinot Noir; turkey saltimbocca with a Sierra-foothils Syrah-dominant red blend; honey-mustard-marinated pork T-bone with roast potatoes and asparagus (by this time I had to start packing half my food as leftovers) and a nice full red Sierra-foothills Zin; and finally pumpkin mousse cheesecake with a sparkling WA blanc des blancs (from cans, no less). The only wine that didn't float my boat was the Chard. Have had better Pinot Noir, though it was lovely. But the two fuller reds were the stars.

This morning was a small slice of portabella pizza reheated in a covered skillet. It also happens to be both National Donut Day and National Cappuccino Day, so I had a chocolate-iced creme-filled Krispy Kreme and an almond milk cappuccino for a late aft. snack.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 9, 2018 04:09AM carolehalston wrote:

Welcome back, Val. Green Harbor, I have never tasted butternut squash soup even though I know it's popular. I like the winter squashes but do not think of them as soup makings.

Sandy, as usual I gained three pounds reading about your meal at Cellars!

Last night I finally cooked some beautiful halibut that I brought home frozen from MN. A couple at the resort spent two months in Alaska and went halibut fishing. They kindly gave us the halilbut fillet. I went to Google for a recipe idea and immediately hit upon Heavenly Halibut. The recipe was simple and the result delicious.

Broil the halibut for 8 minutes or until flaking. Then spread the sauce on top and broil for two minutes longer. The sauce consisted of grated parm (I used romano), soft butter, mayo, s & p, dash of hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, green onions (omitted since I didn't have any). The sauce melted so there was extra to spoon on top.

I usually lament that fish preparations in good restaurants are so much better than my home-cooked fish, but this was just as good as a restaurant fish entre. And, of course, halibut is such a good fish. I wish I could eat it more often.

The side was smothered okra made with frozen okra, never as good as fresh, and a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilis, s & p, garlic powder and onion powder. I was too lazy to peel some fresh garlic.

Unfortunately, dh wasn't feeling his best and didn't enjoy the meal as much as I did. There was leftover okra to freeze for a future gumbo.

Nance, do you have a good recipe book for your multi-purpose electric pot?

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2018 04:27AM auntienance wrote:

Carole, I use a lot of Serious Eats recipes, Kenji has some very good ones for the pressure cooker. I also use Laura Pazzaglia https://www.hippressurecooking.com/pressure-cooker-recipes/ She also has a cookbook out that I haven't checked out. So far my favorite book is the Great Big Pressure Cooker Book by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough. I use that one for reference a lot. Hip pressure cooking is aimed at the Instant pot so may require some adjustment for yours..

If you use Pinterest at all, you can check out my board Cooking Under Pressure (just search for Nancy Yonker). I've collected some pretty good ones there.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 9, 2018 11:08AM ChiSandy wrote:

I've found that the more restaurant or takeout meals I eat, the less likely I am to gain weight--packing at least half my portions to take home and using the leftovers creatively is an automatic form of portion control!

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 9, 2018 11:16AM KatyK wrote:

Haven’t posted for a while. I had scans Monday (good news, no progression, stable and some shrinking) and a dear friend brought over a wonderful meal - a curry with chicken, spinach, potatoes and a nice salad. It was enough for three nights! Our two grandkids are spending tonight and we will make burgers on the grill, French fries from Trader Joe’s and broccoli. We are getting ready for a van trip and I will do some cooking ahead but wasn’t feeling up to making a lot of meals so yesterday DH and I went to Trader Joe’s and got a variety of frozen meals. Rare for me to do that so Iam hoping they will be O.K. Will also get some salad kits those are good for traveling. What are some of your favorite frozen meals?

Dx 7/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Nov 9, 2018 11:35AM ChiSandy wrote:

I like Michelina's frozen eggplant parm. For awhile, TJ's carried unbreaded eggplant parm "stacks" but I haven't found them in a couple of years.

Nov 9, 2018 12:36PM carolehalston wrote:

Yay, Katy, on good scans! Sorry I can't recommend frozen meals. I never buy them.

Tonight I had planned dinner to be red beans and sausage (out of the freezer, home-cooked) with brown rice and a salad. DH hasn't been feeling well all day and may not eat anything. If that's the case, I will probably just have a bowl of red beans and rice and skip the salad.

Nance, I have never gotten the hang of Pininterest. Maybe I'll try again.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2018 12:50PM ChiSandy wrote:

I'm going to have my leftover pork chop, plus Israeli chopped salad (does it cancel out the treyf?) or red cabbage salad. WIll freeze the leftover shwarma & rice.

Nov 9, 2018 02:07PM illimae wrote:

Tonight DH made Pork Ribs, Cannellini beans and Brussels sprouts.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 9, 2018 02:46PM auntienance wrote:

Three inches of snow for us with temps in the teen's tonight. I know for you northern folks this is not unusual but it's unusual for us. Our average high for this time of year is 60. This feels harsh.

It was a soup kind of day so I made Senate bean soup and cornbread. The only side was homemade applesauce from our apples. I probably should have made this dinner Tuesday.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 9, 2018 02:49PM - edited Nov 9, 2018 02:50PM by auntienance

Btw, Carole, you will find your multicooker invaluable for beans. The navy beans cooked to perfection in 12 minutes (actual cook time.) And no soaking required.

Nov 9, 2018 04:48PM Lacey12 wrote:

Nice to see lots of folks returning/posting!

This week I had a fun experience, joining a one time visit to a creative writing class at an engineering college in our town. The profs wanted to have a “ story share” between the freshmen creative writing students and the local seniors who wanted to write a short story. It was really a nice experience. I was particularly pleased to see this serious engineering school provide humanities courses to the students. Olin College is a unique small school. It is maybe 20 years old, founded by a bizillionaire engineer who granted the first class free tuition and the charge to help developm the curriculum and overall program...true to their modality of project based learning. It is in a consortium now with Wellesley and campus neighbor, Babson (a business college), so the students have some nice academic and career planning opportunities.

I was paired with two girls who both wrote interesting stories...one was from Madison WI and one from NJ....both wrote “dark” endings. Glad they alerted me before reading! The assignment was to write about an object in your home that had meaning. My story was much lighter, but they enjoyed it and had useful comments. After the class, we had lunch together. BOY, would I like to be in college now! The choices for food seemed creative and never ending. I was so impressed given my paltry choices (mystery meat?) 50 plus years ago. But then my tuition/room/board was a very small fraction of what students pay today. I am not much of a lunch eater, but could not resist some of the interesting vegetarian selections. So, of course I took a pic. I explained to the girls that I was doing this for our thread...and they loved it! So sweet!

That evening I made portobello and chicken parm since I had chicken in the fridge that needed to be used.

Tonight we had leftovers of that, paired with an arugula and baby kale salad with pear, red onion, carrot, and avocado, with a honey mustard dressing.

BTW, I noticed in our local grocery store flyer that Rao’s is featured for $4.99 a jar this week! I may stock up for my white fish putanesca veggie dish over orzo. Wonder if the jarred sauce market is a lot more competitive these days. Rao’s was always close to $10 a jar....which I never sprung for!

Nance, I’m horrified to learn of your snow so esrly! Yikes!! It is currently pouring rain here and I’m thankful it is not snow. Hope you return to more normal regional temps soon. Oh, and I saw some recipes for pear hand pies today....thought of you!!

Nov 9, 2018 05:01PM - edited Nov 11, 2018 09:43AM by Lacey12

Oh I never explained the lunch plate...at 11 oclock a wonderful quinoa pilaf with raisins and nuts, next, sliced roasted zucchini with a curry sauce, then spicy roasted cauliflower, next spinach salad with balsamic dressing, next, hummus, then a bit of interesting pasta, and finally a lentil chili. Vegans would love that cafeteria! There were so many other choices, too, but I was quite sated with the plate I had.

Nov 9, 2018 05:03PM HappyHammer wrote:

Hi All....been away awhile but sure have enjoyed reading your posts!

Yay Katy, for your good scans! Last night= Baked pork roast with onions and sweet potatoes, tossed salad and steamed broccoli. Tonight, leftover pork sliced over warmed bun, homemade cabbage slaw and a few chips.

So happy that tomorrow we are to be around 50 degrees....planning on working in our attic for a bit and taking off any holiday decorations we will not be using!!! Then, Dh wants to watch football...ok by me....am going to go through holiday decorations and recipes and get all organized for our family. Am having some cardiac issues...currently wearing a 2 week monitor...tried to get a CTAngiogram on Tuesday ....apparently was very dehydrated....4 sticks later they said let's try again in 2 weeks....had an hydration IV yesterday and will get at least 2 more before we try that again....my doc and my BIL (vascular/gen surgeon) say it may be due to radiation. Dammit.

Dx 5/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 5/28/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 5/28/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/28/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 10/21/2015 Surgery 10/21/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/5/2015 Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 9, 2018 08:01PM ChiSandy wrote:

21 degrees right now at 1am. Have to be in the Loop by 10 am--too cold to stand out on the CTA station platform, too expensive to park (and too cold to walk from & to the parking garage), so I'll Uber it down there. Rehearsing all day tomorrow & Sunday.

Nov 10, 2018 04:09AM carolehalston wrote:

Lacey, Rao's has gone mainstream. I have been buying it at Walmart's and at my local Winn Dixie, which I'm happy to say hasn't closed like so many other W/Ds. I haven't seen Rao's that cheap but it's often $6.99. I like it so much that I have almost stopped making my own red sauce. I usually add home-made turkey Italian sausage made with ground turkey.

DH must have picked up an intestinal virus this week as he made the rounds of doctors' offices keeping scheduled appointments. He ate a light breakfast yesterday and nothing else except hot chocolate and hot tea during the day while he stayed in his recliner not feeling well. About 3:30 this morning he developed the dreaded D. Now he seems better but the dinner menu is in doubt. Not sure what he will want to eat today and tonight.

Saturday is one of the three days I visit my mother at the nursing home but I dare not visit her today for fear of carrying to her a stomach virus.

It's a pretty day here, sunny but looks a little windy. It was cool enough in the house to turn on some heat this morning.

Nov 10, 2018 04:46AM bedo wrote:

Hello, I haven't been on for a long time. Both biopsies turned out negative.

Special, I had an implant about 5 years ago with bone graft which is only powder put in the lost bone area. My timeline was like yours. It was bottom front where I went through a windshield when I was 20 and the capped tooth finally failed after many attempts to save it. I had a temporary "flipper" for 6 months which was doable. My implant now looks just like my other teeth and only hurt in the pocketbook. I've been enjoying honey crisp apples

Minus, I believe I heard that you lost your SIL I am so sorry, it is hard this time of year and I hope that you find comfort in the rest of your family.

I am on my way to duck pin bowling so I wish everyone who I didn't mention a good three day weekend if you have one.

For dinner last night I opened a tin of anchovies and mixed it with bowtie pasta. I liked it. I thought of it as fast food spaghetti puttenesca (which is spelling incorrectly) I can hear the collective "Ughhh!"

I told my daughter that I was going to make muffins for my grandson who is 18 months now. She said "Mom, don't. He doesn't like your cooking. That's probably why he's been crying today, he is probably afraid you're going to feed him homemade split pea soup or something"

How rude.

Nov 10, 2018 05:04AM auntienance wrote:

Yay Bedo! So happy for you! Hopefully Charlie will in time learn to appreciate your eclectic cooking style lol

Carole, one of the many things I despise about winter - the many rampant viruses. Ugh. Hope your DH recovers soon and you manage to dodge the bullet.

Homemade pizza tonight. I'm off to make dough.

Nov 10, 2018 06:32AM Lacey12 wrote:

Bedo, there was an interesting piece recently (maybe in the Times??) about the delights of adding anchovies to one’s cooking. It is amazing how the flavor and umami is enhanced without a sauce tasting like fish (fortunately).

On the “cold weather illness” front, my DH has been fighting a nasty upper respiratory virus for over three weeks....very unusual. And even more unusual is that I haven’t contracted it. Usually (tho rarely) if he has a cold for a few days I catch it and hold on for a month, and end up with sinus andlung involvement requiring lots of meds. So am keeping fingers crossed here....and he is seeming better. He is always on the go, so it was odd to see him actually cancel events and stay home, but I was glad for all the people who didn’t get infected!

Nance, this sounds like a perfect day for pizza! Yesterday among all the pear recipes I saw, there was one for a pear and prosciutto white pizza that sounded delicious. Please do report on yours...and a picture would even be more delightful!! :)

Nov 10, 2018 12:00PM queenmomcat wrote:

(shyly) Does lunch count? Or rather a late brunch at Frontera (trip to Chicago for my birthday): bajio style eggs, and about half a dish of ice cream (I filled up!)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Nov 10, 2018 12:21PM GreenHarbor wrote:

Happy Birthday, queenmomcat! I say lunch counts :-). Supper tonight will be one of my favorite comfort food meals- a grilled cheese sandwich.

Dx 7/5/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 8/23/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/1/2018

Nov 10, 2018 01:08PM MinusTwo wrote:

Queen - of course...and popcorn at midnight and cold pizza at 3am. Or pork ribs for breakfast and waffles for dinner. Happy B-day and glad you got to brunch.

Oh Bedo - I'm so glad your biopsies were negative. And so glad to see you posting again so I'm not the only weird food fiend. I wore my 'elf' hat for Halloween. I would substitute the anchovies for a can of smoked oysters and macaroni w/ butter. Weird that you daughter thinks your grandson cries about your cooking. That's nuts. Unless of course they are raising him vegetarian or vegan and you're trying to feed him steak; or he needs a gluten free diet and you're giving French Toast with sourdough.

Lacey & Carole - sorry to hear your DHs are still ailing and certainly hope neither of you catch the germ. I usually have to pay $7.99 for Raos, but like Carole, I rarely make sauce from scratch any more. One of the smaller jars of Rao's is 4-6 meals for me.

Illimae - are you doing OK? Do you have a trip planned to West Texas in the near future?

Hammer - Good to see you. Sorry to hear about the heart issues. Hopefully there will be a relatively easy 'fix'. Please let us know.

The celebration of life for my SIL was today. Her choice was to be cremated and scattered in several places where her memory will live on, but 200 (two hundred) people came to this memorial. She volunteered with so many different groups and was always there to help everyone - even new acquaintences. And she worked hard to keep every friend she ever met. At my age it's unlikely that I could muster 200 people even if far flung friends were to fly in from every corner. It seems like too many of my friends have already died - or their spouse have died and they moved away to live closer to their children. I was fortunate that we talked every week & ate a meal together at least once a month. Lovely stories but of course there is a hole in my heart.

Everyone went back to their house and they had Persian food catered. I don't remember the names, but there was 'wedding' rice & cherry rice w/nuts & dill rice, cucumber/sour cream mix, plates of cheese & raw veggies, naan and 'fingers' of delicious chicken & beef, and four or five other dishes. My niece has a long time friend who's parents own a Persian restaurant in Houston so that's where my SIL always chose to order food. Always excellent.

Nov 10, 2018 07:24PM ChiSandy wrote:

Minus, so sorry for the loss of your SIL--but it sounds like she had a magnificent tribute. May her memory be for a blessing.

Happy birthday, Queen! I'd say that anything by Rick Bayless counts as "dinner!"

Today was an all-day rehearsal (in 25-degree weather). Mercifully, I had competent Lyft drivers both ways. (And it was cheaper than parking in the Loop). I drank 3 bottles of water and was still parched. I really, really hate choreography--I am directionally-challenged and my balance still leaves much to be desired. (A year off from personal training is coming home to roost--perhaps my back P.T. will include some balance work). Get to do it all over again tomorrow (and there will be Bears game traffic), every night this week, and all day next Sat. & Sun. (including costume changes). I'm a principal in only one scene (a quartet). but I have four costume changes (including wig and body-miking) nearly one on top of the other. Learning & performing the music, lines, and staging isn't the tough part: it's the freaking logistics!

Nov 11, 2018 08:24AM carolehalston wrote:

Hi, Bedo! Great news on the biopsies. Had to chuckle at your daughter's insulting comment about your grandson's aversion to your cooking. Like Minus, I would probably sub canned smoked oysters for the anchovies. I do like sardines, though. I think it's the "hairy" appearance of the anchovies that turn me off.

DH was well enough today to eat a ham and cheese sandwich, which I made and served to him. His weight has dropped 5 lbs.

Last night I made a chicken soup with boneless skinless thighs, diced celery and carrot, and egg noodles. We have quite a bit left over. I will probably warm it up tonight and create more broth.

Minus, I am very sorry for your loss. Your SIL sounds like a great person.

Nov 11, 2018 09:15AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Trying a slow cooker meal from Omaha Steaks tonight.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Page 1139 of 1,141 (34,223 results)