We are 227,534 members in 83 forums discussing 159,323 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: So...whats for dinner?

Forum: Moving Beyond Cancer —

Managing life after a breast cancer diagnosis, including rediscovering intimacy, coping with fear of recurrence, reconnecting relationships, sharing hobbies and interests, and finding inspiration in daily life.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 05:28PM

Laurie08 wrote:

I thought it might be fun to start a thread on what we are having, making or had for dinner.  Sometimes it is the best tuna steak you ever had, sometimes it's a can of soup.  But we all do it every night in some form or another.  Maybe we can give each other ideas on what to make, or bitch about what we had, or the fact that we did enjoy that grilled cheese with tomato soup. 

Every night my husband comes home and says "whats for dinner?"  no matter what I say he always says "sounds good!"  even if I say it's a 'fend for yourself night'. :)

Bilateral Mastectomy on 6/30/10 Exchange surgery 1/10/11 Dx 4/22/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1233 of 1,236 (37,052 results)

Posts 36961 - 36990 (37,052 total)

Mar 23, 2020 09:03PM ChiSandy wrote:

Celia, you look great. I'm still too vain to stop dyeing my hair, but I get it done far less often than I used to--as much as 3 months between touch-ups, same day as the keratin. (Actually, this time for me it was 4 months). I have more "salt" than "pepper" in my gray now, with one or two natural straight platinum streaks that look like I paid good money for highlights. (They are resistant to the blonde dye). I'm also too vain to revert to naturally wavy-frizzy. This is the color hair I had till I was about 8, when it began to darken to medium brown. As a kid, my hair was baby-fine and straight, but the darker it got the frizzies began setting in. And my first grays were lone, wiry and yellowish.

Dinner tonight was the last of the Chinese leftovers (by now, the veggies were downright limp). Took a starch blocker so I could have 1/2 c. of fried rice to sop up the sauce. Meh. I'm not really missing anything by going low-carb--but the cauliflower in my fridge is green Romesco--which would have made rather disgusting "rice." Bob had fried chicken and spinach salad at the hospital. We'll probably order out tomorrow--either from Cellars again or maybe Indian, Persian or Middle Eastern. I could go for some chicken shwarma or beef kebabs. Used up the last of my hummus & baba ghannouj yesterday lest it go bad.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 24, 2020 07:07AM joycek wrote:

Last night DH did curb side pickup at his favorite rib joint. He had a rack of ribs, baked beans, coleslaw and garlic bread. I ordered a garden salad....huge...good for lunch today also. Tonight will be left over chicken pot pie served on rice.

Can’t wait for this virus to vacate our lives. I feel like I’m living in the Twilight Zone...I think we need to revisit leaving Fl and getting back home. Much more comfortable in NH than West Palm. Healthcare here is not the same and only use it sparingly. I guess one day at a time but I’m a planner so that causes worry.

Hope everyone is staying well and escaping the virus.

Dx 2/23/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/10/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel

Mar 24, 2020 08:14AM carolehalston wrote:

I've been mulling over going gray again. It took me a year when I stopped coloring 7 years ago, age 70. The color on the front half was nice, even with a silvery streak, but the back was still darker. I felt older so went back to color. I recently had a cut but probably will not go back unless the corona virus dangers have lessened in five weeks.

I enjoyed last night's dinner, featuring chicken breast fillets, flattened and spread with brown grainy mustard, then heavily spinkled with bottled Italian grated cheeses. I pressed the cheese into the mustard and cooked for a short time on either side in a hot skillet until browned. Delicious. Side was cauliflower mash and coleslaw. DH dressed the coleslaw with a bottled dressing and mayo and the result was tasty.

Tonight may be filet mignon and baked potato.

I woke up about 5 am for a trip to the bathroom and didn't go back to sleep because of thinking about this current health situation. Things are always so troubling in the dark.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 24, 2020 10:21AM MinusTwo wrote:

Right with you Carole. I'm definitely NOT a morning person. I'm often going to sleep at 2-3am. But I was wide awake at 4am this morning. Guess I was thinking about getting to the grocery store for the 7am opening on what appears to be the last day before total "shelter in place" in Houston for everything but non-essential businesses. That will dump a lot more people into the grocery stores.

I was at Kroger at 6:45am and was #30 in line. They were only letting 10 in at a time. Managed to get what I needed, but since I've always bought in bulk it was only a few fresh things. I considered going out to Total Wine, but I unless this lasts past June I should be OK with both wine & gin. And rumor says liquor stores will be essential businesses anyway. That's serious here in Texas. It took years to finally get beer & wine in the grocery stores but you still can't buy any hard stuff except at a liquor store.

Joyce - the ribs sound delicious. I know you're anxious to head North. What a difficult decision.

Cancelled my eye doc appointment tomorrow & re-scheduled for the end of May. That means two more months without glasses SIGH. But even if the doc was safe, I didn't want to go try on glasses at the optometrist to find something I liked and then sit 1 ft away while they tried to measure the progressive line. At least I have my WalMart cheaters so I can sit & read and totally escape all the news except in small doses.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Mar 24, 2020 11:12AM Moonflwr912 wrote:

i realized i havent been on here since Jan? Where does the time go. Oir Governor put in place Safer at home. Translation, shelter in place without fines if you are out. Wimp

I hope everyobe is feeling ok. I need to read about 10 pages here to catch up. Supper is whatever i can find enough for 6 people, as we are watching the Grandkids while my DD2 works at the clinic nearby. Ill try to oist what i decided on.

Much love to all

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 12/7/2011 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 1/16/2012 Reconstruction (left) Targeted Therapy 2/15/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/15/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/12/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 8/19/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 9/9/2012 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 8/13/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 9/3/2013 Reconstruction (left) Surgery 12/12/2013 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Mar 24, 2020 11:16AM carolehalston wrote:

A bummer situation with the glasses, Minus.

I called the Rouses supermarket that is closest to our house to find out about order and pickup. The manager answered the phone and was very helpful but said they were booked through this week. I asked if the store was busy at the present time. He said no so I hurriedly got dressed and drove there. Sure enough, it wasn't busy and the few other shoppers kept their distance. I wore salon gloves. The only "iffy" situation was checkout, which was handled by two teenage girls who seemed to be newbies at the job.

There was not a single paper product nor an egg in the store. I didn't have the former on my list but I did want to buy eggs and egg beaters. So I went next to our small Piggly Wiggly and, lo and behold, it was well stocked in the egg department. And was not busy. So we should be fine in maintaining our pudgy weight!

Rather than freeze the pricey package of ground beef and another package of ground pork, I will make meat loaf tonight, a main dish that should make dh happy. If the sides are mashed potatoes and peas, he will be in diner heaven.

Nipple-Sparing BMX w/Alloderm & Silicone Implants 7/24/09, Oncotype Dx 9, No Chemo, No Rads, Arimidex Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 24, 2020 11:43AM CeliaC wrote:

Celia here. Thanks for the complements on the silver hair. What helped my decision was younger women purposely dyeing their hair my colour, so I felt like I was being "trendy" (LOL).

We tried Kroger delivery yesterday and got some items. No milk, bread, orange juice, dill pickles (DH eats these with his daily cheese & crackers), raisins, AAA batteries, to name a few. We are good on paper products, so did not try to order. They substituted on some cleaning items ordered even though we specified no substitutions. Now have several unwanted cleaning products totaling around $20 that cannot be returned. Given the price of delivery & tip, less than pleased with results. Guess you have to just buy whatever you can find in this current climate. We will try to go out to a normally less used grocery this evening before closing time - hoping not too many other shoppers around.

Currently roasted spatchcocked chicken with herbs/lemon from TJs for late lunch/early dinner. Will have along with some cooked frozen veg, since fresh very hard to find.

Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/20/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/4/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 24, 2020 12:03PM - edited Mar 24, 2020 12:03PM by MinusTwo

Eric - did you get home? Hope you'll be able to stay there for a few days anyway before another assignment.

Oh and Moon - great to see you. Glad you are all OK with that crowd around.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Mar 24, 2020 12:08PM auntienance wrote:

We should have had a conference call lol. I was up at the exact same time as Carole for exactly the same reasons. It’s the third gloomy day in a row here which doesn’t help.

A trip to the grocery store was quite depressing. Shelves were empty and the employees looked exhausted. I found myself having to buy larger quantities of things just because that was all that was available. They are out of the oddest things - waxed paper for example. Why? At least eggs were available this time. There will be egg salad for lunch. I don't know what people who actually need toilet paper are doing. There is not a roll to be had in this town.

Tonight is "shore lunch" for dinner. I have leftover boiled potatoes that need using so it will be cod fillets in the air fryer, fried potatoes and applesauce from the freezer.

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 24, 2020 04:57PM eric95us wrote:

90 more minutes to home.

husband of slawson

Mar 24, 2020 05:47PM - edited Mar 24, 2020 05:48PM by M0mmyof2

Tonight was burgers and chips.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Mar 24, 2020 09:14PM - edited Mar 24, 2020 09:16PM by ChiSandy

Monica, your former Gov. would likely have encouraged folks to go to restaurants & bars. No state or city is enforcing even its strictest "shelter in place" orders, at least not yet. (Though Mayor Lightfoot said she's not ruled out using the CPD if & when necessary).

Carole, it's the eggs that are keeping me from getting pudgy again. (Although nothing's gonna get rid of my muffin top--nothing short of cryotherapy followed by surgery, neither of which are gonna happen even long after the pandemic ends. Where are those 19th-century lace-up waist-cinchers when you need 'em)?

On the way home from the union HMO, Bob went to the drive-through at Pompei in Little Italy and brought home chopped salads and sausage & peppers--for both of us. (The place is known for its arancini*, pastas, pizzas and calzone-type "strudels"--so I'm surprised he didn't mind going near-keto tonight). They threw in enough Italian bread to make nearly a loaf, though--so that's gonna go into the fridge for him to toast & nibble when he wants it.

*Ohhh, how I miss arancini! When I was a teen, our landlady was Sicilian and used to send some upstairs to me all the time. And when the Brooklyn College Chorus went out caroling one near-0F Christmas Eve, she fried up extra "feast of the Seven Fishes" stuff too. My grandma was living with us at the time, and reached for the shrimp and calamari. My mom was about to explain to her that it wasn't kosher (before Grandma moved in with us, she kept kosher), but my dad jabbed his elbow into her side and whispered "she's 87, let her eat what she wants." Dad, BTW, brought home fried seafood every Fri. night, and introduced me to raw clams & oysters.

Both parents were raised in kosher homes but eagerly abandoned the practice when they grew up. At our house, Saturday breakfast was bacon & eggs, with bagels, lox and other smoked fish on Sundays. Sounds like a paradox, but the "appetizing stores" where we bought our smoked fishes, cheeses, pickles, olives and candies were "shomer Shabbos" (ergo, closed Saturdays). We had blue laws back then that allowed only delis, appetizing stores, newsstands, luncheonettes and bakeries to be open Sundays. Fortunoff's dept. store was open, in violation of those laws...with a line of police cars out front (no doubt to collect "protection" money).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 24, 2020 10:09PM SpecialK wrote:

I spent the day filing - not exciting, but necessary. These are actually new file boxes for DD, and her files. The papers had been in a somewhat inaccessible area of the garage so she wasn’t yet able to take them with her and because her roommate is a flight attendant they are both trying to stay away from me - so I decided to file and set up the boxes, DH can deliver them to her when he has to attend a meeting on Thurs., which may not happen if they lock down the base - yet to be decided. I’m trying to do one major task a day - I find that it’s easier for me to be home, potentially for quite a while based on my WBC, if I am spreading out the tasks and putting less pressure on myself to get more done. Dinner tonight was pork and pineapple soft tacos with some pickled red onion, shredded cabbage, and goat cheese. We had some brown rice with added sautéed yellow pepper and shredded carrot, and parsley. Today was my husband’s first day working from home. He seemed to do ok - he did go for a walk half way through the day. He was talking on his phone and trying to work on the laptop and I suggested he use his Powerbeats so he could be hands-free, he was so happy! I also learned he talks to himself while reading emails, lol!

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 15 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Mar 24, 2020 10:14PM ChiSandy wrote:

It turns out that having decided not to go to Folk Alliance Int'l's annual convention in NOLA in late Jan. was probably the smartest thing I've done this year. Only a couple of weeks later were Carnival parades and Mardi Gras--revelers cheek-by-jowl, and officials are calling it in retrospect a giant incubator. For all we know there might have been a carrier as early as late January (though I haven't heard reports of any of the FAI attendees coming down with the virus--but not everyone in the folk music scene is active on social media).

Mar 24, 2020 11:24PM Lacey12 wrote:

The supermarket scene is an interesting one. We decided to stop and get some necessities and maybe some salmon (since that’s an easy dinner fix) on our way back from our walk this afternoon. There was lots of produce and some fish, ”safely” packaged rather than in the open case. Again,, no paper products, and this time no clothes detergent. I was struck by how empty the store was and how bored the cashiers and baggers looked. When we arrived at the cashier, the unhappy looking college-age cashier firmly told me that he would NOT be touching my canvas bags. So another safety step to protect the stores’ workers...initiated today! Now I know! I wasn't even allowed to bag our groceries myself.

For our dinner last night, we had a pasta and white bean soup, some interesting vegetable pouches from Traders that I had in the freezer, with a ‘made by me‘ soy-ginger dipping sauce, and my every night salad offering.

Tonight, we ended up not having the salmon after all since DH decided to go back to the store to pick up a roasted chicken (they were on sale) which we had with Alessi risotto,(not as tasty as their farro), basic salad, and crusty bread. Very uninteresting dinner. Tomorrow I’ll bake teriyaki salmon. Carole, I like the sound of your chicken breast dish. Must try that...thanks for the description.

Monica, I admire your energy to care for the grands though this ”stay at home” time. Also envy you being with them! We really miss our local sweetie and if we weren’t the “vulnerable oldsters“ in the family, would definitely be helping her parents managing all of her motor activity while they work in the same space she occupies. Not sure how so many parents are managing homeschooling while distance working for their employers! Yikes!

Eric...hope you are happily home by now for a respite!

Minus, yes, probably a good plan to avoid the optometrist. So many glasses surfaces that have been touched. Hope your cheaters can carry you through! Actually, Charlie Baker (gov) closed all the non-essential businesses today, and I bet optometrists fall in that category....unlike liquor stores! Ha!

Celia....Cute pix! I wish I could go gray with that blondish look, since I am tired of coloring my hair every third week, but that is not in the cards for this brunette. Decisions, decisions......

A local group met via Zoom tonight, and I learned that our town hospital might be interested in having locals sew masks for the staff to wear over their N-95s to extend their usage. Not even sure if that’s best practice, but as in most hospitals here, the PPE supplies are inadequate, so the staff soldiers on in whatever ways they can. What a mess! Anyway, I will plan to make some masks once I get the okay and the specific pattern and fabric choices they want to be used. I’d so rather contribute to this effort than clean out closets or the garage! I keep thinking that after people are back out in circulation, there will be loads of cars transporting clothes and household items, books, etc. to donation sites. My guess is that the sites will be screaming “Stop!!!” like many did after the country was Kondo-ized. Let’s see!

Stay safe and healthy everyone

Mar 24, 2020 11:31PM MinusTwo wrote:

Glad to hear from everybody. Lacey & Moon- thinking of your little ones made me remember this quote - and I figure we can all use a laugh.

A woman is talking with her neighbor asking how the home schooling is going.
The mother responds by saying, "I started out with three. Now one is in detention & two have been expelled."

Mar 25, 2020 12:03AM Lacey12 wrote:

Special...oh the fun you will have learning about DH’s working habits! 😉

And, I wish that I had about one twentieth of your organizational gene! ☺️

Sandy, thanks for your matzah brei directions. Am guessing I will be seeing it again soon with more interesting flavor. The additions you mentioned were what I’d guessed he needed. So that makes me happy!

Mar 25, 2020 08:19AM carolehalston wrote:

The air conditioner stopped producing cold air yesterday afternoon. Compressor wasn't working. So I wasn't about to heat the oven to cook the baking potatoes and meatloaf. I lit the outdoor grill and used it as an oven instead.

This morning our dependable a/c man came and took care of the problem, which, thank GOODNESS, did not call for a new compressor.

The toaster oven wasn't working yesterday either so another Big Box purchase with a short life. It's probably no older than three years.

Dinner tonight will probably be leftover meatloaf slices topped with Rao's and Italian cheese. Maybe the rest of the broccoli and cauliflower, steamed, and a--dah DAH--romaine salad.

Mar 25, 2020 08:49AM SpecialK wrote:

carole - wow, I hope you do not have a trifecta of non-working appliances, and the process stops at two! I feel fortunate that we had the washer leak and floor damage at DD's house and the water heater at ours - and nothing else! So far...

No idea what will be for dinner - I am trying to be strategic about fridge and freezer space and use my perishables first. I have a plethora of peppers for some reason, so maybe either fajitas or pepper steak - haven't decided yet. Or maybe stuffed peppers? Hmmm...

A bit concerned about my paper product supplies, due to the water heater debacle I was late to the store and they were already out of both paper towels and TP and any new supplies seem to be snatched up like they were made of gold. I do have eggs so could maybe trade minus for TP, but the commute could be a problem, lol! I chided DH about paper towel use this morning and got a frosty look - but he hasn't been to the store and seen the empty shelves... and I am rationing the use of TP, but if this is my biggest problem I will be happy!

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 15 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

Mar 25, 2020 10:46AM - edited Mar 25, 2020 10:46AM by M0mmyof2

Bisquick's Pizza Bake tonight

Mar 25, 2020 10:49AM MinusTwo wrote:

Mommy: I was able to snag some Bisquick yesterday. Do you have a recipe for the Pizza Bake?

Mar 25, 2020 02:00PM eric95us wrote:

I don't know how it would be possible to do a complete 24 hour curfew. The workers in essential industries and businesses, plus the people getting stuff from the essential stores, would make it difficult to differentiate between "proceed" and "go home".

The past two weeks' eating and lack of exercise, fortunately, wasn't too bad for my weight loss...I only gained 2 pounds and I think that my running will help remove that.

I was working at a quarantine center and there was some joking with the US Marshals about the security procedures, "We have 100 rolls of toilet paper here. Would it be worth 'talking shop' with the folks who guard the nation's gold reserves?"

I'm going to go run....that's a nice (hopefully solitary) activity.

husband of slawson

Mar 25, 2020 05:23PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

I do. Will post it tomorrow morning.

Mar 25, 2020 08:47PM Magari wrote:

A couple of nights ago I made an Indian-style red lentil soup served with a dollop of Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro. We also had artichokes dipped in butter/balsamic vinegar. Kind of a strange combo, but both delicious and made from what I had on hand.

Last night we ordered fried chicken, mashed potatoes and collards for pickup from a favorite neighborhood restaurant. Complete with spicy margaritas, which is a way that they're bending the rules for restaurants in the current climate. Alcohol is allowed for take-out so long as it's with food and in a sealed container.

We have leftovers of everything but the drinks for tonight. I just made myself a bourbon sour, and my husband picked up "crowlers" of hazy IPA from our local brewery.

Lunch today was homemade egg salad on sesame bagels from another favorite neighborhood place. Tomorrow we'll have petrale sole from our fish CSA with the other two artichokes and either rice or orzo..

We are trying to buy local as much as possible right now so that the businesses we love here in SF make it through this.

I also sent pre-payment for my next couple of haircuts/colors to my stylist today, since she is paying rent for her station but unable to work due to the COVID-19 order.

Be well, everyone!

Diagnosed at 54; Bilateral mastectomy with DTI reconstruction 10/16/17; Revision surgery to switch implants 7/19/19; Cold capped during chemo - TCHP 11/26/17 Dx 9/1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 8/16/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 9/16/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 26, 2020 01:52AM ChiSandy wrote:

Magari, what a great idea! I think I will Venmo the cost of a mani & tip to my nail tech, who is the owner, but she also uses her tips to pay the receptionist. The salon is in the heart of Lincoln Park, so the rent is likely fearsome. (She lives in the "Asia/Argyle" neighborhood).

Mar 26, 2020 09:14AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Minus, here it is!

Bisquick Pizza Bake

3 1/3 c. Bisquick

1 c. Milk

2 cans pizza sauce (2 cups)

1 pkg. sliced pepperoni (8oz)

2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded (8oz)

add other toppings you prefer

1. Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.

In a med. bowl mix Bisquick and milk until soft dough forms, drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly over bottom of dish (dough will not completely cover the bottom). Drizzle 1can of pizza sauce over dough. Scatter half the pepperoni over sauce. Top with one cup of cheese and other toppings. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese and remaining toppings. Bake 20 to25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.

(I use 2 c. spaghetti sauce for pizza sauce)

Mar 26, 2020 02:11PM auntienance wrote:

I plan to do the same for my hair stylist. She works out of her home but this will still be hard on her.

Spent the morning using up things that needed using - made hot cross buns and baked custards. 70 degrees today so it’s pork steaks on the grill tonight and maybe potato salad

Nancy: Oncotype score 26 Dx 6/9/2011, DCIS/IDC: Tubular/IDC: Cribriform, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/22/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/25/2011 Balloon-catheter: Breast Chemotherapy 10/3/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 26, 2020 03:20PM SpecialK wrote:

Will also be paying my beautification folks - I feel like it is especially important for the one who is a young widow with a young son and is a sole practitioner in her own shop!

I made something different - for me - last night. I thawed some boneless chicken breasts and sprinkled them with Trader Joe's taco seasoning and indoor grilled them. Made a pot of grits, adding some butter and parmesan cheese at the end. In pan sautéed some red onion, yellow and red pepper in olive oil, when almost done, added the chicken which I had cut into strips. put the grits in bowls and topped with the chicken and pepper mixture and generously peppered them. All was going well until DH answered a call on his cell...then talked for half an hour. Sigh...

Today DH went to work for a video teleconference that he could not do at home. Said he would be gone for 2 hours max. That was five hours ago. Lol! Ask me if I am surprised... Tonight will be a lower effort meal - tuna melts and French onion soup. Highlight of the day - I organized all of my leggings.

Mar 26, 2020 03:45PM eric95us wrote:

Hopefully the 2 hour video conference didn't turn into a "3 hour tour". :-)

husband of slawson

Mar 26, 2020 03:46PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mommy - thanks for the Bisquick recipe. I'm surprised that it's layers. Interesting. Since I was unable to get a box but only a couple of 'envelopes', I'll likely try to cut in half & use an 8x8 pan.

Page 1233 of 1,236 (37,052 results)