Join Us

We are 218,138 members in 84 forums discussing 160,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: After Radiation

Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During, and After —

What to expect from treatment and ways to cope with side effects.

Posted on: Mar 8, 2011 05:02PM - edited Mar 8, 2011 05:05PM by FireKracker

FireKracker wrote:

OK NOW WHAT DO WE DO?

I finished the Rads 3 weeks ago.Now What???

Kind of cream?deoderant?soap?exercise?etc.

How do we get back to our life before BC?

And how long is this process.I would like to hear from other sistas what they are doing and how they are feeling after the RADS are over.

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Page 139 of 141 (4,211 results)

Posts 4141 - 4170 (4,211 total)

Mar 11, 2013 11:47AM FireKracker wrote:

im here...Tori sent me a message to check in.Tomorrow is the big day.The day i have been waiting for...gosh its been so long having all this tummy stuff....i swear it all came back from the rads.Now i have a leaky valve with a murmur in the heart.when i asked the dr.if all this crap came from the rads his answer was there is not much evidence to prove anything....

looks like Tori and I will need a pocket party at the same time!!!!!!my surgery is around 10am and hers is around 10:30....

im takin my ipad with me...i hope ill be able to use it in a day or two.

just say a prayer please that i dont get an infection.1% does.Please GOD dont let it be me.

Ill be back.xoxoxo grannydukes

Mar 11, 2013 05:44PM - edited Mar 11, 2013 09:29PM by ToriGirl

ptdreamers and GmaFoley....thanks for joining the pocket party today!  You two are too funny...I heard you being all crazy in there...and exactly when I needed a little comical intermission, you didn't let me down!  Thanks!  (the chocolate was so yummy too!)

I opted for the 3D mammogram today...might as well get in with the up to date stuff...came back with the all clear on that one!  Yay! 

MRI...yuck...have to wait a few days to get results on that one...I'm hoping and praying though that since the mammogram was all good, this one will be too!  I just hate waiting though...  

GRANNY!!  Remember..I'm gonna be in your pocketbook!  I'm probably gonna be a little fiesty in there..wanting to come out and play, but I will hold myself back until after your surgery...love you lady!

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 11, 2013 08:08PM new2bc wrote:

grannydukes,

Wishing you the best of luck for your surgery tomorrow. All of us in this board would like to jump into your pocket for your surgery. Please keep us updated when you can. Take care! 

Mar 12, 2013 05:14PM ToriGirl wrote:

Anyone hear from Granny or how she is doing?

WE LOVE YOU GRANNY!

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 03:33AM walley wrote:

How you doing granny?Tori girl I pray for good results on your mammogram.Have a good weekend all!!!

Walley Dx 2/13/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2013 07:05AM GmaFoley wrote:

Granny was chatting on another topic. She is in a lot of pain and refusing to leave the hospital until its in control. She said they haven't changed he gown and is very angry.

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 17, 2013 08:27PM ToriGirl wrote:

Thanks for the update GmaFoley...I've been wondering if someone heard from her...  :)

Walley...all good on the mammogram..just waiting on the MRI....hate waiting!  GRRRR...  :)

Hope everyone got a little bit of the Irish luck today!

Tori

Mar 20, 2013 03:26PM GmaFoley wrote:

A flat out question for all - If I were to have a mastectomy, would that make the "chronic" nerve pain in my breast go away?

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2013 04:25PM ptdreamers wrote:

Good question GMAFoley. I don't know. I have wondered the same thing. My seroma is so uncomfortable and my ribs hurt so I wonder should I ask about a mastectomy to resolve the problem. I wonder though if we wouldn't be opening ourselves to other problems.

ptdreamers, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. . Sail away. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Dx 8/26/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2013 05:17PM GmaFoley wrote:

I think if I just take it off with no reconstruction, it would be ok ??

Mar 21, 2013 09:55AM GmaFoley wrote:

Ptdreamers - I will have to wait until Monday to call my BS over that question. He is gone until next week. - I am weighing all my options before just accepting I will be on pain drugs all my life.

Mar 21, 2013 10:04AM ptdreamers wrote:

Gma, Let me know what he thinks. Thanks

ptdreamers, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. . Sail away. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Dx 8/26/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 22, 2013 03:36PM FireKracker wrote:

I'm back..alive and kickin.
Fighting with the hospital about that damn bed that I told them when they called to let their mother sleep on it just for one nite.or bing it to prison.give it to the sex offenders.boy did I give her hell.so you know I'm beta.
I do love all of you and I did feel each and everyone of you in different spots.
god put us together for a reason.For me it's a lifesaver.
Hugs everyone grannydukes

Mar 22, 2013 09:32PM ToriGirl wrote:

GRANNY!!  So glad that you are back and fiesty as ever!  I love it!  Things will be get back to normal with you here!

xoxo

Tori

Mar 23, 2013 03:54AM walley wrote:

Granny glad to see you post!!!!!!Hope you are feeling better.Cool

Mar 23, 2013 06:48AM GmaFoley wrote:

Welcome back Granny!

Mar 23, 2013 08:08AM FireKracker wrote:

Home sweet Home...never felt betta about anyplace.Ill be here forever.

xoxoxo

grannydukes

Mar 23, 2013 07:36PM new2bc wrote:

grannydukes,

welcome back! Everyone here missed you. Are you still in pain?

I wish you a speedy recovery.   

Mar 24, 2013 07:46AM FireKracker wrote:

Nice to be back.yes I'm in pain but not the surgery...the back.ill live...bitching and moaning like the same old same old.
Hope everyone is doin good.

Mar 27, 2013 08:19PM ToriGirl wrote:

Granny!

Always a sight for sore eyes!

Missed you something fierce!

Crazy busy for me right now, but doing my best to get here and check on everyone as much as I can...

I could use an extra prayer or two if anyone can..

Love and prayers for all...

Tori

Mar 29, 2013 03:20PM FireKracker wrote:

Torigirl-----you know that i always say an extra prayer for you honey!!!!!

We have been walkin together for yrs.now...

stay busy and stay well

hugggs grannydukes

Mar 29, 2013 05:02PM artpetals wrote:

Hi girls!

I have read back a few pages and I like this group!

I have one more day of radiation on Monday (28 days total). My chemo SEs were starting to go away but two weeks into radiation I started feeling them again! So I have been taking more Percocet to get through rads but I am hopeful that my feet and hands and legs will get better as I recover from radiation.

This week I have been uber-tired and the hot flashes have gotten more intense. And then the day before yesterday I had to use my hands to pushmyself up off the sofa, so evidently my weak chemo legs are back, also.

Did any of you notice your hot flashes getting worse during the last days of radiation? Did they get a little less intense as you recovered from radiation?

new2BC, I had subclinical lymphedema before radiation started. I went to PT and learned the drainage exercises and got a compression sleeve. My PT told me to wear the compression sleeve every day during radiation as she said if I were going to get full-blown lymphedema, it could happen during radiation. My radiologist agreed that radiation is an increased risk for lymphedema, so I have done my exercises and worn the compression sleeve most of the days. And when I fly in the future, I will wear the sleeve. So far, the arm is in good shape although the tissue expander area is swollen. Evidently lymphedema can even show up 20 years after a mastectomy.

This week I have had brain fog and temporarily lost a jacket, my cell phone, and an insurance form!

Will you all do the happy dance with me Monday after my last treatment?

I would appreciate your prayers for clear thinking and energy by Thursday as I have a job interview!

P.S. I am 53 and I backpacked 50 miles in six days in Yosemite before my mastectomy last year...I had survived a horrific divorce when I was diagnosed with the BC. The chemo and radiation have definitely knocked my legs out from under me!

Mar 30, 2013 03:36AM walley wrote:

Sending prayers for all you ladies.Have a Happy Easter everyoneSmile

Apr 1, 2013 12:38PM GmaFoley wrote:

Ladies - I came to say my goodbyes. I love you all but can't stay..

Apr 1, 2013 02:57PM FireKracker wrote:

happy Easter Wally.

GmaF....gonna miss you....please pm your after rads friends.We love youxoxoxo

grannydukes

Apr 1, 2013 03:57PM Waitingforthenextstep wrote:

artpetals,

I have been having a similar experience.  I had a 4 week break between taxol and rads.  I had bad SE's from the taxol, body aches, achy leaden legs.  After a while I started to feel better, aches really subsided.  After 10 rad tx's the fatigue and aches came back.  I have been resting after rads, but am so over it.  5 more tx's to go, hoping my skin will hold out.  

Apr 2, 2013 12:04PM FireKracker wrote:

Hello new york.my home town.

just want to give you a bit of advice...

this thread is goin for a long time.at the beg.we had a large group who all finished the rads together.there is a ton of great info from the very beg.Its really worth reading.

All the best.

huggs grannydukes

Apr 13, 2013 12:37PM walley wrote:

Hi everyone, hope all is well.Have a great weekend!

Apr 13, 2013 05:17PM FireKracker wrote:

Gee Wally...every once in a while you show up and bring this thread back to life.Thank you for that.

Miss seeing your smiling face.please come back often.

huggs Grannydukes

Apr 26, 2013 12:31PM walley wrote:

Hi, everyone have a great weekend.Cool

Page 139 of 141 (4,211 results)