We are 212,287 members in 82 forums discussing 151,850 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Protein Levels May Predict Skin Side Effects From Radiation

Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During, and After —

What to expect from treatment and ways to cope with side effects.

Posted on: Aug 9, 2018 03:08PM

Moderators wrote:

C-Reactive Protein Levels May Help Predict Risk of Severe Skin Side Effects From Radiation
August 9, 2018

A small study suggests that women with high C-reactive protein levels have a higher risk of severe skin side effects from radiation treatment for breast cancer. Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Aug 9, 2018 08:35PM Meow13 wrote:

interesting.

Aug 9, 2018 08:53PM - edited Aug 9, 2018 08:55PM by 814911

This is interesting information. The skin around and under my breast got terribly blistered and burned. I often develop a rash and irritation as a result of the radiation.

A lipoma formed in my upper arm shortly after the removal of lymph nodes and lumpectomy.

I also developed a frozen shoulder on the side of the lumpectomy. The orthopedic surgeon told me it was a result of the breast cancer surgery. I have just started PT shoulder is thawing. I think the worst part of this treatment is now feeling like a fat slob as a result of the tamoxifen. I'm tearful all the time, I can't sleep, and often feel irritated.

ER+,PR+,HER2+, Grade 3, Dx 8/14/15, FISH 9/11 waited 3 weeks for result! Dx 8/14/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 10/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy Chemotherapy Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Aug 9, 2018 09:31PM Meow13 wrote:

I feel kind of that way. I was doing so well before BC. Now excess weight and discomfort from surgery.

Sep 5, 2018 05:19PM - edited Sep 5, 2018 05:21PM by 814911

Hi, Meow, I get so frustrated. The Tomoxifen puts me in the worst mood. My freaking stomach looks like I am eight months pregnant. There has to be a better way. Also the skin under my breast is inflamed all summer. When I was going through radiation I felt like I was in Frankenstein's lab. Am I the only one who is so bitter about this bitch of a diagnosis and the treatment that was required? I feel like my life ended the day I was told you have triple positive breast cancer. No man would want to be with me,a can and can you blame them.

ER+,PR+,HER2+, Grade 3, Dx 8/14/15, FISH 9/11 waited 3 weeks for result! Dx 8/14/2015, IDC, Right, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 10/19/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy Chemotherapy Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)