Topic: Starting Radiation October 2019

Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During, and After — What to expect from treatment and ways to cope with side effects.

Posted on: Sep 30, 2019 07:08PM

Posted on: Sep 30, 2019 07:08PM

kamboka wrote:

Is anyone else starting radiation in October? I was supposed to start today but it took them so long to do the x-rays and more markings that they mercifully postponed the treatment until tomorrow--which is October. I will be having 30 treatments over six weeks.

Dx 1/4/2019, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, FISHISHCISH Chemotherapy 3/15/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/8/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Dx 7/9/2019, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 7/23/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/2/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole)

Page 187 of 187 (1,866 results)

Jun 23, 2022 06:09AM petite1 wrote:

The refrigerator guy did not have the correct part and had to order it. He will be back on Friday. Today I am going to lunch with my BFF. Husband is not doing well. He is going to call the cardiologist to go over meds.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 23, 2022 07:02PM mocame wrote:

Petite1 - I'm so sorry your husband is having those headaches again. How frustrating. Does the weather affect them? Your California trip sounds like fun. You can do that stuff when you're young. Now at my age, I would be so worried about the RV breaking down. LOL. Look at the wonderful memories you made.

Kamboka - I hope it doesn't rain during the reunion. Florida is known for their pop-up storms during the summer and I hope that it's nothing more than that. Will you have to go out of the country again for your job or are you done doing that?

Dx 2/12/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR- Dx 8/22/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/6/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/28/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 25, 2022 12:48PM kamboka wrote:

petite1: How is your husband? Maybe it was those few days last week that were so hot. We hit 101 on one of those days. I don't every remember being even above 95 since I came here two years ago. It wasn't that bad though.

mocame: I now have 134 items listed. Last week I had a few sales but nothing in the last two days. I'm lowering prices like crazy. I had to do a refund this week. One lady said she had emailed me that she didn't want one of the three vases that she bought. I sent everything so now she is wanting a $5 refund for shipping. Seems nitpicky but I did it so I can keep my rating up.

I'm monioring the weather like crazy and it's looking like rain all weekend. What a bummer. We've had a month of little to no rain and the holiday weekend might be a soaker. I'm so ready for this reunion to be over. I'm still trying to see if I can get back $500 for renting a building for our dinner when I thought I'd have 100 people. Wish me luck as this reunion is costing me a lot of money. I was trying to save up for my western tour this fall. The Yellowstone hotel in Gardiner finally sent me a note saying they would be refunding me the money as they won't be open. I feel bad for them as that's their income. I've rerouted myself to enter the park from the east instead of the north. However, they are doing even/odd license plate days. I'll have to make sure my rental car has the correct plate.

Dx 1/4/2019, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, FISHISHCISH Chemotherapy 3/15/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/8/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Dx 7/9/2019, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 7/23/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/2/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole)

Jun 28, 2022 07:06AM petite1 wrote:

mocame, Travel while you can. Getting old is not pleasant. My pool husband felt bad all day and then a terrible spell for hours last night. I feel something else is going on and not just the cluster headaches. I tried to get him to go to the hospital, but he wouldn't. Of course the head would be gone when he got there.

Kamboka, I hope you can get a refund. The afternoon storms have been intense over here. We didn't get to 100, but the feels like temperature did. One night it stayed in the 80's and I don't ever remember a night that hot. We have been jumping and jumping out of the pool.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/20/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 28, 2022 09:01AM kamboka wrote:

petite1: It's like Murphy's law--when you get to the hospital the symptoms go away! I hope that they can give him something to address the cause. The last few weeks my foot neuropathy has been driving me crazy at night. The pads burn so bad. I have all kinds of foot creams but nothing seems to work. I've got CBD, menthol, lidocaine, frankincense, homeopathic blends, etc.

We've not had any afternoon storms in over two weeks. But, they are coming just in time to 'ruin' my three day reunion. It looks like all holiday weekend will be scattered storms. The best I can hope for is a little sun for a few hours and rain early morning or a pop up later in the afternoon that doesn't last long. I'm fearing that the waters will be chopping and we can't do the swimming at the beach. We've been having a lot of yellow flag days and had a red one a few days ago. At this point, I'm out of an extra thousand dollars and rain, so I just want this to happen safely and be over with. :)

My immediate family is coming today. I just realized that I dont' have any food in the house.

Jun 29, 2022 09:26AM petite1 wrote:

Kamboka, I hope all works out and you have a wonderful family time and the reunion goes as planned. My husband is doing better. It seems he had the headaches for about 2 months, last year. I think it started June 6 this year. I will be glad when they go away and he is back to doing what he enjoys.

Page 187 of 187 (1,866 results)

Scroll to top button