Topic: Starting Radiation October 2019

Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During, and After — What to expect from treatment and ways to cope with side effects.

Posted on: Oct 1, 2019 01:08PM

Posted on: Oct 1, 2019 01:08PM

kamboka wrote:

Is anyone else starting radiation in October? I was supposed to start today but it took them so long to do the x-rays and more markings that they mercifully postponed the treatment until tomorrow--which is October. I will be having 30 treatments over six weeks.

Dx 1/4/2019, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, FISHISHCISH Chemotherapy 3/15/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 7/9/2019, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 7/9/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 7/23/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/2/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole)

Page 191 of 201 (2,002 results)

Aug 27, 2022 02:21AM petite1 wrote:

3 year visit went well, but starting Prolia injections next week.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/21/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 28, 2022 12:28AM mocame wrote:

Petite - I'm glad your 3 year visit went well. I had my BS visit this week and everything is fine too. I am actually graduating to only being seen by her once a year! Yay! I have no side effects from the Prolia injections but you do need to take very good care of your teeth. You shouldn't have any extractions while on Prolia. I had a dental scare last week. After being on Prolia for almost 3 years, my dentist's office just realized this summer that it wasn't mentioned in my charts and they were very on edge about it. I talked about Prolia a lot so I don't know why it wasn't in their charts. Last week I started feeling some aching and sensitivity in some of my teeth and went to see them right away. We think it was a combination of my sinuses and grinding of my teeth/clenching of my jaw due to my stressful work. They did find the very start of a cavity and will fill that right away. I will also need crowns put on 2 teeth too. They are trying to jump on these early so it doesn't lead to a possible extraction.

Kamboka - Have a safe trip home. We do not have any elections here right now. It sounds like you won't be home long until you turn around and go back. How long will you be there the next time?

My ebay sales were great last week. I sold 8 things in 7 days but since then I haven't sold anything. Work has been super busy. I'm working more hours than my boss but some of that is due to my coworker having an unexpected death in the family and had to fly to another state for the services, clean out apartment, financial stuff, etc. I just feel like all of the hours we put in isn't appreciated at all and the stress is starting to take a toll on me. I'm hoping next week will be at least a little better.

Dx 2/12/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR- Dx 8/22/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/7/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 12/6/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 30, 2022 06:08AM kamboka wrote:

petite1: Were you on an oral biphosphate and now they are starting you on Prolia? I had my labs scheduled for Thursday and my Reclast IV on Friday. I got word today that my flight to Brussels to DC for tomorrow had been cancelled. They have rebooked me on a flight Wednesday through Frankfurt. That means that I will not get home until late Thursday night. I had to cancel my labs. I also had a pain clinic visit to see if we can do something about my foot neuropathy. I heard there was a new prescription patch that I want to try. Not sure if they can do my labs on Friday morning before Reclast or I have to reschedule everything. I don't really have the time as I am on vacation almost three weeks in the month and supposed to come back to Angola in October.

So far, the election has been peaceful although they have announced the winner yet. The preliminary results show the ruling party ahead. They've been ruling for almost 50 years and the young folks want a change. Hoping the protests can stay peaceful.

mocame: Glad your sales went well last week. I miss my dinging phone. I hope you have some good dental insurance. Dentistry is so expensive. Did you say that you can get overtime pay or are you salary with no benefits for working more hours. At least we can get 'comp' time when we do overtime work.

Dx 1/4/2019, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, FISHISHCISH Chemotherapy 3/15/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 7/9/2019, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 7/9/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 7/23/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/2/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/22/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole)

Aug 31, 2022 01:03AM petite1 wrote:

mocame, I get the first injection on Thursday. I had the mamo & ultrasound, yesterday. I am not expecting any changes, but still makes me a little anxious. Glad you sales are up. Mine went pretty well this weekend, but I have a couple no pay or slow pay buyers.

Kamboka, The PCP prescribed the oral meds, but due to my IBS, not a good med for me. The MO prescribed the Prolia. I get the first dose on Thursday. I hope you have a safe trip home.

petite Dx 8/23/2019, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/21/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 1, 2022 09:19PM mocame wrote:

Kamboka - I hope you have a safe trip home. It would be interesting to be in a foreign country during elections and to see how their process works. How long will you be gone during your next trip? I do not have any dental insurance, so we have to pay for it out of pocket or use our medical reimbursement if we have anything left. I do not get any overtime pay. I am salaried. I now have enough hours to equal 24 days of overtime. Some department heads will pay their employees if they have worked excessive overtime, even if salaried. Mine does not.

Petite - I hope your injection goes well with no issues. I haven't heard too many people that have had any reactions.

Dx 2/12/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR- Dx 8/22/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/7/2019 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 12/6/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 2, 2022 03:15AM petite1 wrote:

mocame, Most of the Nursing Homes I worked at paid certain department heads a flat salary and sometimes a bonus. As it is becoming a distant memory, my Admission Director was salaried, my Director of Nursing was salaried, my assistant DON was salaried and of course i was. I think my Social worker, Maintenance, Activities and BOM were hourly. The rest, I don't recall. Housekeeping and Rehab were contracted (out sourced). During the 2004 hurricanes, I would work 48 hours, with naps in my office. I would leave the building when the hurricane warning was all clear. I remember during one of them (Florida had 4 that year), when I got home, I was so tired I just sat in my shuttered dark house crying and drinking a glass of wine. Since it was 7:00 am, I was rather embarrassed when my neighbor came by to check on me. LOL I am glad to be retired.

Sep 3, 2022 10:53AM kamboka wrote:

I finally made it home last night at 9:00 after my 30 hour journey. The flight up from Angola to Frankfurt was backed so no rest. Luckily on the flight to DC I had an empty seat beside me and was able to rest a bit. I supposed to go back in October if they can get my paperwork ready. Today, I had a 6:00am lab visit and then back to clinic at 9:00 for my Reclast. It went well and so far, I'm feeling okay. They say you might have fever, chills and muscle aches. I've been busy washing clothes, unpacking and repacking for both the trip back to Africa and my vacation that starts on Thursday.

petite1: I know we are in hurricane season and I'm hoping for the best since I'll be away from home a lot. I do worry about the house when I'm gone even though my brother or sister comes every few weeks and I have great neighbors. I brought them back some candy from the Frankfurt airport. The country I'm working in does have any souvenirs per se.

I didn't find any estate sale worth going to tomorrow. It's probably good since I need to finish up my expense report so I can get paid pack for the last 42 days.

Sep 5, 2022 11:32PM petite1 wrote:

Kamboka, Welcome home. My ebay sales have dropped, somewhat. Since I do auctions, they are selling, but lower than I expected. I am not sure if it is the season or the economy. I did not go to the antique Labor Day Event. I just didn't feel like doing a lot of driving, sweating in 92 degree weather and I don't any trinkets. I did get the trinkets out from under the bed, so things are selling. Good luck with all your appointments.

Sep 6, 2022 03:37AM kamboka wrote:

I had my Reclast on Friday and I'm happy to say that I didn't have any side effects that I know of. I'm hoping that it doesn't bother my joints in the future. I'm in the process of packing for my nine state road trip that starts Thursday. I'm hoping they don't cancel our flights-especially my mom's-as we are starting for three different places. I did schedule two days in the Denver area, just in case. The weather out west has been hot so I'm not expecting the typical cold weather in a few of the stops. I still have my big suitcase out as I will probably be going back overseas within a week or two of getting back. I just realized that I've gained 10 pounds in the last year. I've got to do better when I get back. I swear that nothing takes my appetite away. :)

Sep 8, 2022 12:22AM petite1 wrote:

Kamboka, I am hoping you have a wonderful trip.

Page 191 of 201 (2,002 results)

Scroll to top button