Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Edge knife radiation of brain

I am scheduled for the imaging and planning of upcoming Edge Knife radiation to my brain. I had one mass, large at 4.2cm. I won’t know how many sessions until next week, but so far they think around five. I am about four weeks from the resection. It was in the occipital and parietal lobe area, so the upper back part of my head. What are some things I can do to prepare for this? How long should I anticipate side effects?

Many thanks

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2022

Hi waves2stars, I think you might want to post this on the brain mets thread. This forum is more early stage & I don't know if people from the stage 4 forums come here often. The brain mets peeps will likely know about this procedure...

• waves2stars
    waves2stars Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2022

Thanks, Moth. I wasn’t sure if I ought to post there because the MO hasn’t definitively decided if it’s breast or lung cancer, yet. I’m getting radiation either way.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2022

I'd argue brain mets are brain mets, regardless of what you learn about the primary.

This forum is more about breast radiation. The brain mets sisters will be more helpful I think