Join Us

We are 220,345 members in 84 forums discussing 161,891 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: countdown to chemo

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Feb 3, 2008 11:33AM

bean4865 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't all think I am an obssesser...but I am. I start chemo on Friday the 8th. I am extremely nervous. People say the best way to describe the way you feel after chemo as very BLAH!!! You just don't feel good/right. Do you feel that way the whole time you are in treatment which for me is 12 weeks? If so, I think it will be a long 12 weeks. Iam trying to do so much this weekend...getting the house cleaned and in order, baking,etc. Kind of like when I was going in for my surgery. I work full time as a teachers aide so I am afraid by the time work is out I won't feel like doing anything...but I don't know.I wish I had a crystal ballUndecided...maybe not. Everyone seems to agree that chemo is doable. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Kathleen Browning Dx 10/25/2007, ILC, 2cm, Grade 1, 0/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Feb 3, 2008 03:52PM lizws wrote:

Hi Kathleen,

Everyone reacts to chemo differently.  I know many who would get chemo on Thursday or Friday and return to work on Monday.  I personally wasn't working so I didn't hve to deal with that.  I was never sick from my chemo.  My "down" days were usually days 3 & 4.  I did have bone pain from the Nuelasta shots but learned to control it after the first shot. 

All you can do is take one day at a time.  We are here for you.  Hang in there and don't forget to drink lots and lots of water! 

Liz

Feb 3, 2008 04:17PM carstell wrote:

Hey Kathleen,

It's me again. I am doing the cleaning and shopping like I am going to have a baby. I tell my friends I am chemo nestingLaughing I have been a bit more weepy and scared this week too. I have been talking to another group on another website. One of them had their first chemo a fewdays ago. She did pretty well. Was nauseaus but didn't puke. The Neulasta made her joints ache(Advil) She also mentioned Biotene mouthwash and sucking on ice chips before during and after to ward off mouthsores.Mints to get rid of the metalic taste.

She hit day 5 today and said she felt much better today.

I will be thinking of you on Friday. I am suposed to start my chemo at 10am. Here we go!

CAS Dx 11/12/2007, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 7, 2008 09:07AM figsgirls wrote:

Hi Kathleen and Carstell,

What is your chemo regimen going to be? It is true everyone is different. The first round will probably be the easiest in terms of how you feel - the se's tend to accumulate. I did not work during chemo, but my routine was chemo on Monday, felt great until the end of the day on Wednesday. Then I would slide until around Saturday afternoon, when I would begin to feel better again. My head was usually very fuzzy Thursday - Sunday.

Be good to yourself, accept help, drink lots of water, and let the onc. know what your se's are - they have lots of ways to help you deal with them. And although it doesn't seem like it while you're going through it, it will be over before you know it.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Diag. 4/11/07 ILC 4.3cm 1/14 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2-. Lump., bilat.mast. 4AC 12 Taxol, Tamox. Implant recon.

Feb 7, 2008 02:10PM LauraGTO wrote:

Hi Kathleen and carstell...

There's lots of good advice here. But, I totally "hear" you. My first day of chemo...you would have thought I was being driven to a lethal injection! I was a nervous wreck. But once I was situated, that ol' positive attitude/spirit kicked in - you know- the spirit that all of us girls possess....fight, fight, fight! You will feel victorious, after all, you will be zapping away those bad cancer cells, and you are getting all new healthy cells, and you are in control of this beast, and you, will win! So THERE! LOL Hope this helps...sorry... hope this doesn't seem too weird. But really...it's how I felt. Best wishes to you...we're here for you - 24/7!

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 7, 2008 04:36PM Sunshine99 wrote:

My experience was this:  I was a nervous wreck just before it started.  I walked into the chemo room and NO ONE was crying, throwing up, moaning, or otherwise unhappy!  WOW - what a surprise.  The very kind nurse started my infusion... No big deal.  My sister was with me and we were talking to the people on either side of us - just normal very nice people.

When they finished their treatments, the nurse unhooked them, they got up and walked out.  I guess I thought they would go out in wheelchairs, stretchers, etc., (just kidding), but it really was very uneventful.

We went to dinner that night and I felt fine. 

The fatigue and some of the joint aches started on around day 4-5.  Tylonal Extra Strength helped with that.  Today is day 9 and I'm feeling pretty good.

The anticipation is much worse that the actual event.  You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.  Let us know how it goes for you.  Don't forget to drink LOTS of water.

Sunshine

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 7, 2008 07:01PM - edited Jul 6, 2010 07:57PM by Maire67

This Post was deleted by Maire67.
Dx 6/2005, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, metastasized to bone, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)