Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: PAIN & DEPRESSION

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Mar 2, 2008 05:41PM

neeliecar wrote:

I just had my expanders replaced 9 days ago with silicone implants.  The pain is almost as bad as the first day and the painkillers aren't even taking the pain away.  I feel like my life is so boring and that there is nothing to look forward to and I am tired of being in constant pain for over 6 months now.  I thought after this surgery and all the chemo was over, that things would get better.  Has anyone else had these feelings and how long do they last?  And how long does the damn pain last.  I am so tired of being in constant pain.  Am I doomed to live with it forever?

Eileen (neeliecar) - Don't plan for tomorrow, live for today! Dx 7/20/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Mar 2, 2008 07:20PM nash wrote:

Oh, gosh, Neelie, I'm sorry you're in such pain. Have you posted over on the reconstruction board, and if so, what have the girls over there said? I haven't had expanders done, so I can't comment on the pain, but it seems like it should be getting better soon, and if not, your surgeon should explain why or when you might expect some relief.

Sorry I'm not more helpful--just wanted to give you some support. 

Stage IV Pleomorphic ILC, initially diagnosed at age 38 Dx 6/7/2007, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/19/2007 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/1/2007 CAF Radiation Therapy 12/27/2007 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/24/2015, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/15/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 2/1/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 6/20/2018, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 7/17/2020, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/17/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 7/23/2020 Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy External: Brain

Mar 4, 2008 04:13PM LauraGTO wrote:

Gee...I feel bad you're going through a tough time with it. I don't have any advice relating to the implants, because I don't have them, but I do hope you're feeling better soon. Definately check out the reconstruction forum...if you already haven't. Best wishes...

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 4, 2008 04:30PM lewisfamily503 wrote:

Hi Neelie, I am Really sorry you are feeling so bad. It sounds like you might be having some depression on top of EVERYTHING else! I strongly suggest you talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. There is no reason to put up with this. There are ways to help you, some drug-related and some non-drug related, but the thing is, there ARE ways to help you feel better!. I know that after my first surgery (still waiting for the exchange) I had A LOT of pain for quite awhile (weeks) and I called the doctor in tears and felt really hopeless like you are describing. It DOES get better. Sending all the hugs I can muster to you!!!

Take Care,
Anne

Anne Dx 10/19/2007, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+

Mar 4, 2008 11:51PM Gitane wrote:

Neelie,
I had expanders in, now they're replaced with saline implants. I didn't have the pain you are having. Let your surgeon know, there is surely a medication that could make you much more comfortable than these pain meds that aren't working for you.

I also went through depression and you will find reading on these boards that many of us do. It was the worst for me much later in the process than most, almost a year out from chemo and 6 months out from my last surgery. The meds, the hormone manipulation, the punishment our poor bodies endure, the anxiety and confusion. We are on emotional roller coasters aren't we? Yep, it is normal to feel down. It's not permanent. I used an anti depressant, Effexor, and it helped me. Others have their solutions, too. The changes are always too slow. I still have my "blue" times, but nothing as bad as it was then. I predict better days ahead for you. Lots of support and hugs!
Gitane

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)