Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: NOT GETTING ANY BETTER

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Mar 11, 2008 09:44PM

neeliecar wrote:

2 WEEKS OUT FROM SURGERY FOR SWITCHING EXPANDERS FOR SILICONE IMPLANTS AND PAIN IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE FIRST WEEK.  BURNING AROUND THE BOTTOM OF MY NEW BOOBS AND THE FEELING OF A VICE GRIPPING ME ALL THE TIME.  PLASTIC SURGEON HAS NO IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING AND HE TOOK ME OFF PAIN MEDS.  I CAN'T EVEN FUNCTION NORMALLY, I HURT SO BAD.  HE WON'T GIVE ME ANY MORE PAIN MEDS.  MY GP FINALLY GAVE ME SOMETHING AS HE BELIEVES NO ONE SHOULD TRY TO FUNCTION IN PAIN.  DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS TYPE OF PAIN AND FOR SO LONG.  I'M READY TO TAKE A GUN TO MYSELF CAUSE I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PAIN FOR 6 MONTHS AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.  HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST, DOES IT EVER GO AWAY?  I AM AT A LOSS.  IS THIS NORMAL?  DOCTORS DON'T SEEM TO THINK SO. EILEEN

Eileen (neeliecar) - Don't plan for tomorrow, live for today! Dx 7/20/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Mar 12, 2008 01:37AM Gitane wrote:

Eileen,
Normal? No way! I had a switch for implants and did not have the burning you describe. Tightness, yes, I think we all have that. If you hurt so bad, and it has been 2 weeks, perhaps your PS can at least give you an explanation for why the pain continues and some kind of timeline for when you can expect improvement. It's very difficult to accept the PS saying "no idea why this is happening" and just stopping the meds. Your GP obviously feels you need some relief. Did the PS explain his/her reasoning? Are you just expected to tough it out or something? Isn't there some suggestion for something you could do to feel better; heat, hot baths, massage, muscle relaxants, physical therapy, something? You have been through so much. I feel so bad for you going through such a difficult time. Hopefully someone who knows more about this than I do can make some suggestions.

Mar 14, 2008 09:53PM SLH wrote:

Hi Eileen,

I had saline implants for 2 1/2 years, and then had them out on Jan 11.  They were always uncomfortable for me.  I wrote about my experience entitled "Failing the Torture-by-Reconstruction Test" under the topic, Breast Reconstruction.

I know you don't want to hear that for some it doesn't work out.  You've been through a lot, and hopefully it will ease up and things will get better.  If it doesn't, then you choose between foobs and feeling good.

Best of luck to you.

sally 

Mar 18, 2008 09:24PM LauraGTO wrote:

Eileen - Any better? You haven't posted in a while...I was wondering how you're doing. I had an expander put in, but had it removed because I couldn't handle the pain... I hope you will post this in the reconstruction forum...I'm sure there are lots of girls that will help you. Best wishes...I hope you're doing better.

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)