Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mammos for ILC

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Mar 15, 2008 11:20AM - edited Jul 5, 2010 02:50PM by Maire67

Maire67 wrote:

This Post was deleted by Maire67.
Dx 6/2005, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, metastasized to bone, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Mar 15, 2008 01:40PM wallycat wrote:

What a horrible experience.   Not all places are like the one you described.

As for why they are doing mammos...this is standard of care.

Mammo unless something is spotted...then ultrasound...biopsy if needed or MRI if undetermined.  HAving said that, your doctor should alert and request (IMHO) more than mammo if your initial dx was found via another technology.

Also, because you had one Dx of ILC, it doesn't mean that we are precluded from a second primary, which could be a different dx and able to be detected via Mammo....

If I were you, I would write a letter to the director of that center and let them know how you were treated.  I would also call your doctor and inquire why more than mammo is not done.

Best to you.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Mar 15, 2008 07:37PM nash wrote:

Ugh, the mammo place sounds awful.

Wallycat is right, though, you can end up with IDC, hence the mammos. But I'm surprised you're not getting MRI's, though. I just finished up chemo and rads, and my breast imaging followup with be an annual MRI and annual mammo, but each spaced six months apart so I'm getting some sort of imaging twice a year.

Stage IV Pleomorphic ILC, initially diagnosed at age 38 Dx 6/7/2007, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/19/2007 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/1/2007 CAF Radiation Therapy 12/27/2007 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/24/2015, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/15/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 2/1/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 6/20/2018, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 7/17/2020, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/17/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 7/23/2020 Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy External: Brain

Mar 16, 2008 05:38AM paige-allyson wrote:

My follow up for the remaining breast is MRI every six months. I have my tx at Dana Farber in Boston. Sorry for the horrible experience- there are too many places like that IMO- awful when one ends up at one of them.

Dx 5/18/2007, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 16, 2008 05:49PM - edited Jul 5, 2010 02:50PM by Maire67

This Post was deleted by Maire67.
Dx 6/2005, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, metastasized to bone, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Aug 25, 2008 01:50AM 4bethann wrote:

What a wretched experience, I am so sorry for you. I hope you can get a second opinion on your care. I found this article online and it may be worth reading from Treatment Trends in Early-Stage Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
A Report From the National Cancer Data Base, 2005

Clinically, ILC may be apparent only as a poorly defined thickening of the breast, rather than presenting as a dominant mass. This makes the extent of the disease difficult to estimate on clinical examination, and the unusual growth pattern can also make ILC hard to visualize by mammography. Although ultrasonography (US) has been shown to be more sensitive than mammography in detecting ILC,6 it may also significantly underestimate the size of ILC lesions. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is more accurate than either mammography or US in defining the extent of the disease but is less widely available.

Link below:

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/arti... 

Dx 7/2/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)