Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: slight vaginal bleeding anxiety -help!

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2008 08:48AM

paige-allyson wrote:

Just figured out this morning that what I had tought was some bleeding from fragile vaginal tissues is actually coming from the cervical area. Of course it's a Satuday and of course I am worried about mets. I have posted re: this in a couple of other locations then realized I should post here too as the concern about reproductive spread is somewhat unique to ilc. I did have a polyp removed and d&c procedure last march prior to my bc dx in May- all results benign- I don't know how likely it is that something could have started within the year with all the chemo, Lupron, Femara. Help and advice please. Do you know any doctors who perform on the spot weekend hysterectomies?

Dx 5/18/2007, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Apr 12, 2008 10:00AM wallycat wrote:

I'm not a doc...but am a worrier Embarassed .

I am not sure how you are determining that it is cervical versus vaginal versus "tender tissue" bleeding....I mean, it would all, in my mind, come from that general area, no?

Bleeding doesn't have to mean cancer...but yes, us worriers assume the worst.  If you had a polyp once, maybe it is simply another fibroid or something, or thinning tissue.

I don't think, even if it is mets, that a weekend hysterectomy would be in order Surprised....

Can you call first thing Monday and speak with your doc.  Most can fit you in right away if htere is an urgent (worrying) patient.

BEST to you.  I am sure it is nothing, but no point not checking.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Apr 12, 2008 05:41PM Jenniferz wrote:

Allyson,

I agree with everything Wallycat says.  Please know that I had bleeding such as yours about a year after I was on Femara.  I, too, had a polyp which was benign, and then a D&C, which was good, too.  When I had the bleeding, I had a vaginal us and fibroids were found.  After finding out what the problem was, my gyn said, "Let's just watch and see what happens."  To date, no more bleeding, and all is quiet.  He thinks the fibroids will shrink out of sight, so he's left them in place for now.

Like Wallycat said, talk to your doctor on Monday.  Then go from there.  Here are some cyber hugs and hopes that you will be just fine and nothing to fret about.

Jennifer

Apr 12, 2008 07:37PM TenderIsOurMight wrote:

Well, you've gotten good responses. We do worry, don't we Allyson?

Your history one year ago of the polyp and D&C has to play high here in probabilities, rather than ilc cervical mets which are rare, rare, rare to begin with.

Also Lupron always is subject to occasional failure in ovarian suppression, so if you can't distinguish cervical as opposed to per os, it's possible you have bleeding from a higher origin, like endometrial or ovarian cyst related.

If it gets bad, you can go through the ER and then a pelvic ultrasound can be done in most hospitals over the weekend. But weekend hysterectomies are as you know, limited to hemorrhage conditions and vascular instability.

Oh, wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to go through these gynecologic problems with use of drugs like Lupron, Femera, and Tamoxifen. But hormonals stir up reproductive tissue, and not so infrequently ladies have to sort through gyn problems with their gynecologists.

Rare, rare, rare, Allyson. Just remember that when your statistical mind floats there. Horses, not Zebras, still apply, remember?

Thinking of you much,
Tender

It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Apr 12, 2008 11:14PM paige-allyson wrote:

Thanks so much for the comments. Tender- the rare, rare , rare went a long way for me tonight. Hopefully you all know I wasn't (quite) serious about the weekend hysterectomy ideaLaughingEmbarassed. I am quick these days to want to part with body parts/organs at the least sign of trouble.

Dx 5/18/2007, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 12, 2008 11:33PM TenderIsOurMight wrote:

Yes, I knew you were talking tongue in cheek. And it's very natural to consider parting with unnecessary body parts which cause persistent problems after having had breast cancer.

You made me chuckle when I read about the weekend hysterectomy. But hey, some do drive by mastectomies don't they?

What's concerning is the day may come when in spite of gyn problems while on BC hormonals, definitive surgery may not be as forthcoming due to rationing.

All the best, Allyson.
Tender

It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)